Lucky escape

as it is a dirty nasty day and I don’t like doing nothing thought  I would get up and carry on putting the floor down in the loft ready to store my gear when I finally move out, getting on in a world of my own forgot where i was and some how managed to fall straight down the hatch, on my way down I put my left hand out and caught hold of the last joist and in a matter of seconds was left dangling by my eternity ring which had sunk into the timber and stopped me, lucky not to loose my finger or carry on down the stairs to the bottom, you can see my ring impression in the joist that saved me ????

3417E0A8-AB5F-4DD5-8795-F2AA9BB5A08E.jpeg

3 minutes ago, waltjnr said:

Your "ring impression in a joist" not an image I'm happy with! ? 

Lucky escape there mate, can strip your finger of flesh, usually wedding rings getting caught do it! This time it saved you by the sounds of it! ? 

Lucky I never married mate ???

• Haha 2

My old man jumped off some racking and took his finger clean off...not a clean snap so couldn’t fix it back on despite that he took it to hospital in a milk bottle......he reckoned he could feel,the end of his finger itching weeks after even though it wasn’t there......legend rip....

29 minutes ago, bell said:

My old man jumped off some racking and took his finger clean off...not a clean snap so couldn’t fix it back on despite that he took it to hospital in a milk bottle......he reckoned he could feel,the end of his finger itching weeks after even though it wasn’t there......legend rip....

My grandad lost his leg at 16 in a shotgun accident . Even now at 80odd years old he gets twinges in the leg thats not there . Think its something to do with the nerve endings 

On the subject of rings and accidents a guy i know was putting up the nets before a football game (some can see where this is going ) and they had hooks on back of the crossbar to hook net on . He was jumping up putting them on and his ring got caught on the hook as he came down . Made a mess of his finger