Sign in to follow this  
Wideboy

1st November Ireland

Well lads, any joy on the 1st. I put up 2 pheasants and 10 woodcock all day. I normally don’t see that many woodcock on the 1st. I only got one snap shot off on one of the woodcock today. But I did put a wild cock pheasant in the bag and the dogs worked well too! We have our local gun club competition tomorrow night followed by the county competition after in the same pub. There will be a few pints 🍺 had tomorrow  night!

How did everyone else get on today👍

DD4CB90D-7B35-4AC1-8312-1057475B1A7F.jpeg

• Like 5

Was out with a mate, We managed to get  3 pheasants a woodcock and a nice mallard. A good day all in, wasn't easy had to put the miles in but was well worth it. 

• Like 1

We had great day,was one of our best ever we finished up with 16 and they wer al released birds 3weeks ago.

• Like 1

Took the bitch out for a wander yesterday and today. Yesterday I managed to put up 2 cock birds but on the wrong side of the ditch I was on so never even fired a shot🙄. So decided to give it another go today same story as before 2 up but again no shot . Walked about for a hour or so thinking it would be same craic as the day before but eventually bitch flew into a patch of cover and out came 2 roosters and about 4 or 5 hens. Managed to down 1 this time and my bitch made a nice retrieve out a think bit of cover. 

IMG_20191106_120014.jpg

• Like 5

On 06/11/2019 at 14:08, Liamboy said:

Took the bitch out for a wander yesterday and today. Yesterday I managed to put up 2 cock birds but on the wrong side of the ditch I was on so never even fired a shot🙄. So decided to give it another go today same story as before 2 up but again no shot . Walked about for a hour or so thinking it would be same craic as the day before but eventually bitch flew into a patch of cover and out came 2 roosters and about 4 or 5 hens. Managed to down 1 this time and my bitch made a nice retrieve out a think bit of cover. 

IMG_20191106_120014.jpg

Nice bitch, how do you find her for cover, good start

Thanks, I more than happy with her and she doesn't mind going into the think stuff. She's busy for a lab. 

Edited by Liamboy
  • Like 3

Hi lads, had pup out for his first day. He did well, found it hard to keep him close so might give him a break from birds for a while. Hearing conflicting advice. He put up three birds that I could shoot at and did some nice retrieves. I didn't see any woodcock yet.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, jwed said:

Hi lads, had pup out for his first day. He did well, found it hard to keep him close so might give him a break from birds for a while. Hearing conflicting advice. He put up three birds that I could shoot at and did some nice retrieves. I didn't see any woodcock yet.

When you say pup, how old you talking?

1 minute ago, jwed said:

Sorry, he's 16 months old so not really a pup any more 😄. Just a habit calling him that.

Ah, I thought you were going to say 7 months old or the likes. I destroyed my first gundog by bringing it out too young. 16/18 months a good starting age. 

• Like 1

On 06/11/2019 at 14:08, Liamboy said:

IMG_20191106_120014.jpg

What brand is the gun, nice stock on it! I have a browning silver for mucking about with, but that's way more fancier!

It's nothing fancy, its just a beretta teknys the stock isn't real wood just a wooden look finish which is a bit crap cos it marks up very easily. But it does for knocking about with.