Liverpool

3 minutes ago, sid g said:

i think they lost momentum after the winter break wilf  ... :whistling:

Do you know what, you could be right mate......they have been slow out of the blocks that’s for sure 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Easy starting a topic about your club when they’re sitting top. Takes a real man to keep a thread going to over eighty pages for the 52nd best club in the country. Ahhh, now that’s Bisto ?

Klopp out ..     Been saying it for weeks now  Henderson and Milne .let's gone   Salah over the hill   Firmino teeth too white    Mane what the fuks going

I think plenty of chaps of my/our generation will be quite pleased that the big team when we was all young are back on top......i always said id love to of been a Liverpool fan but you cant just choos

Posted Images

On 15/02/2020 at 17:29, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I think uefa have been very daft in how they have dealt with this....

Ffp is in my opinion not to protect the gradual growth of a club or to stop a fiasco like Leeds happening , it’s  nothing short of a cartel to protect the ever increasing hierarchy of top European clubs from those chasing. 

Its f***ing bollocks. No one bought success like United and Real Madrid did. In fact I’m pretty sure that it’s illegal to not lend Real Madrid money!!! 

AC Milan are in clip, poor revenue but i read if they spend 400 million rebuilding which they could well afford to do in event of a takeover then they are also in breach . Are Uefa going to ban them? I f***ing doubt it. 

If I was also a Liverpool arsenal fan etc then I’d also be worried . If city have nothing to go at for two years , where does that lead them other than to destroy the premier league ? 

“Salah ? Yeah well give you 150million for him “. 

“Barca , well give you Kev d b but we want messi for the t shirts sales in Africa and Asia . Boost the revenue and see how f***ing clever uefa , the scousers and the big European clubs are” 

“Ronaldo, fancy a million a week?” 

Money talks and if city are forced into a corner, they will have to piss with the cock they have..

interesting times ahead and I can see this being swapped for a big big fine. 

Man utd never bought the league at all, they brought in good players to go with the home grown ones and always have and it's always been with money the club has made, buying the league is Blackburn, Man city and Chelsea.

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, JDHUNTING said:

Man utd never bought the league at all, they brought in good players to go with the home grown ones and always have and it's always been with money the club has made, buying the league is Blackburn, Man city and Chelsea.

Quote of the day that. 

So what ? Buying British record signings doesn’t count as it’s Uniteds money ? 

Andy Cole ? 

Veron? 

Ruud ? 

Rio ? 

Rooney ? 

Pogba? ???

dont try and cone success on a shoestring with united mate as it didn’t f***ing happen . 

No one spent more on players than  united in there prime 

• Thanks 1
32 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Quote of the day that. 

Andy Cole ? 

Veron? 

Ruud ? 

Rio ? 

Rooney ? 

Pogba? ???

dont try and cone success on a shoestring with united mate as it didn’t f***ing happen . 

Rio Ferdinand was I believe the most expensive defender at the time of his transfer......£30 MILLION at the time 

Edited by WILF
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, sid g said:

So, If I read that right they are second only to city in the last ten years and city were non existent as a force in Utd’s glory years really.

Its only relatively recently that city re-wrote the price lists in England 

Edited by WILF
22 minutes ago, smithie said:

Liverpool's transfer deals over the last three seasons are a net outlay of around £90 million.

City in the same period:  £347 million outlay

Man Utd: £375 million outlay

1 hour ago, sid g said:

whern`t the core of the team from within the youth system  ? 

If by core you mean Neville scholes beckham yes 

you can’t really count butt and Phillip Neville aa they had less of an impact and giggs was there already 

ronaldo was a few quid as well for a teenage prospect if I remember right. Worlds most expensive teen.

Keane was a very expensive signing as well for the time . 3. 75 million. Only a couple of years after dean saunders was 2.7 and shearer was 3.6 million British record one maybe two years earlier . 

All from the top of my head so I maybe out. 

But thebtruth is united have always spent big 

1 hour ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Quote of the day that. 

Andy Cole ? 

Veron? 

Ruud ? 

Rio ? 

Rooney ? 

Pogba? ???

Everyone of them players came to a winning team so hardly buying success when you already have it, and all the players on the list bar pogba, (who was a united academy player anyhow) were bought with money the club generated through ticket sales etc in the context of modern football it is not buying success.Does your club buy worse players than it could then? Or only use academy. Liverpool have spent a fortune on this team, broke the world record for the epl,s best defender, I wouldn't accuse them of buying success anymore than any other club other than their actually having some.buying success is chelsea, city with their sugar daddies and your real Madrid's with their crooked local governments, but fair play to the fans anyhow hope they enjoy it.

• Like 1

Partly agree and partly don’t . 

Good discussion. 

So by that then , you can only buy it once ? 

You cant “heavily invest” and continue success through acquisition of expensive and better players than your rivals ? 

Surely that’s what united have done ? ?‍♂️

Was abramovich meant to say “I’ve got a few quid here to spend schnellmaker , but I’ll sit on it first and let Liverpool and maybe united win the league first, it’s only fair” ? 

You can only piss with the cock you’ve got , so if Liverpool we’re happy buying the likes of Robbie Keane and Ricky lambert that’s not chelsea or city’s fault is it ? 

United were the biggest club in the world, so of course they had more financial clout and I actually think Solskear is setting them up for the future pretty well.

But to say Manchester Utd did it through development is absolute nonsense.....they had a crop of player, 3 or 4......everything else they bought just like all these big clubs have done the last 30 odd years.

• Like 2