Liverpool

i dont know about his life style stiff to be honest but i remember hearing once making he made a fool of himself in a night club  and being threatened by a local lad who was a bit naughty at the time  maybe some were like rangers would suit him if he can distant himself from certain circles and keep fit 

Edited by blackmaggie
  • Like 1

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Easy starting a topic about your club when they’re sitting top. Takes a real man to keep a thread going to over eighty pages for the 52nd best club in the country. Ahhh, now that’s Bisto ?

Klopp out ..     Been saying it for weeks now  Henderson and Milne .let's gone   Salah over the hill   Firmino teeth too white    Mane what the fuks going

I think plenty of chaps of my/our generation will be quite pleased that the big team when we was all young are back on top......i always said id love to of been a Liverpool fan but you cant just choos

Posted Images

Andy Carroll was a fool who thought his money and celebrity status was currency but was shown that a mans character is his currency and character takes you to places money cant take you !......It was too much too soon for that young man,wasted talent in many ways.

Anyway never mind all that a trip down to Kent in a minute to watch LIverpool v Everton on the big screen followed by freezing our bollocks off at the Gills....aint been to that ground in years.....come on you Irons !!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Andy Carroll was a fool who thought his money and celebrity status was currency but was shown that a mans character is his currency and character takes you to places money cant take you !......It was too much too soon for that young man,wasted talent in many ways.

Anyway never mind all that a trip down to Kent in a minute to watch LIverpool v Everton on the big screen followed by freezing our bollocks off at the Gills....aint been to that ground in years.....come on you Irons !!

Take your Rumanian phrase book in case you need to ask for directions ! Lol ? 

On 03/01/2020 at 00:00, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I was probably aware of mourinho before most on here.  

in 2003 I watched his Porto team destroy my European dream before my eyes in Seville as they  mugged my team , a very naive Celtic with only one truly world class player , Deco in a team of cheating lightweights and professional c**ts like capucho. 

They played in and around an immobile Celtic defence , ran the clock down for free kicks from around an hour in. Anti football but effective .That pre season he bought benny McCarthy and won the champions league with that same side. 

Ive watched him evolve and constantly change , from using robert huth as a centre forward against Liverpool in the c l semi final to exciting free moving directed football with his first Chelsea team to shackling together somehow a team at united that hugely overachieved . 

The man must be able to dictate and change his styles and teams in the park as if you don’t you can’t win things. 

And he does win things. I think at spurs he’s inherited a very talented team , however it’s not a team of winning mindset . You need to develop a standard of excellence and it becomes a habit. Spurs lack that imho and they will continue to be that way until a couple of trophies land there. 

Weather or not , he’ll get the time to see that through is another question , three seasons is his half life .

I think he’ll compound in the summer again , a top three four finish will be sufficient for him as it will marry into his transfer targets. 

Liverpool and city only need top top end players to improve marginally such is their level. That leaves a champions league playing Tottenham as the most attractive prospect for all the others. 

Hell clean out a lot of the deadwood and build a physically stronger side . Bigger men , bigger engines with possibly a silky attacking mid as the hub. 

He isn’t pulling up trees agreed but I think we’re seeing a slow burn at Tottenham as I can’t see alli or kane leaving now as I did 12 months ago . 

An interesting move that hard not to watch imho 

Terrific summary that Stiff. Your point as to whether the Mourhino effect will last more than three years is the biggie for me. I am not sure about his ambition these days either. He had no intention of building a legacy at Man U. He agitated for a pay off. I wonder if he's taken the Spurs job just because it's close to home?

• Like 2
Just now, maxhardcore said:

Arguably the Greatest Club Manager our Top Flight has ever seen.

His record home and abroad speaks volumes and he was ahead of his time re injuries ect .

I met him at a Carlisle United match years ago. Top, top bloke. A no bullshit gentleman.

4 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Just out of interest , does anybody have a contact at Everton as I’ll play for 100k a year for them. 

After that performance today against Liverpool under 18s , If I was an evertonian I’d be telling people I support tranmere. 

What an embarrassment 

Everton were shit....but by f**k even the u18s are drilled to the level of the first team...theres some confidence around that club at the minute... Klopp would appear to be doing the job from top to bottom.... 

• Like 4

Definitely newkid . I can’t for the life of me see how Everton got it so wrong again after the last game . 

No surprises , no playing high against a defence that likes to step out . No killing space. 

Poor 

that “let’s just see how it goes “ mentality gets you nowhere against Liverpool 

a bad day out for the bluenoses 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Everton were shit....but by f**k even the u18s are drilled to the level of the first team...theres some confidence around that club at the minute... Klopp would appear to be doing the job from top to bottom.... 

When a player comes off substituted typically the player gets a hug from the manager, but the manager isn't looking at the player, he's looking past him at what is going on the pitch. Not Klopp today. He made it special for each and every one of them. He cares and that is lovely to watch.

We've spent Christmas and New Year doen in France on a camping site. Two of the families we got talking to in the bar were from Dortmund. They said that hey actually cried when he announced that he was leaving their club. He is a very special manager and a very special person.

• Like 1
On 03/01/2020 at 00:00, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I was probably aware of mourinho before most on here.  

in 2003 I watched his Porto team destroy my European dream before my eyes in Seville as they  mugged my team , a very naive Celtic with only one truly world class player , Deco in a team of cheating lightweights and professional c**ts like capucho. 

They played in and around an immobile Celtic defence , ran the clock down for free kicks from around an hour in. Anti football but effective .That pre season he bought benny McCarthy and won the champions league with that same side. 

Ive watched him evolve and constantly change , from using robert huth as a centre forward against Liverpool in the c l semi final to exciting free moving directed football with his first Chelsea team to shackling together somehow a team at united that hugely overachieved . 

The man must be able to dictate and change his styles and teams in the park as if you don’t you can’t win things. 

And he does win things. I think at spurs he’s inherited a very talented team , however it’s not a team of winning mindset . You need to develop a standard of excellence and it becomes a habit. Spurs lack that imho and they will continue to be that way until a couple of trophies land there. 

Weather or not , he’ll get the time to see that through is another question , three seasons is his half life .

I think he’ll compound in the summer again , a top three four finish will be sufficient for him as it will marry into his transfer targets. 

Liverpool and city only need top top end players to improve marginally such is their level. That leaves a champions league playing Tottenham as the most attractive prospect for all the others. 

Hell clean out a lot of the deadwood and build a physically stronger side . Bigger men , bigger engines with possibly a silky attacking mid as the hub. 

He isn’t pulling up trees agreed but I think we’re seeing a slow burn at Tottenham as I can’t see alli or kane leaving now as I did 12 months ago . 

An interesting move that hard not to watch imho 

You probably missed out on seeing the great Celtic player Jimmy Johnstone Stiff. He was honestly the most skilful player I have ever seen. No question. Had he been playing now he could command his own salary. He was worth the entrance fee just to see him dribble. Phenomenal player. He was marginally better than Georgie Best imho and more consistent.

Edited by jukel123
  • Like 1
On 05/01/2020 at 19:32, jukel123 said:

You probably missed out on seeing the great Celtic player Jimmy Johnstone Stiff. He was honestly the most skilful player I have ever seen. No question. Had he been playing now he could command his own salary. He was worth the entrance fee just to see him dribble. Phenomenal player. He was marginally better than Georgie Best imho and more consistent.

Good post that pal ??

I am far too young to remember him pal playing but as a Celtic fan your aware of his legacy 

top 5 Celts for me personally are probably 

lubo 

naka 

Jvoh 

Henke (incomparable) 

but number one for me has to be mcstay . 

Peerless at his time and a Celtic man. 

honourable mentions must go to the three amigos , McDonald ,collins , tierny , Griffith’s and lambo   

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Good post that pal ??

I am far too young to remember him pal playing but as a Celtic fan your aware of his legacy 

top 5 Celts for me personally are probably 

lubo 

naka 

Jvoh 

Henke (incomparable) 

but number one for me has to be mcstay . 

Peerless at his time and a Celtic man. 

honourable mentions must go to the three amigos , McDonald ,collins , tierny , Griffith’s and lambo   

Number one for me will always be wee Jimmy. A mad mischievous wizard when he was on the ball. I remember a old firm game in the 60 s where he beat a man, and, just for badness offered him the ball and beat him again. The bottles rained down onto the pitch but he laughed it off, crossed  toward the goal and Celtic scored. That moment is etched in my memory. Top class player and a lovely man.

• Like 1