Liverpool

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Easy starting a topic about your club when they’re sitting top. Takes a real man to keep a thread going to over eighty pages for the 52nd best club in the country. Ahhh, now that’s Bisto ?

Klopp out ..     Been saying it for weeks now  Henderson and Milne .let's gone   Salah over the hill   Firmino teeth too white    Mane what the fuks going

I think plenty of chaps of my/our generation will be quite pleased that the big team when we was all young are back on top......i always said id love to of been a Liverpool fan but you cant just choos

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I get that , but from the other side of the coin you’d be thinking “ oh for f**k sake , I forgot we had Chelsea on weds night , I hope keep drogba quiet and nick a draw” 

Maybe, but you shouldnt be thinking that, that’s why you get beat all the time.

Thats a fact mate.

3 minutes ago, WILF said:

I’d have stuck a hatrick away before you had got your Joey Deacon endorsed Lottos muddy !

Moron they were Roberto Donadonis ??

next month in 442 ,

gullibles travels how wilf went from the Ryman’s to being the worst premier league player since Titus bramble 

• Haha 2
4 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Moron they were Roberto Donadonis ??

next month in 442 ,

gullibles travels how wilf went from the Ryman’s to being the worst premier league player since Titus bramble 

Featuring The Stiffmeister, the fastest sprinter  since Douglas Barder ! 

• Haha 1
50 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Small wheels , big engine 

I genuinely wonder how you survived 2 tours of Afghan with your running ability.......any given blind rag head could have hit you with a stick from 100m ! 

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, WILF said:

I genuinely wonder how you survived 2 tours of Afghan with your running ability.......any given blind rag head could have hit you with a stick from 100m ! 

Clown , when I went to Afghanistan , they thought Thor had arrived from Aesgard 

it wasn’t in the talibans best interests to meet the “ghost who walks” after all those diggers weren’t going to reshape google earth themselves 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Without wanting to divert too much away from the topic I’ll get back into it on a roundabout way . 

I’ll read anything football related , I’ve read some very varied biographies of players from robin friday to Brian McLair to beckham and most of the golden generations. 

I while back I read John terrys offering . I dislike him , there wasn’t much on the gossip side of stuff more “ me and lamps “ and “me and England “ etc. Starting from his days at senrab. 

Ive got a funny memory , if there’s something that interests me I can memorise it verbatim after a minute or so. In that book there is a part about when mourinho took over at Chelsea and established them as champions . And how during that era the playing staff , in particular the local core of terry , lampard  and the two coles would look forward to the Tottenham games as they knew every time they’d play they’d beat them.

There was a picture in that book of terry scoring against spurs with the caption “ scoring against Tottenham on way to beating them , again” 

how condescending is that ? Knowing that a localish rivals efforts will always be beneath you or even as a supporter to say, ah “ it’s only spurs, we’ve got United next week , that’s the game I want to see. “ 

unrelated ? Yes, but bear with me.

you mentioned earlier that your true rivals are millwall, a club that as a neutral , have no right to be regarded with the prestige of West Ham. 

How good would it be as a iron to be waking up on a Saturday thinking “ Chelsea at home today , we’re gonna give these lot a doing today” or having a day out at spurs with your pals knowing that it wasn’t just gonna be good crack but they’d be sat at home thinking

“ ficking Hell Avi , we’ve got the hammers today , I hope they don’t give us a shoeing”  

is it not better to wish for more than a good day out or a cheeky point ? 

I worked with two lads , Man City fans , in 2008 , one sadly was seriously hurt and he passed over after  complications in his recovery, the day city won the league title , my other pal sat in the stadium after the game and took a picture which he sent onto our little social media group. 

It simply said “ for lee, who never saw this” 

would city fans rather be there struggling as a minority against a much bigger rival ? Or do you feel that they’ve done their share of wanting and are now reaping their rewards ?  

Of course id like to be smacking about the bigger clubs who wouldnt........but i dont want to do that with a club i dont recognise i want to do that with the club i know and grew to love as a kid,i want to do it with the long suffering fans who have been on the same journey ive been on........otherwise whats the point in it all ?....what do you really gain from any competitive success if you havent taken part in the process that got you there we can all take joy and happiness from " oil sheikh victory "....but what pride can you really take from it ?.........i said from the very start i felt sorry for the genuine lifelong Man City fans of my generation as they can now never know what pride in victory truly feels like whether they got it or not.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, WILF said:

I’m going to pick you up on that mate.

When was in the championship did you want to win the league ?

Make the play offs? 
Get Promoted ?

Does  that make you an entitled fan in the championship but a humble fan in the premier ? 

Should teams in the 3rd, 2nd, 1st not want to win the league and get promoted ? Because that’s what you are saying isn’t it? 

EVERY team should be trying to win the league......without exception.

I played very low level football but if by some chance they had said to my silly little team “you can have a season in the premier” I’d have come out every single game wanting to win the league, believing I could and I’d have accepted nothing less from the players around me.

That is how you approach football.....no ifs, no buts, it’s an absolute given.

Obviously i want to do the treble next year but knowing my club like i do i accept we probably wont,i doubt very much we,ll do it the year after either but i,ll still cheer my mob on with all the same enthusiasm and hope that we will so dont be pulling me up as a no hoper type......BUT......i dont expect anything different to any other season because i didnt fall for the bullshit......you did !!....so your expectations have risen....and if they havent risen then why havent they !!!!

The bargaining tool for giving up our place of worship was sporting success i mean at this point aint you just a teeny weeny bit choked that you fell for it !

2 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Without wanting to divert too much away from the topic I’ll get back into it on a roundabout way . 

I’ll read anything football related , I’ve read some very varied biographies of players from robin friday to Brian McLair to beckham and most of the golden generations. 

I while back I read John terrys offering . I dislike him , there wasn’t much on the gossip side of stuff more “ me and lamps “ and “me and England “ etc. Starting from his days at senrab. 

Ive got a funny memory , if there’s something that interests me I can memorise it verbatim after a minute or so. In that book there is a part about when mourinho took over at Chelsea and established them as champions . And how during that era the playing staff , in particular the local core of terry , lampard  and the two coles would look forward to the Tottenham games as they knew every time they’d play they’d beat them.

There was a picture in that book of terry scoring against spurs with the caption “ scoring against Tottenham on way to beating them , again” 

how condescending is that ? Knowing that a localish rivals efforts will always be beneath you or even as a supporter to say, ah “ it’s only spurs, we’ve got United next week , that’s the game I want to see. “ 

unrelated ? Yes, but bear with me.

you mentioned earlier that your true rivals are millwall, a club that as a neutral , have no right to be regarded with the prestige of West Ham. 

How good would it be as a iron to be waking up on a Saturday thinking “ Chelsea at home today , we’re gonna give these lot a doing today” or having a day out at spurs with your pals knowing that it wasn’t just gonna be good crack but they’d be sat at home thinking

“ ficking Hell Avi , we’ve got the hammers today , I hope they don’t give us a shoeing”  

is it not better to wish for more than a good day out or a cheeky point ? 

I worked with two lads , Man City fans , in 2008 , one sadly was seriously hurt and he passed over after  complications in his recovery, the day city won the league title , my other pal sat in the stadium after the game and took a picture which he sent onto our little social media group. 

It simply said “ for lee, who never saw this” 

would city fans rather be there struggling as a minority against a much bigger rival ? Or do you feel that they’ve done their share of wanting and are now reaping their rewards ?  

Sorry to intererupt, nothing to do with this thread, but I thought the Robin Friday bio was great. It’s just you’re the first person I’ve seen/heard mention it......?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, gnasher16 said:

!

The bargaining tool for giving up our place of worship was sporting success i mean at this point aint you just a teeny weeny bit choked that you fell for it !

Too right I am, but the sales pitch was logic from a sporting point of view....to me it was at least.

Like I said mate, football means different things to different people.

Id watch a boxing bout in a totally different way to you, something I think is shite you may turn and tell me is actually really good and vice versa.

2 hours ago, WILF said:

Maybe, but you shouldnt be thinking that, that’s why you get beat all the time.

Thats a fact mate.

The whole Prevail & Conquer attitude is a lovely romantic notion but its a mindset very very few athletes actually have......and the reason they dont have it is because common sense is boss once adrenaline has run out ? 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, gnasher16 said:

and the reason they dont have it is because common sense is boss once adrenaline has run out ? 

And faint hearts never won a fair lady mate ;) .........not on a football pitch anyway.

22 minutes ago, WILF said:

Too right I am, but the sales pitch was logic from a sporting point of view....to me it was at least.

Like I said mate, football means different things to different people.

Id watch a boxing bout in a totally different way to you, something I think is shite you may turn and tell me is actually really good and vice versa.

Maybe i dont know....maybe im talking too much with the heart and not enough with the head ive been known to do that regards the Hammers ?

• Like 1