More bad press

To my point about making sure your dogs cat savvy it's the same way you would teach it to ignore sheep cattle horses etc .you certainly wouldn't go out lamping ferreting if your dog wasn't stock broken. they learn from the owner to resist the urge to chase sheep etc the same principle is the same but just applied to cats tight leash word no till they learn to ignore it with indifference let's be honest theres plenty cats and encounters with these are depending were you live .you would use the same methods as you would on livestock .

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a f***ing prick ?

He deserved it ... fukcing grown man screeching like a little girl over a present ........

The difference between feral cats out in open country and this moggie sat on it's own property is worlds apart. I do come across frequently and what we deem to be ferals no small number belong to farm

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, abrasivewheel said:

To my point about making sure your dogs cat savvy it's the same way you would teach it to ignore sheep cattle horses etc .you certainly wouldn't go out lamping ferreting if your dog wasn't stock broken. they learn from the owner to resist the urge to chase sheep etc the same principle is the same but just applied to cats tight leash word no till they learn to ignore it with indifference let's be honest theres plenty cats and encounters with these are depending were you live .you would use the same methods as you would on livestock .

Well if that's your point young sir I will take heed and tell my dog no to every moth bitten that parades round my manor and thinks they own I'd better stop baiting up the garden aswell with tins of wiskers and Felix thank you sir I have seen the light 

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Some of the largest colonies of feral cats certainly do live in urban areas. Industrial estates, hospital grounds etc. Killed hundreds of the things years ago when I was doing pest control ?

My dad was a bird keeper as so was I as so was most of the people who I grew up around pigeons canaries etc and to me the cat was the enemy only Last Year a good friend of mine parted some young birds into a flight on there own cat got in the the pigeon pet killed 1 of his well bred young birds that he had put time in to rear as long us to people it's a hobby there birds are there pride and joy and for a fat moggy to come in and do that isn't nice it's just like a mink or fox doing it 

• Like 3

Penda no need to be sarcastic what I meant was when walking the dog or pup if it showed interest in a moggie a tight leash and the word no was sufficient of course like breaking to livestock it's done over a period of time till they learn to ignore them . Theres plenty households with cats and even a half an hour walk you usually come across half a dozen or more .my last point on the subject now was it was a deliberate act and it served no point whatsoever the only think I gained from it was the RSPCA just confirmed my theory that some of there officers are thick .

4 minutes ago, abrasivewheel said:

Penda no need to be sarcastic what I meant was when walking the dog or pup if it showed interest in a moggie a tight leash and the word no was sufficient of course like breaking to livestock it's done over a period of time till they learn to ignore them . Theres plenty households with cats and even a half an hour walk you usually come across half a dozen or more .my last point on the subject now was it was a deliberate act and it served no point whatsoever the only think I gained from it was the RSPCA just confirmed my theory that some of there officers are thick .

Im making a point mate that people talk like it's easy to stop a dog a sight hound at that fact from taking a dislike to something that it primudially wants to catch and kill and you think keeping it on a lead and saying no is enough to make them stop come on if that's the case I could stop my dog chasing anything at all heres another 1 for you years back my mate kept cats with his working dogs in his house the dog was brilliant in the house loved his Mrs cats the minute it went into the field it seemed to have a radar for finding cats and he wouldn't make friends let's just say that and as for rspca I have no time what so ever for thats glorified charity 

Hunting dogs certainly should be broken to livestock without a doubt, but I don't consider cats as livestock. 

Though would never encourage a dog, I would not expect a dog that is used for certain quarry to be broken to them. Cats roam where they please, mess where they please, kill everything they please. 

If you let your children out and told them, "just come back home whenever you want," one day they'll never come back or go missing or worse. Cat owners are in general, the most irresponsible of animal owners. They are a real pest in areas and disease carriers, collar or no collar.

• Like 2

A

5 minutes ago, Neobliviscaris1776 said:

Hunting dogs certainly should be broken to livestock without a doubt, but I don't consider cats as livestock. 

Though would never encourage a dog, I would not expect a dog that is used for certain quarry to be broken to them. Cats roam where they please, mess where they please, kill everything they please. 

If you let your children out and told them, "just come back home whenever you want," one day they'll never come back or go missing or worse. Cat owners are in general, the most irresponsible of animal owners. They are a real pest in areas and disease carriers, collar or no collar.

Amen to that mate 

• Like 1

I'm not defending the lad who put his dog on that cat.

But what pisses me off is cat owners who think it's ok to let there cat out at night for hrs on end to shit in people's gardens.

The wife spent dozens of hrs doing her little veg patch and she would dig the soil a few inches to plant something and find cat shit.

A lad from the village was walking past 1 day out the back and his 2 bull x jumped in next doors and killed the cat.

The veg patch was shit free all summer then..

People should walk the dirty things on leads or don't own 1.

If my dog was out every night shitting on people's gardens then there would be enough people moaning about it.

2 hours ago, Penda said:

I'm glad I'm on no social media what so ever this is the only site I'm on be it a sane place or I just go on here because it's something to read while I sit on the toilet or Waite for an egg to boil or the kettle to boil 

Pretty much same as me mate I’m not on fb or any other social media stuff just on here to waist a bit o time 

It's an emotive subject, but I'm on the bird keepers and gardeners side 100%. And like king said, why is it ok for cat owners to let their cats roam where they like, shit where they like, ruin, in some cases with certain gardens, hundreds of pounds worth of plants, seedlings etc, but if you let your dog do it, youd have the full force of the law up your arse?!!

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, shaaark said:

It's an emotive subject, but I'm on the bird keepers and gardeners side 100%. And like king said, why is it ok for cat owners to let their cats roam where they like, shit where they like, ruin, in some cases with certain gardens, hundreds of pounds worth of plants, seedlings etc, but if you let your dog do it, youd have the full force of the law up your arse?!!

Wonder how many of these cats are nueterd and micro chipped if there left to roam around causing all sorts of chaos like you said if our dogs did that we'd be getting fined and all sorts 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Glad to see that the general consensus on here it that the bloke is a tool.

Doesn't matter what you think of other people owning cats, when it is sat next to a house like that only someone sick in the head would do that. That is someones pet, I'm no cat lover (seems to be a theme on here!) but someone probably thinks a great deal of those animals.

Anyone condoning that, how would you feel if someone did similar to your dog that was sat out on the front drive or you found out it was stolen to be a bait dog for fighting gangs? - absolutely agree that he is on a level with dog thieves.

Arguing that you cant stop a dog chasing a cat it daft, what if your dog started doing the same to other dogs - would you just let it be?

If the cat is in with livestock / pets (eg pigeons) then it is a different matter. They do kill things but that is not for boys in town with dogs to police.

Edited by Dan Newcombe
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, Dan Newcombe said:

Glad to see that the general consensus on here it that the bloke is a tool.

Doesn't matter what you think of other people owning cats, when it is sat next to a house like that only someone sick in the head would do that. That is someones pet, I'm no cat lover (seems to be a theme on here!) but someone probably thinks a great deal of those animals.

Anyone condoning that, how would you feel if someone did similar to your dog that was sat out on the front drive or you found out it was stolen to be a bait dog for fighting gangs? - absolutely agree that he is on a level with dog thieves.

Arguing that you cant stop a dog chasing a cat it daft, what if your dog started doing the same to other dogs - would you just let it be?

If the cat is in with livestock / pets (eg pigeons) then it is a different matter. They do kill things but that is not for boys in town with dogs to police.

Well the kids been convicted now he was west Midlands most wanted for supposedly attacking a cat when I'm pretty sure there's worse people out there at large and now us tax payers have got to pay to keep him in there and feed him for ever how long hes in there if that ain't madness then blow me down with a balloon?????