Any ideas 2 terrier pups 6month old are screaming in middle of night and morning tried buckets of water and all sorts im sick of it anyone got any ideas usually hose pipe sorts it I’m having to take them to work so neighbours don’t complain anyone else had it I’ve never had it this bad tried putting them together but still same 

if they are screaming,Could be as simple as a mouse or a slug  had pups do it to me couple of times once they had noticed a slug moving out of their reach and another time a mouse was living in the brick wall next to the kennel , check for  anything moving around in your yard at night could even be a spider :)

• Like 4

Are they kenneled inside or out side had a dog here like that couple year ago nonstop barking it was a pup I gave shovel shy and he gave him back  at 9months old said he was over stocked I knew after 3 days why he gave him back this dog never stopped barking and bouncing of walls non stop it was. I gave to a mate that was low on dogs I asked him after a week how the was getting on he said fine no noise from him he just made out he had him in an open run seemed ta do the trick he still has him 3 yrs later.

Edited by chesney
12 minutes ago, chesney said:

Are they kenneled inside or out side had a dog here like that couple year ago nonstop barking it was a pup I gave shovel shy and he gave him back  at 9months old said he was over stocked I knew after 3 days why he gave him back this dog never stopped barking and bouncing of walls non stop it was. I gave to a mate that was low on dogs I asked him after a week how the was getting on he said fine no noise from him he just made out he had him in an open run seemed ta do the trick he still has him 3 yrs later.

Outside mate fairly big run and kennel they’ve only just started past 3 week or so and there’s not been any fireworks we’re i am really so can’t be that I’ve looked for cats but can’t see one something has got to be setting them off 

I woke up 1 morning 5:30 a black staff i had was howling flat out in the kennel.

I called him to the front of the run and threw a full bucket of cold water over him.

Woke up the next morning he was howling again.

So I went up called him to the front of the run again and then showed him the bucket.

He ran back in the kennel.

I placed the bucket just outside the run gate.

So he woukd spend all day looking at the bucket.

And he knows what the bucket can do.

He was as quiet as a mouse from that day on..

If you can work out how to get into there heads problems can be solved much easier.

• Like 5
4 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Are they cold ? 

Thsts not being a knob , but do they continue it if they move environment

health ? 

Attention ? 

They went to father in-laws last weekend while we were away and did same no mate they have heat lamps they seem to be ok so far after hose pipe this morning time will tell 

Sounds like boredom to me how often do you take them out are they exercised enough mentally and physically and if one starts the other not far away do you go out every time they start because if so it may be they know they will get your attention 

1 hour ago, Blackmag said:

Sounds like boredom to me how often do you take them out are they exercised enough mentally and physically and if one starts the other not far away do you go out every time they start because if so it may be they know they will get your attention 

They get walked at 7am and 1pm before I start work so will do 4to five miles a day and plenty of toys and chews for them 

14 hours ago, sid g said:

somethings winding them up .. i had a little radio in my kennel block i put it in , when i moved here in 1980 it never got turned off untill june this year when i lost my last terrier to old age ...

TOP ANSWER.  IT WORKS.I TO USED A RADIO NOT ON TO LOUD AND TUNE IN TO SOME CHANNEL LIKE RADIO 2,NOTHING BANGING, WITH PLENTY OF TALKING ON,IT REALLY DOES CALM THE DOGS.

• Like 4
On 06/11/2019 at 09:49, sid g said:

somethings winding them up .. i had a little radio in my kennel block i put it in , when i moved here in 1980 it never got turned off untill june this year when i lost my last terrier to old age ...

Have always had a radio in the kennels. ?. Have also known men have a single canary in a cage in their kennel. 

• Like 1