dog insurance

I still think dog insurance is a swizz. It has 100% put the price of vetinary care up over the last 20 years.

What makes me laugh is that your insurance premium goes up the older your dog gets and the likelihood of your dog needing vetinary care increases, funny that. Or you dog has less coverage the older it gets.

I know a large animal vet personally and have two other vets as customers. They say insured animals visit the surgery unnecessarily far more than uninsured animals. Many vets see this as a licence to make money. 

A little more than 20 years ago I took a Bull Terrier to the vet he had done a cruciate ligament. The vet asked me if I was insured, I said no and it took the bill from £700 down to £400 that did it for me, I would never buy insurance, not because of the saving because but because of the principle.

Now a days vets assume everyone has insurance and they charge accordingly. 

I could go on and on about the disagreements I have had with vets, especially junior vets and I am sad to say female vets too. You can't even get a fecking pain killer for an old dog without greasing the palm of Volvo Driving no nothing, when you can go to the supermarket and buy drugs for babies, what a joke!

In fact, insurance cuntpanies and vets are right up there with MP's and Traffic wardens ???

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I hear what you are saying about what vets charge and about insurance premium goes up the older your dog gets that's why I shop around every year when it comes to an end the older bitch broke her baby upper canine when she was a pup she was at the vets for her first jab junior vet giving jab saw it got in a flap saying she needs to go to have it removed I refused saying it would be dropping out in a couple more weeks she tried to dictate to me about this and that she was young enough to be my daughter a know it now't but the reason I insure  them is I don't have a fortune and the older bitch cost me over a grand to buy which I couldn't just pull out if I had to replace her the vet I use now is old school large animal had pup in for her second jab told me that if she wasn't going in to kennels she didn't need it but you never no what is round the corner