Tikka tinkering

I bought a Tikka T1x .22lr a few weeks ago and in between the heavy rain showers, I have been trying out a few different types of ammo BUT the one thing that has been in my thoughts was the position of my hand on the pistol grip which was not quite at the angle that I found completely comfortable. Now the thought of a GRS stock seemed a good move after looking at one in the RFD but at a price. Now this is on back burner at the moment although I have found a s/h one which may be suitable but nevertheless I wanted to try the alternative grip and forend that can be purchased for the T1x / T3x and at a total cost of £52, it seemed a logical first move.

Well the pair arrived today and they took only 5mins to fit both.

20191031_172018_zpsdb1yxuwc.jpg

20191031_172023_zpsiigvicqi.jpg

Straight away the new verticle grip is so much more comfortable than the standard grip and the semi beever tail forend again offers greater grip and comfort. For what must be regarded as a small sum by today's standards, these two Tikka extras have made a considerable difference to the handling of my rifle. 

Is a GRS stock out of the window now ? well perhaps on back burner for a while.

Now off for a couple of hours on the rabbits.

Phil

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Stavross said:

Oh, I like the look of them, I find my T3x very nice to shoot as standard, but I could be convinced to fit them purely for the look of the rifle, where did you get them from

EBay or your local rfd, I got the olive green for my 22lr & grey for the hmr,  great improvement on the forstock 

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, Stavross said:

Oh, I like the look of them, I find my T3x very nice to shoot as standard, but I could be convinced to fit them purely for the look of the rifle, where did you get them from

Hre you go Stavross. You can stick with the standard pistol grip design in another colour if you prefer.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TIKKA-T3X-T1X-COYOTE-BROWN-GRIPS-FORENDS/264401081566?var=564029742191

Sean.    I may well try to alter the trigger pressure but it feels lighter than 4lb, that is bloody heavy, I will test that with some scales to check it out and if it is 4lb, I will reduce it a little.

Phil

• Like 1

I have used the T1x with a GRS stock, and whilst the stock offers a lot (and easy) adjustment I didn't find the pistol grip particularly comfortable, just too bulky for me, and my hands are not small.

Also looked at a GRS stock for our new Club .223 Howa, but same, issues, frankly I'm not knocked out with the build quality either.

The kit looks a good option!

:thumbs:

Now this is what you call a pistol grip, Oryx stock we ended up with on the new club .223. (no Idea if its available for T1x)097a.jpg.c8af2e3f06cb61139265d37d9c71a70a.jpg

• Like 3
10 hours ago, villaman said:

Looks nice Phil and cheap 

Have looked at the boyds stocks Phil  ,about £ 250 

Yes I agree Mitch, they are nice but around £330 for the adjustable stock and they list the Tikka T3 but not T3x/T1x, don't know if that makes a difference however the GRS still has it for me.

Phil

15 hours ago, philpot said:

Hre you go Stavross. You can stick with the standard pistol grip design in another colour if you prefer.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TIKKA-T3X-T1X-COYOTE-BROWN-GRIPS-FORENDS/264401081566?var=564029742191

Sean.    I may well try to alter the trigger pressure but it feels lighter than 4lb, that is bloody heavy, I will test that with some scales to check it out and if it is 4lb, I will reduce it a little.

Phil

No pink ones! ?

On 01/11/2019 at 07:56, Deker said:

:thumbs:

Now this is what you call a pistol grip, Oryx stock we ended up with on the new club .223. (no Idea if its available for T1x)097a.jpg.c8af2e3f06cb61139265d37d9c71a70a.jpg

Provided you like the military look, then that's a nice looking gun Deker. The straight line through the stock should aid accuracy as well.