Mortgage advice

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One last picture as I’m still ever so slightly excited, this was the moment of realising a dream I’ve had for most of my life am also able to give my daughter and grandkids a stable family home in the

Guess what I,ve just bought ????? couple of pics from inside, all the China wear came with it, I have added nothing or removed nothing ?

This is what it actually is, it’s called a Leeds and Liverpool short boat originally used to transport goods, but instead of a cargo hold its got accommodation, this one was made for somebody in 1995

Posted Images

On 29/10/2020 at 20:05, ginger beard said:

Anyway greyman,what’s going on with the boat.?

The dreaded deed has been done just signed all the legal nonsense and handed over the money, only to be told I,m not allowed in the marina from Thursday ?????

11 minutes ago, Balaur said:

What a bummer, can't you have it as your place of residence? Surely can't stop that or are they suggesting you move the boat?

It’s a non residential marina so you can’t use it as an address, the marina has an electric gate and I have a fob so worse case I will have to sneak in at night and drive it out onto the canal so I can start loading my life on board, even the swing bridges on the canal are closed atm so can’t even go very far, but I can get it next to a road bridge we’re i can get my van to it, I just wanted to stay in the marina for a couple of months to do any small jobs that need doing and familiarise myself with things before setting off, but the best layed  plans of mice and men, 35 years I,ve been planning this now held up by a f***ing cold ? but hey what’s another few weeks ?

• Like 2

This is what it actually is, it’s called a Leeds and Liverpool short boat originally used to transport goods, but instead of a cargo hold its got accommodation, this one was made for somebody in 1995 and is one of only one in existence, which is why I didn’t want to shout to much about it, as it is probably worth quite a bit more than I paid for it, unlike a normal narrow boat it’s also capable of coastal travel and would get across the channel to France without to much difficulty, it has an enormous engine and tanks for fuel and water, will get it kitted out with solar panels over the next couple of months and I,ll be self sufficient and ready to go off grid in comfort ???????????????????????????????? 

5424A13F-71B1-421A-9EE2-A2AED2EDC706.jpeg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2
3 hours ago, Greyman said:

This is what it actually is, it’s called a Leeds and Liverpool short boat originally used to transport goods, but instead of a cargo hold its got accommodation, this one was made for somebody in 1995 and is one of only one in existence, which is why I didn’t want to shout to much about it, as it is probably worth quite a bit more than I paid for it, unlike a normal narrow boat it’s also capable of coastal travel and would get across the channel to France without to much difficulty, it has an enormous engine and tanks for fuel and water, will get it kitted out with solar panels over the next couple of months and I,ll be self sufficient and ready to go off grid in comfort ???????????????????????????????? 

That’s handsome mate, bloody good luck to you ?

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Greyman said:

Brilliant mate, great thread this one...lovely seeing a life long dream come to reality...there are lots that talk and only a few that do..

Really well done, looking forward to reading about your new life..

• Like 4

These little vacuum bags are a bit of a godsend, am moving the first load on to the boat today although I have been told I,m not allowed to go to the marina so could get interesting, government advise is I am allowed to move house, marina saying I,m not allowed in as it’s not a residential marina, I,m saying don’t take my money then try taking the piss I,m coming in like it or not, I don’t require a kiss and a cuddle when I get there and as soon as I,m on my boat and sorted I will be heading out of the marina anyway it’s just a base to move onto and sort a few little jobs out while I familiarise myself with everything ??

596ED94A-B3DC-40B4-9054-4F0A463699A7.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Well gents the time has come everything is in place ready, had Christmas and new year in the house with all the kids and grandkids  just a few things to get disconnected from the house direct debits cancelled and WiFi connected  in  the boat and I,m finally moving onto the boat Thursday full time, may take me a week or so off line before I,m sorted but this is it chaps ?????✌️✌️✌️

FCA3E9EF-013D-4FD0-9FA9-51746428A944.png

• Like 10