Liverpool

5 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

I agree VAR has to go....we,ve tried it,nobody likes it,nobody wants it.....get rid.

But this last night with West Ham was nothing to do with VAR this is some new rule thats plotted up out of nowhere !

i think one of the westham players said the same about  var last night on tv  and sheff utd manager said it was harsh on you  but vars done  the same to them surely its going to go it hasnt worked and now refs on the pitch seem more like assistants than refs 

Edited by blackmaggie

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Easy starting a topic about your club when they’re sitting top. Takes a real man to keep a thread going to over eighty pages for the 52nd best club in the country. Ahhh, now that’s Bisto ?

Klopp out ..     Been saying it for weeks now  Henderson and Milne .let's gone   Salah over the hill   Firmino teeth too white    Mane what the fuks going

I think plenty of chaps of my/our generation will be quite pleased that the big team when we was all young are back on top......i always said id love to of been a Liverpool fan but you cant just choos

Posted Images

8 hours ago, blackmaggie said:

it just came up on sky dy it shows just  how good they are but i do like how they play we got lucky yesterday at yours a lucky point that for us 

True, think everyone likes watching the football they play, even the Mancs secretly ?

We were poor again yesterday, only deserved a point.

Cheers, D.

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, dytkos said:

True, think everyone likes watching the football they play, even the Mancs secretly ?

We were poor again yesterday, only deserved a point.

Cheers, D.

Times like this I wish craigyboy was still about god bless him

• Like 6
58 minutes ago, tandors said:

There's a dutch documentary on youtube called how to be a man about woking fc in the conference that is worth a watch if interested in non league stuff.

Have you watched any of Frans Hoek on YouTube mate?

15 minutes ago, WILF said:

Have you watched any of Frans Hoek on YouTube mate?

I've seen 1 hour long coaching masterclass video on youtube mate, you've prompted me to watch some more when I get chance. Is that the sort of coaching you do?

25 minutes ago, tandors said:

I've seen 1 hour long coaching masterclass video on youtube mate, you've prompted me to watch some more when I get chance. Is that the sort of coaching you do?

His style would be a bit too hard for me except for more mature players.....however I think his principals of excellence are relevant across the age groups and could easily be adapted by moderating your voice tone and allowing a bit more time for players to get it right.

My mantra to all age groups is this:

Good players want to be good players all the time.

That means games, training, having a mess about with your mates......all the time.

I watched that Woking thing just now, I really like stuff like that so thanks for the heads up

I’ll just add that watching a lot of these top level coaches in videos it’s important to remember that they are working with elite players at whatever age group it may be......the likes of me are not and it’s very, very important to keep that in mind.

By all means encourage excellence (notice I used the word encourage ) but keep in mind the realities of your players abilities, characters and situation and of course their age......the most important thing is that they are happy when they are at football.

How are you enjoying your season and coaching Tandors ?

Edited by WILF
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, sid g said:

i used to pick bits out of different coaches sessions and work them into my own  you soon develop your own style i was on a course  steve coppell was on i remember him saying whatever age from jnrs to snrs while its serious stuff  your sessions  have  to have a fun side to them .. 

Very true that mate, imho with young minds it should always be fun (the application of pressure/a push should be very gentle and un-noticed) 

With senior player (again imho) it should be demanding but with a reward.....light at the end of the tunnel shall we say.

You can’t continually beat a bloke, you have to elevate him at some point when he has shown the desire to try and worked hard.

Just now, sid g said:

i found with the youngsters they were mad for learning , when i think back all the basic stuff you have to teach them throw ins corners the works its a thankless task ...

Mate, I watch men’s Sunday league teams sometimes over here in Ireland and to a man none of them talk, can play a line in the defence or offside, they have no shape, players just take off and go missing out of position, they think every tackle is a free kick........it’s howling to watch.

I find showing a kid how to take throw in 10 times much less frustrating than watching that ! Lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, sid g said:

i put young side age from 17 - 22 in a sunday league playing for our british legion they put us in division 5 we won our first game 32-0  our lowest win all season was 12-0 it was a one off season so we tried to pull out with 2 games left let someone else take the medals and trophys they said they`d fine us £250 and ban all the players from sunday football under notts fa .. sunday football was/is a joke round us ..

That’s amazing mate ! Haha

Where I’m from Saturday & Sunday football is very strong around East London and Essex......there’s some really good teams and really good players and I’d say the standard is generally high.

Man U will dent Liverpool's perfect record on Sunday. I can feel in my bones. There's going to be some very sick scousers come Sunday night when we show them who the real masters are. That German  with the mister Ed teeth will be moaning for the fatherland you'll see.  ManU 2 scouse b*****ds 1. You heard it here first.

• Haha 3
25 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Man U will dent Liverpool's perfect record on Sunday. I can feel in my bones. There's going to be some very sick scousers come Sunday night when we show them who the real masters are. That German  with the mister Ed teeth will be moaning for the fatherland you'll see.  ManU 2 scouse b*****ds 1. You heard it here first.

Dreamer lol

Cheers, D.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, maxhardcore said:

Premier Passions and Sunderland Till I Die are arguably 2 of the best watch footballl documentarys out there with season 2 of STID out in Feb ?

Why would anyone watch that shit other than to laugh? your under 18 and under 23s have 5 wins in the last 18 months combined fact ?  or one point between them in 14 games  this season and  no scouts so  what about your under 23s this great academy you talk  about losing the last 13 games on  the bounce   ? and that's the best watch maybe you should watch love island or   concern yourself   more with  you can't even afford to fix your lift at your academy and asking for whip rounds ?  and as for saying your as big as rangers well enough said  on that max    your a lower league team face facts you lot are  even crying you may be bankrupted and go bust yet 3 weeks ago it's   Parkinson out now after 3 wins he's the new klopp ? fickle 

Edited by Blackmag
  • Thanks 1