Timmy trigger

Timneys are a decent upgrade for the cz 452s’ etc as they offer adjustment for weight and travel. An easy swap on a cz but I don’t know how much improvement they offer for tikka. However, as SD says regarding the cz‘s, a good and light creep free trigger can be achieved with a lighter spring and roller from the kits available at a fraction of the price. Maybe the Timney offers a better overall trigger, but if it’s worth the investment is probably debatable? Also, some inletting will be necessary with some rifles.

4 hours ago, villaman said:

Has anyone used a timmy triggers if so are they worth the money ?

some say it makes the tikka into a different gun 

If you want a good trigger for a Tikka then consider Tikka's own set trigger. I have them on my supervarmints and they are superb, they are set to 8oz.

• Like 1

I’ve just purchased a t3x supervarmint, ( not collected yet as waiting for 1 for 1 to come back) the bloke in shop told me he’ll adjust the trigger for me, was hopping that 1260 quid got you something that didn’t need more money spending on it  ?

• Like 1
On 09/11/2019 at 07:47, nick703 said:

I’ve just purchased a t3x supervarmint, ( not collected yet as waiting for 1 for 1 to come back) the bloke in shop told me he’ll adjust the trigger for me, was hopping that 1260 quid got you something that didn’t need more money spending on it  ?

You don't even need to change the spring you can just dremmel a couple of coils off it to lighten it.

• Like 1
On 08/11/2019 at 18:02, villaman said:

Has anyone used a timmy triggers if so are they worth the money ?

some say it makes the tikka into a different gun 

Are you having second thoughts now mitch regarding the CZ and fancying the Tikka instead.

Phil

1 hour ago, philpot said:

Are you having second thoughts now mitch regarding the CZ and fancying the Tikka instead.

Phil

No , not at all Phil going to buy the tikka in 17 HMR and probably CZ 457 royal in 22

speaking to someone over the weekend  and he said cz457 is a great little gun and the have ironed out the flaws in previous models 

Just need to find a mod for 17 HMR now 

2 hours ago, villaman said:

No , not at all Phil going to buy the tikka in 17 HMR and probably CZ 457 royal in 22

speaking to someone over the weekend  and he said cz457 is a great little gun and the have ironed out the flaws in previous models 

Just need to find a mod for 17 HMR now 

From what I understand Mitch, it doesn't make much difference whether you put on a £40 SAK or a £200 Wildcat as the shot goes out at about 3200fps so it is not going to quiet down that much. Perhaps some more experienced hmr users on here will advise differently but several very experienced rifle users at Forest Lodge told me that.

Good luck with whatever you go for mate.

Phil

Well I’d have to disagree with that. I have a wildcat evo, not something you’d use on a rimfire, but it makes a small centrefire quieter than a magnum rimfire fitted with a sak or similar. Sak are good enough for rimfire and great value, but they don’t compare to a decent centrefire moderator for performance. 

Edited by Rimfireboy!
Yes
  • Like 1

I have used Timney on and off for many years, the most recent ones included a Rem 700, CZ 452 and a Mauser 98, they are a great unit and can save a lot of mucking about, their adjustability is awesome and really I cannot complain with the dozen or so I had over the years. I can comment from my own experience, Dremeling down any springs just does not yield the same results, have tried a couple of times, with CZ's the Yo Dave kits are really good, and as for the Tikka, again my experience has been that simply changing out the spring still left me wanting something a bit better, over the years I have done both and always ended up going to a replacement Timney, but I am very fussy with Triggers so my answer is yes they are worth the investment.