2 dogs same kennel

12 minutes ago, slipper said:

Has anyone got 2 lurcher dogs sharing same kennel just wondering if possible 

It is possible, but I wouldn't do it. Sometimes it takes the slightest thing to set a dog off and attack it's kennel mate. Better safe than sorry ?

• Like 4
1 hour ago, slipper said:

Has anyone got 2 lurcher dogs sharing same kennel just wondering if possible 

Had a decent lurcher killed in a kennel fight when I was first starting out and didn’t know any better, I’ve kennelled lurchers together since but it’s been brother and sister or mother and son and never kennelled two unrelated dogs even if they’ve been reared together, might not be how other people go about it but it’s worked for me and I’ve never lost a dog in kennels since. 

Edited by dogmandont
  • Like 2

Got a 13 yr old dog who was kenneled with another dog for 7yrs even when bitches have been in season with no bother he as been kenneled for the last 4 and half years with his son without a problem .. but he is the type of dog that when in the kennel he just sleeps .. 

• Thanks 1

I’ve got aunt an niece kenneled together at the minute I’ve kenneled bitches together in the past with  no problems but I don’t plan on keeping my current 2 together being both terrier blooded an both the firey type it’s a accident awaiting to happen! Got plans in the pipe line for another kennel

• Like 2

I've had 2 males in together before they was separate litters both same age got to year and a half old and all hell would brake loose over nothing. I ended up getting one of them the chop and then it all stopped but wouldn't advise it myself I'd never do it again. But then I wouldn't kennel again mines in the house with me 

• Like 2

My old bitchs dam an pied bitches gran dam ended up dead due to a kennel fight the dogs had always been kenneled together with no previous I mean dogs that have always been kenneled together anything can set a kennel fight off any think from a simple laying in the wrong bed or touching a resting dog walking past to go to a bed or a simple challenge for position or status in the little pack I know people like to compare there dogs to wolves I like to think I’d never have any problems kenneling 2 bitches it’d also save me a lot of money as well but it’s just masking the what could be the inevitable an trying to predict the future all on a risk it might happen it might not