33 minutes ago, Fitzwilliam said:

Hi guys, I’m quite new to trapping rats and just wanted to know what traps you all prefer to use. I mainly use the old fashioned victor ones but found an old mk4 fenn on a local farm and was quite impressed with it. 

E444734B-8A3D-4E84-BFFE-66D90855079C.jpeg

The victor is a excellent rat trap.  Presented in the correct manner, they are hard beat IMO.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, stormyboy said:

Black cat traps are a game changer. No neophobia, rats caught stone dead within hours.

I just watched a vid of this trap. Is capable of dispatching grey squirrels too. Looks VERY good. 

Tempted to get one to trial it - £27 off Ebay- ouch.

Do you know where I can get cheaper?

3 hours ago, twelsh said:

Where do you buy these traps from mate

Traditional pest control mate email is in my post before the pics. They're a game changer, had to go back out after I finished tonight, had one in a trap only been down 3 hours. Just ordered a bunch more myself.

20 hours ago, stormyboy said:

Traditional pest control mate email is in my post before the pics. They're a game changer, had to go back out after I finished tonight, had one in a trap only been down 3 hours. Just ordered a bunch more myself.

Cool looking trap, but what is it about these traps that make them stand out amongst other trap designs?

1 hour ago, EDDIE B said:

Cool looking trap, but what is it about these traps that make them stand out amongst other trap designs?

They don't have to stand on it, I think that's why there's no neophobia. The bottom is dished, most are using oats with a small slice of Apple on the trigger and a spray of aniseed. They feed from the dish, as soon as the trigger is lifted very slightly, goodnight. 

The only drawback imo, they won't fit under kitchen units.

• Like 1

I like the idea of those traps. ?  I can see them working in places like inside kitchen cupboards, pantries or other rooms that can be isolated from pets and kids where a boxed trap or the conventional treadle triggered trap alerts their suspicion.

I went to put some kitchen waste out in the compost bin this morning and found a rat's nest in there. I've put a Mk. IV welcome mat out for it. Horses for courses. ?