Liverpool

12 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

To be fair I think vvd has proven to be money well spent especailly has he's proving to be one of the best in the prem if not the best  in the world how many points has he won or saved them 

That is my point. He was already proven in the PL whereas they could have spent less on a defender from the Spanish or Italian league who couldn't make the transition.

• Like 1

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Easy starting a topic about your club when they’re sitting top. Takes a real man to keep a thread going to over eighty pages for the 52nd best club in the country. Ahhh, now that’s Bisto ?

Klopp out ..     Been saying it for weeks now  Henderson and Milne .let's gone   Salah over the hill   Firmino teeth too white    Mane what the fuks going

I think plenty of chaps of my/our generation will be quite pleased that the big team when we was all young are back on top......i always said id love to of been a Liverpool fan but you cant just choos

Posted Images

2 hours ago, WILF said:

If Pogba is 90 million then Maddison is definitely 70 at least mate 

Weve had this chat... pogba can play football...but his attitude stinks...its a shame cause when he wants to he is a real talent...

26 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Weve had this chat... pogba can play football...but his attitude stinks...its a shame cause when he wants to he is a real talent...

No I know mate, I’m just really saying that when you value a player you have to look at what players around him have been valued at and what they are producing for that money 

22 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Isn’t he really though? 

I always think he’ll come good and start doing things and maybe because of his build , I want him to come and take midfields apart. 

He doesn’t seem to range a lot , or drive up from deep, he can’t hold he can’t sit and mark .  

Whenever I watch him he always seems to be 10 yards away from where he should be . 

An enigma but he should be punted imho as he’s totally ineffective against mobile players . 

Again he was very impressive in Italy , you just don’t get that time in the prem as most Italian teams don’t play concertina-ring movements , it’s like watching chess with the working space between the front mid and centre half’s

• Like 1
8 hours ago, jukel123 said:

I never rated Henderson, especially for England but he's improved a lot over the last two years or so.

I think that kind of sums Henderson up for me as he’s a solid 7 whenever he plays 

consistent , nothing spectacular, hard work 

I think in that team he’s arguably the most easily replaced (I don’t think mane gets the credit he deserves though ) 

just shows that with hard work and knuckling down you can go places . 

Whod have thought that a few years ago about Henderson ? 

• Like 1
On 29/11/2019 at 10:54, Stoney100 said:

Thing is mate, Fowler was still doing the business.......him and houllier fell out and Fowler left over all that more than football reasons.......it seemed like the club was selling out to houllier and his new European ways and got them nowhere.......imagine a young hungry Fowler playing under klopp at anfield now......he would take him under his wing and make him feel on top of the world not ship him off to Leeds at 26 and in his prime!

This was buried deep in the thread but I wanted to put a point in. 

Fowler was sold and weighed in . He’s been injured and was not the toxteth terror of his youth. 

If he was in his prime , what did he achieve at Leeds / city ?

i can’t be arsed looking at google , but wasn’t Michael Owen a huge part of Fowler leaving ? As he was establishing himself as lethal   

Liverpool seem to be the only club supporters in the uk who were bothered about the locality of there players . 

Carragher got a free pass , gerrard was always beyond criticism (despite the transfer request)  Fowler is still feted  

Maybe the need for scousers held the club back ? 

4 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Maybe the need for scousers held the club back ? 

My little club is a prime example of the battle between how fans think football should be and how football actually is......we are one of the worst for it.

Trouble is we get hung up on bollocks stuff really if you look at it and ignore the bit that really matters.

• Like 1

Imho the true thing that held Liverpool back was their reluctance to invest in a big big name striker. 

The tragedy of gerrard at Liverpool is that when they actually bought quality up top  TWICE and gave him an outlet . Torres and Suarez , they were so close In getting over the line it was untrue . 

1 player short always , and wasting  coin on non entities like Ricky lambert . 

I think Klopps attitude stopped all that nonsense ASAP 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Imho the true thing that held Liverpool back was their reluctance to invest in a big big name striker. 

The tragedy of gerrard at Liverpool is that when they actually bought quality up top  TWICE and gave him an outlet . Torres and Suarez , they were so close In getting over the line it was untrue . 

1 player short always , and wasting  coin on non entities like Ricky lambert . 

I think Klopps attitude stopped all that nonsense ASAP 

I’ll tell you something for nothing, the main thing Klopp coaches is the minds of his players make no mistake.

When they win that league this year they will have won it purely and simply with their mindset.

10 hours ago, WILF said:

My little club is a prime example of the battle between how fans think football should be and how football actually is......we are one of the worst for it.

Trouble is we get hung up on bollocks stuff really if you look at it and ignore the bit that really matters.

Remember me saying we are too good to go down....yeah well scrap that we was so bad last night we was f****n hilarious....2 shots on target including a penalty and 30% possession....i dont go a bundle on match stats just trying to find something to brag about ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
15 hours ago, jukel123 said:

Aye Henderson's stats suggest De Gea's position is not automatic.

I think De Gea has probably saved a lot of blushes post Ferguson but at what point does his prolonged period of inconsistency become more than just a " temporary dip in form " like these pundits would have everyone believe !