Difference in PARD NV008 and NV008LRF

7 hours ago, ukhunter said:

008LRF is well over priced for the ‘extra features’

Just buy a NV008 add the latest firmware form blackwood outdoors + add 700M Range Range finder off the bay for £85

so for around £540 your have basically same unit as NV008LRF

That's what I thought.  Cheers

I do like the ability of the lrf to hold multiple zero points and picture in picture which can be done as said with certain downloads but I wonder if there have been any issues in doing this process. I should say that I don't own one YET but will do soon.

Phil

1 hour ago, lllluke1 said:

Looking at getting one, but not sure.  Doing well with a lamp for spotting and a red lamp on the scope for shooting.

Do I need night vision????????

Night vision "spotter lamping" is a good halfway house that sets you up for the lamping.

I've got the nv007 I know it the baby model but got the best of both worlds take it off  the scopes in the day and pop it back on for a bit of ratting and only £280 half the price of the 008 works for me I had the photon before this and got to say not in the same league as the pard only one gripe were do they get 8 hour battery life from I use it on ir 1 and the lowest brightness level and get about 3 hours if I'm lucky ☺️ but got 4 batteries as backup so more than enough ?

• 1 month later...

The PARD,s are very good value for money, I have the 007 and recently changed my 008 for the 008lrf. They are good stand alone sights out to 150 yards but add an SRX or similar laser and you are fox ready. The only ir sight I have used that is beter is the Drone Pro 10 which is quite a bit more £££££ if you can get one. The 008 is fitted to my wee 22 Sako and the 007 flits between my other rifles. One thing I would say with the 007 is it works best on very low mag scopes and it prefers Japanese or even the beter Chinese glass over European makes. The 008 lrf is worth the extra ££££ if you are fitting it to an airgun or 22lr, for centrefire it prehaps is not so impotant and you will pick up a standard used 008 for very little. Hopethis helps.

• 4 weeks later...