Liverpool

54 minutes ago, WILF said:

Well mate, I have always been happy at mid table......but we could have done that at home where we was.

The sacrifice was massive, especially for lads like Gnasher and I want to at least see the seeds of what we was promised.

This ain’t it.

If players like Giroud who can’t buy a game with Chelsea are the answer, then what the f**k is the question ! Lol 

City and Liverpool batter teams for a reason mate, they use possession to shift teams about and create massive gaps for aggressive attacks to run into.

How often do you see City play down the right, the other team get sucked over and the like of Sterling is in massive space on the left with DeBruyne throwing over that ball to switch the play ?

Then if you shift across to mark Sterling it’s falling on the opposite side to Mendy with DeBruyne coming inside to pick up loose stuff or drive on into the box?

Liverpool do the same with Salah and Mane with Arnold and Robertson following up.

They move teams about at will, you can’t sit against that.....you have to go after them.

”Target man” football don’t beat that, it dont even hold them up.

Feel free to correct me mate as again....im no tactician.....but having watched footie for years and years i get the basics ?

Without wishing to sound crass... as a team we can only piss with the cock we have.....we have absolutely no speed through our side we dont move the ball quick enough to shift teams around like City do....thats not a coaching issue its a personnel issue.....surely Moyes will have looked at what we have and realise that we cant replace an entire midfield so instead play with a target man who can at least be of use to whats lacking elsewhere......it makes sense to me with the precarious position we now find ourselves in.

• Like 1

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Easy starting a topic about your club when they’re sitting top. Takes a real man to keep a thread going to over eighty pages for the 52nd best club in the country. Ahhh, now that’s Bisto ?

Klopp out ..     Been saying it for weeks now  Henderson and Milne .let's gone   Salah over the hill   Firmino teeth too white    Mane what the fuks going

I think plenty of chaps of my/our generation will be quite pleased that the big team when we was all young are back on top......i always said id love to of been a Liverpool fan but you cant just choos

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Feel free to correct me mate as again....im no tactician.....but having watched footie for years and years i get the basics ?

Without wishing to sound crass... as a team we can only piss with the cock we have.....we have absolutely no speed through our side we dont move the ball quick enough to shift teams around like City do....thats not a coaching issue its a personnel issue.....surely Moyes will have looked at what we have and realise that we cant replace an entire midfield so instead play with a target man who can at least be of use to whats lacking elsewhere......it makes sense to me with the precarious position we now find ourselves in.

Can’t argue with any of that mate, you are of course right.

Im talking purely in the realms of fantasy here but personally I can’t see any intention to do anything different to what we have always done and as far as I’m concerned the only thing that could possibly force us in another direction is dropping back.

Sort of go backwards to move forwards if you get my drift.

I think our club has a lot that a young ambitious coach would look at and think “right, I can use all of this”

Our history, our youth system, our fan base, the new ground, the fact we are a London club......there is bundles there to work with and really build something with a good feeling about it.

As I said, it’s just what I see and I know thats not going to be reality.

2 hours ago, WILF said:

Everyone looks at football different mate, personally I have always hated that “target man” type of football......you play that against city or Liverpool and they will murder you.

It gives the ball away too easy and these teams will keep possession and shift you all over the pitch.

Oh I'm with you mate, the game is played so fast now attacks are from front to back in seconds... hitting a big front man and running off him is too slow and predictable...

Look at how Leicester play Vardy, hes a lone striker but the space he creates for the mobile midfield is brilliant....

I cant see Giroud solving many of your problems personally but he is a Moyes type I suppose...

• Like 1
1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

I meant a regular target man rather than one who played a handful of games per season ?

Hence made of China....never known such a big strong looking man break so much...

• Like 1
Just now, NEWKID said:

Hence made of China....never known such a big strong looking man break so much...

The only China that’s was the problem with Carroll is China White ! 

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

I cant see Giroud solving many of your problems personally but he is a Moyes type I suppose...

Does that speak volumes about Moyes that a player who can’t get in the Chelsea side is thought of as “his type of player” ? 

I think it’s more important for coaches to continually improve than it is for players.

The likes of Guardiola and Klopp have shifted the game so far forward that without continued self reflection and educating yourself you will just be left behind.......any coach who says “I’m just going to stick to my old formula” has no place in the premier league now days......they ain’t worth it.

I have said before, we are witnessing the best football right across the league we have ever watched and if you don’t get with it then your dead.

Edited by WILF

do you think jose fits in that categeory wilf of sticking with old beliefs i read somewere might of been merson saying spurs havent improved but are going backwards i see batushyi is going from chelsea i would of thought he might of been a better shout for you quicker and more mobile than giroud and decent in the air with age on his side  like i said earlier theres some very good young coaches in the championship that would of jumped at the chance of going there  some with more mangement experience that frank lampard and hes doing a good job at chelsea maybe take a gamble and take one on but moyse does seem like a safe choice 

Edited by blackmaggie
1 hour ago, WILF said:

Can’t argue with any of that mate, you are of course right.

Im talking purely in the realms of fantasy here but personally I can’t see any intention to do anything different to what we have always done and as far as I’m concerned the only thing that could possibly force us in another direction is dropping back.

Sort of go backwards to move forwards if you get my drift.

I think our club has a lot that a young ambitious coach would look at and think “right, I can use all of this”

Our history, our youth system, our fan base, the new ground, the fact we are a London club......there is bundles there to work with and really build something with a good feeling about it.

As I said, it’s just what I see and I know thats not going to be reality.

While i agree with all your points i was talking about a short term " get us out of trouble " scenario as opposed to looking to the future.

Ive said for a month or so now i dont think we,ll go down.....but only because theres 3 or 4 worse teams than us.

The dopey Davids will be gone in 2023 and thats the only future im looking to....whether we will still be a Premier League club by then though is anyones guess.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, NEWKID said:

Andy Carroll was the next big target man...shame hes made of China...

was  the same here always injured  very highly rated when he came here as a kid on loan but i didnt see anything what they were all raving about but what do i know i think injuries have always been a issue with him from a young age 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, blackmaggie said:

do you think jose fits in that categeory wilf of sticking with old beliefs i read somewere might of been merson saying spurs havent improved but are going backwards i see batushyi is going from chelsea i would of thought he might of been a better shout for you quicker and more mobile than giroud and decent in the air with age on his side  like i said earlier theres some very good young coaches in the championship that would of jumped at the chance of going there  some with more mangement experience that frank lampard and hes doing a good job at chelsea maybe take a gamble and take one on but moyse does seem like a safe choice 

Time will tell mate, I’d like to think Jose is cleverer than that and maybe more humble than we give him credit for.....wether that’s true or not I don’t know.

He seems to have approached the yids job a bit differently, he isn’t “all guns blazing” at the minute.

However, he is a football lad and wants things right and looses his temper when they ain’t right......I totally understand and respect that but it don’t sit well with clubs and players the last few seasons.

I honestly think he is clever enough to see his own failings and want to move with the times.......most importantly I think he still has a desire to win things, the biggest things and that counts for a lot imho 

Whatever, I don’t agree with Merson ( although he obviously understands what he is looking at better than me) because they look better than they did towards the end of Pottechinos tenure.

• Like 1

i think kane will be a big lose for them i liked jose when he first went to chelsea but when he came back even at utd he seemed to be always whingeing about something but his record speaks for it self  be interesting to see  how arteta does from what i read he has them playing at a lot higher tempo and after 3 games the fans seem to be buying in to it and has brought a few back  who didnt get a shout under last manager 

Edited by blackmaggie
5 hours ago, blackmaggie said:

thats what i mean wilf you got moyses he did ok for everton but it would seem when you look round at say everton they didnt go back for him they employed a top manager  leciester got rogers another  winner moyses is a safety net but hasnt won anything like you say you wanted to see atleast progression but i can see mid table  have you seen what john hartson said about it he was brutally honest on how alot of fans are thinking about it 

Stability the owners want I reckon, steady away, no big shakes.

Cheers, D.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, WILF said:

Well mate, I have always been happy at mid table......but we could have done that at home where we was.

The sacrifice was massive, especially for lads like Gnasher and I want to at least see the seeds of what we was promised.

This ain’t it.

If players like Giroud who can’t buy a game with Chelsea are the answer, then what the f**k is the question ! Lol 

City and Liverpool batter teams for a reason mate, they use possession to shift teams about and create massive gaps for aggressive attacks to run into.

How often do you see City play down the right, the other team get sucked over and the like of Sterling is in massive space on the left with DeBruyne throwing over that ball to switch the play ?

Then if you shift across to mark Sterling it’s falling on the opposite side to Mendy with DeBruyne coming inside to pick up loose stuff or drive on into the box?

Liverpool do the same with Salah and Mane with Arnold and Robertson following up.

They move teams about at will, you can’t sit against that.....you have to go after them.

”Target man” football don’t beat that, it dont even hold them up.

Have you spotted that liverpool drill yet ? 

Its f***ing so obvious but done at such a pace it’s indefensible, speed literally kills 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, WILF said:

Time will tell mate, I’d like to think Jose is cleverer than that and maybe more humble than we give him credit for.....wether that’s true or not I don’t know.

He seems to have approached the yids job a bit differently, he isn’t “all guns blazing” at the minute.

However, he is a football lad and wants things right and looses his temper when they ain’t right......I totally understand and respect that but it don’t sit well with clubs and players the last few seasons.

I honestly think he is clever enough to see his own failings and want to move with the times.......most importantly I think he still has a desire to win things, the biggest things and that counts for a lot imho 

Whatever, I don’t agree with Merson ( although he obviously understands what he is looking at better than me) because they look better than they did towards the end of Pottechinos tenure.

I was probably aware of mourinho before most on here.  

in 2003 I watched his Porto team destroy my European dream before my eyes in Seville as they  mugged my team , a very naive Celtic with only one truly world class player , Deco in a team of cheating lightweights and professional c**ts like capucho. 

They played in and around an immobile Celtic defence , ran the clock down for free kicks from around an hour in. Anti football but effective .That pre season he bought benny McCarthy and won the champions league with that same side. 

Ive watched him evolve and constantly change , from using robert huth as a centre forward against Liverpool in the c l semi final to exciting free moving directed football with his first Chelsea team to shackling together somehow a team at united that hugely overachieved . 

The man must be able to dictate and change his styles and teams in the park as if you don’t you can’t win things. 

And he does win things. I think at spurs he’s inherited a very talented team , however it’s not a team of winning mindset . You need to develop a standard of excellence and it becomes a habit. Spurs lack that imho and they will continue to be that way until a couple of trophies land there. 

Weather or not , he’ll get the time to see that through is another question , three seasons is his half life .

I think he’ll compound in the summer again , a top three four finish will be sufficient for him as it will marry into his transfer targets. 

Liverpool and city only need top top end players to improve marginally such is their level. That leaves a champions league playing Tottenham as the most attractive prospect for all the others. 

Hell clean out a lot of the deadwood and build a physically stronger side . Bigger men , bigger engines with possibly a silky attacking mid as the hub. 

He isn’t pulling up trees agreed but I think we’re seeing a slow burn at Tottenham as I can’t see alli or kane leaving now as I did 12 months ago . 

An interesting move that hard not to watch imho 

• Like 2
7 hours ago, blackmaggie said:

was  the same here always injured  very highly rated when he came here as a kid on loan but i didnt see anything what they were all raving about but what do i know i think injuries have always been a issue with him from a young age 

I think the move from Newcastle buried that kid to be honest. I don’t think he was ever going to be an Alan shearer but he had a big burden with that transfer fee and I’ve read somewhere he’s big in the Essex lifestyle . Shame 

i reckon if rangers win the league , he’ll be away up there with Gerard on a pay as you play deal type sketch 

• Like 1