We got there in the end

I got a text from one of the young members from the shoot asking if we could go out for a bit of rabbit shooting tonight, so after weighing up my options I.e. staying in with the missus or out in the field, it was a no brainer, so I grabbed the mouse gun and off we went, now this is only the second time he has been out with the rifle and at the first fields we came to the rabbits were very jumpy in the lamp and the shots were all between 75 and 110 yards, the first 5 were all missed and a few kind words of encouragement along the lines of breath you loon, seemed to do the trick with the next two been clean kills, moving on to the next spot my kind words seemed to have worked because it was 3 for 3 shots all around 70 yards, one thing that did please me was that he wanted to take them home, So keeping the one that wasn’t good shot placement for fox bait we headed home with one happy young lad ?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

" breath you loon" ?

Your so kind with words stav.

That mouse gun will need rebarreling soon, especially overloading it shooting rabbits!

Before my gentle words of encouragement I thought the barrel was going to melt, 8 shots in quick succession at one rabbit had me thinking I’d given him an automatic rifle 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

It,s good to see younguns  being encouraged by such kind ,discerning words from a true diplomat like yourself Stav ."Breath you loon" could be the new "keep calm and carry on",will you still speak to us when your a millionaire Stav your lordship :rofl:

• Haha 3

You could be on to something there coot, I could put out a shooting self help book, with such gems of encouragement as, breath you loon, keep calm and shoot the tw*t and do you want a bottle of wine with that because you are making a right bloody meal of it, you will be first on the acknowledgement page but as a northerner it would be against my religion to share any wealth ?

• Haha 4

I can "lend" you a couple of lines for your book if it helps."You waiting for a written invite ,shoot the fecking thing." Or the old classic "Hoping it,l die of old age take the bloody shot"

If your out as a lamping team there,s always "stop looking for doggers and find me that fox",unless you are looking for doggers :whistling:

The money i wouldn,t expect to see as my family are from Scotland i,m used to tight northerner,s ,my most famous family christmas present was an empty box and when i tearfully asked dad what it was supposed to be he said" son that,s very rare it,s an Action man deserter "

• Haha 3
2 hours ago, Rimfireboy! said:

Good on you Stavross?, in years to come these lads will fondly remember you for what you taught them when they were young. And of course your kind words........?

Thanks mate, it would be nice to be remembered for a few good things instead of just being a miserable bugger, it makes me happy when I can find a young-un that wants to be out and not sat in front of a screen, I’ve tried and failed with my nephews  

to be fair I’m never happy unless I’m out in a field and there’s not many people get to see that side of me so they have good reason to think I’m always miserable ?

• Haha 1