Liverpool

1 minute ago, gnasher16 said:

Maybe i dont know....maybe im talking too much with the heart and not enough with the head ive been known to do that regards the Hammers ?

Nobody is going hold that against a bloke, it’s nothing more than different views of a thing mate.....it’s not a case of one blokes right and one blokes wrong, don’t think I don’t  understand your way of thinking because I do, I totally get it.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Easy starting a topic about your club when they’re sitting top. Takes a real man to keep a thread going to over eighty pages for the 52nd best club in the country. Ahhh, now that’s Bisto ?

Klopp out ..     Been saying it for weeks now  Henderson and Milne .let's gone   Salah over the hill   Firmino teeth too white    Mane what the fuks going

I think plenty of chaps of my/our generation will be quite pleased that the big team when we was all young are back on top......i always said id love to of been a Liverpool fan but you cant just choos

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, WILF said:

And faint hearts never won a fair lady mate ;) .........not on a football pitch anyway.

Its the one thing that always put me off team sports.....if im going to f**k this up or win either way i want to take full responsibility myself and not rely on that prick over there who doesnt have the same depth of resolve and tenacity i have.....like i say its a lovely romantic notion but not everybody has it.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Accip74 said:

Sorry to intererupt, nothing to do with this thread, but I thought the Robin Friday bio was great. It’s just you’re the first person I’ve seen/heard mention it......?

The greatest player you’ve never heard of it was called , great read 

• Like 1

Well, that’s it, problems are all cured now ! Lol 

So, let’s go off and sign Olivier Giroud......the worst striker in the world, that will be the way forward ! Lol 

20 minutes ago, WILF said:

Well, that’s it, problems are all cured now ! Lol 

So, let’s go off and sign Olivier Giroud......the worst striker in the world, that will be the way forward ! Lol 

Lets not get too excited i reckon my little non league mob would have put at least 3 past that Bournemouth side yesterday.

As for Giroud id quite like him at the Hammers we havent had a target man since Carlton Cole and its the type of football we might have to play in a relegation battle.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Lets not get too excited i reckon my little non league mob would have put at least 3 past that Bournemouth side yesterday.

As for Giroud id quite like him at the Hammers we havent had a target man since Carlton Cole and its the type of football we might have to play in a relegation battle.

Yeah, was talking to a couple of pals and they said they were poor.

Girouds just a personal thing for me mate, I have never rated him.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

As for Giroud id quite like him at the Hammers we havent had a target man since Carlton Cole and its the type of football we might have to play in a relegation 

Andy Carroll was the next big target man...shame hes made of China...

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Andy Carroll was the next big target man...shame hes made of China...

Everyone looks at football different mate, personally I have always hated that “target man” type of football......you play that against city or Liverpool and they will murder you.

It gives the ball away too easy and these teams will keep possession and shift you all over the pitch.

looking at it to be fair wilf city and liverpool do  batter most teams  but by signing moyses your club laid down a plan of prem safety first giroud is moyses type of player and one that would do you a job it looks like the owners are going to be happy with say a mid table finish but is that enough for some fans now just reading between the lines it wont be after the promises that were made over your move 

14 minutes ago, blackmaggie said:

looking at it to be fair wilf city and liverpool do  batter most teams  but by signing moyses your club laid down a plan of prem safety first giroud is moyses type of player and one that would do you a job it looks like the owners are going to be happy with say a mid table finish but is that enough for some fans now just reading between the lines it wont be after the promises that were made over your move 

Well mate, I have always been happy at mid table......but we could have done that at home where we was.

The sacrifice was massive, especially for lads like Gnasher and I want to at least see the seeds of what we was promised.

This ain’t it.

If players like Giroud who can’t buy a game with Chelsea are the answer, then what the f**k is the question ! Lol 

City and Liverpool batter teams for a reason mate, they use possession to shift teams about and create massive gaps for aggressive attacks to run into.

How often do you see City play down the right, the other team get sucked over and the like of Sterling is in massive space on the left with DeBruyne throwing over that ball to switch the play ?

Then if you shift across to mark Sterling it’s falling on the opposite side to Mendy with DeBruyne coming inside to pick up loose stuff or drive on into the box?

Liverpool do the same with Salah and Mane with Arnold and Robertson following up.

They move teams about at will, you can’t sit against that.....you have to go after them.

”Target man” football don’t beat that, it dont even hold them up.

Edited by WILF
  • Like 2

thats what i mean wilf you got moyses he did ok for everton but it would seem when you look round at say everton they didnt go back for him they employed a top manager  leciester got rogers another  winner moyses is a safety net but hasnt won anything like you say you wanted to see atleast progression but i can see mid table  have you seen what john hartson said about it he was brutally honest on how alot of fans are thinking about it 

Edited by blackmaggie
2 minutes ago, blackmaggie said:

thats what i mean wilf you got moyses he did ok for everton but it would seem when you look round at say everton they didnt go back for him they employed a top manager  leciester got rogers another  winner moyses is a safety net but hasnt won anything like you say you wanted to see atleast progression but i can see mid table  have you seen what john hartson said about it he was brutally honest on how alot of fans are thinking about it 

I didn’t see what he said mate, any link to it?

I liked Big Jonny, my type of player.