Hard water...

7 minutes ago, king said:

They are weird things.the reviews are talking about using large bags of salt.

It's all new to me.the reviews are saying a big difference in water quality as quick as a few days.

In will read up more on them ted. 

Yes

you have to buy bags of softener salt

that salt is also good deer bait 

• Like 1

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That’s because of the massive surface area not the soft water ? ...... 

Easier to stick a pick up, just a community tank these days mate, have had Malawi cichlids and a big pair of oscars in the past 

The waters that hard round here that it threatens to kick my head in when I turn the tap on....

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, king said:

Feck that's crazy water.

I don't blame you sorting a water system out mushroom.

Must be fecking the body up drinking all that shit. 

The water in s.wales is spot on

Never drink it. I used bottle water 8 litres for 1€

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, king said:

The fridge freezer has an inline filter on it.we have been using water from that for the kettle.but the water is still very poor.

I will have a read up of them trigger..

I,m in Bristol so only about 10 mile from bath and it’s horrendous here a lot of people have an electrical device on the mains as it comes in that is supposed to sort it out, not sure how they work but have seen a lot of houses with them in, luckily I,m even harder so the water don’t f**k with me or I would fit one, when I go up to see my daughter in Gloucester the water is so different my misses can’t clean her teeth with it as it makes them go over sensitive and a brew tastes totally different ✌️✌️ think this is what I see in houses round me ?

56A1FC62-25B4-4B7A-A48F-00460A241843.png

Edited by Greyman
5 minutes ago, Greyman said:

I,m in Bristol so only about 10 mile from bath and it’s horrendous here a lot of people have an electrical device on the mains as it comes in that is supposed to sort it out, not sure how they work but have seen a lot of houses with them in, luckily I,m even harder so the water don’t f**k with me or I would fit one, when I go up to see my daughter in Gloucester the water is so different my misses can’t clean her teeth with it as it makes them go over sensitive and a brew tastes totally different ✌️✌️

You boil the kettle once here.look in it after it's cooled a bit and there's a scummy cloud on top.

Have them electrical devices got filters or use the salt GM 

8 minutes ago, king said:

Feck that's crazy water.

I don't blame you sorting a water system out mushroom.

Must be fecking the body up drinking all that shit. 

The water in s.wales is spot on

Likely good for your body, just shite for everything else.

"Hard water is not a health hazard. In fact, the National Research Council (National Academy of Sciences) states that hard drinking water generally contributes a small amount toward total calcium and magnesium human dietary needs. They further state that in some instances, where dissolved calcium and magnesium are very high, water could be a major contributor of calcium and magnesium to the diet."

https://water-research.net/index.php/water-treatment/tools/hard-water-hardness )

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3775162/

Just now, king said:

You boil the kettle once here.look in it after it's cooled a bit and there's a scummy cloud on top.

Have them electrical devices got filters or use the salt GM 

I think you just fit it and that’s it job done, possibly some kind of electro magnet or something, ?

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Never drink it. I used bottle water 8 litres for 1€

I get mince & chicken wings in Lidl for the dogs and ferrets.

They got 2ltr bottles of spring water for 17p that's great to use.

The wife drinks about 15 mugs of tea a day.

It ends up like a fecking bottle bank here lol.

So that's not good either.

7 minutes ago, sandymere said:

Likely good for your body, just shite for everything else.

"Hard water is not a health hazard. In fact, the National Research Council (National Academy of Sciences) states that hard drinking water generally contributes a small amount toward total calcium and magnesium human dietary needs. They further state that in some instances, where dissolved calcium and magnesium are very high, water could be a major contributor of calcium and magnesium to the diet."

https://water-research.net/index.php/water-treatment/tools/hard-water-hardness )

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3775162/

But as mushroom said about stones.

I don't fancy pissing 1 of them out sandy.

22 minutes ago, walshie said:

We have the opposite problem here with the water being so soft. The kettle has zero scale but a 5 minute shower takes 10 minutes to wash the soap off. 

That’s because of the massive surface area not the soft water ? ...... 

• Haha 4