457 royal

It will be interesting what will happen with the 457 after Edgar Brothers have requested CZ to produce more 455 for them. Is it that they have not proved to be as good as the 455, quality issues or general dislike by us the customers. Whatever, there is something and I am not trying to put you off Mitch but the rfd who told me that is a big dealer of rifles, way way more rifles than shot guns and airguns and they get through a great many CZ guns and if he says EB have requested 455 to be continued, there must be a reason.

Phil

Trouble is Phil who do you listen to . I got told not to buy a tikka because to many went back . Sometimes people don’t like change . Just look at air guns , Hw 110 for example, loads slated it because it was different but it’s become a very good move by Weihrauch and a good selling gun .

All the reports I have read ,reports on you tube , forums and talking to shooters who have 457 royal say nothing but good things , only a few bad comments and that was price 

Like I said  change they want the 455 back because that’s what they use to 

• Like 1

You are absolutely right Mitch, there are so many things spouted about new guns and as you said the 110 is a case in point. Who knows what is wrong if anything with the 457 and if you consider how many CZ rifles there are out in the market along with the reputation they have, it is hard to see anything being serious, perhaps the price is the issue as it is more expensive than CZ buyers are used to. I didn't buy it because I was not keen on the handling in the shoulder but that is me but cannot knock the looks as they are really nice.

I am the first to say that the Tikka would have better in beech with rubberized finish like the 110 as I am not a lover of plastic stocks but it will be handy shooting at night with any knocks it may get but if I do go for the 17hmr, that will be a wood stock for sure.

Go for it mitch and enjoy.

Phil

• Like 1

I’d be surprised if they don’t work and shoot very well. I saw a royal some time ago in the countryman, personally I didn’t like it, but strangely I do like the mtr model, especially the 16 inch version. It’s an oddball I suppose, but there’s just something about the mtr that I like the look of. A bit of a heavyweight though. Each to their own, if you like it, go for it I say?.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, villaman said:

Trouble is Phil who do you listen to . I got told not to buy a tikka because to many went back . Sometimes people don’t like change . Just look at air guns , Hw 110 for example, loads slated it because it was different but it’s become a very good move by Weihrauch and a good selling gun .

All the reports I have read ,reports on you tube , forums and talking to shooters who have 457 royal say nothing but good things , only a few bad comments and that was price 

Like I said  change they want the 455 back because that’s what they use to 

I'm more than happy with my collection of 452! :D :laugh: :thumbs:

Edited by Deker
9 hours ago, Alsone said:

It's all different tastes. Personally I'd buy this if it were my money because I like laminates and stainless:

https://www.czub.cz/en/produkty/malorazky/cz-455-stainless-thumbhole.html

That said, the Royal 457 has a nice stock.

I admire your taste, If I were shooting in daylight, that is a rifle that would sit nicely in my cabinet and not too far away from my thoughts when/if I go for an hmr as that will be a laminated GRS stock if possible.

Phil

• Like 1