Liverpool

14 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

And I also know that you know that ? and I certainly know that it’s lads like you and the locals that hold the club together. 

I mentioned my pal from Carlisle just then, he lives a minute away from the ground , in a street that floods every bad storm . His house has been destroyed twice. His misses wants to move to a more elevated part of the town . No chance . He’s a Warwick road lad and that’s what he does, finishes work at 2 and on the stand by 3. The idea of taking a bus , car or train isn’t on his agenda at all.   

but if it was just you and your pals left , there’s no West Ham at either gaff. 

Progress has to be inevitable and had to be forward 

I totally get that....ive had chance after chance to move away permanently but i just cant do it im an East End lad and dont really want to be anything else maybe i just lack ambition ?........fortunately lifes been reasonably kind and i dont have to be around the dump on an everyday basis but i still have a place i can see the ground out my window on a clear day so i get that loyalty to your area mentality and what i meant by " just me and my pals left " is this boom isnt going to last forever so when the " progress " comes to a halt or even regresses.....its people like me and your pal who will be left doing what we,ve always done.....life doesnt change for proper fans,hence i dont buy into all this crisis at West Ham we,re just doing what we do.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Easy starting a topic about your club when they’re sitting top. Takes a real man to keep a thread going to over eighty pages for the 52nd best club in the country. Ahhh, now that’s Bisto ?

Klopp out ..     Been saying it for weeks now  Henderson and Milne .let's gone   Salah over the hill   Firmino teeth too white    Mane what the fuks going

I think plenty of chaps of my/our generation will be quite pleased that the big team when we was all young are back on top......i always said id love to of been a Liverpool fan but you cant just choos

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Gnash , your song that identifies your club don’t have to define your future though . 

Look at rangers yesterday , no song identifies a support more in world football than “Derry’s walls” does for rangers. When they won at Celtic park yday for the first time in nigh on a decade the song sang was that with one arm in the air. 

Its their anthem , it doesn’t mean they will be sharpening swords and polishing shields today to fight a catholic army though. 

The identity must stay the same , but the club must progress 

Progress can ONLY be on a football pitch though mate im f****d if im going to start singing Sweetest Victory because we now play in a 60k arena in a shopping complex instead of a shitty old football ground next to a bus garage !

One day when we win some things maybe our anthem can change but for today yesterday and the day before its perfectly appropriate for us.

8 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Fair enough mate, I understand your sentiments entirely...

I don't see any disrespect mate, its football yap, that's all...

Sorry if it seems like ive come on a big strong mate its just this attitude of entitlement in sport f****n bugs the life out of me we see it in boxing where a fighter becomes a big name through doing f**k all apart from getting twitter likes i love sport too much for it to be diminished into a finance driven popularity contest.

West Ham as a footie club means the world to me i value it too much to just disregard our past and say  "ok boys we,ve made it we,re a big club now " 

1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

Apparently im starting to sound like a right bitter twisted old c**t ?

Not really, when have all been round the block enough to know that football and football clubs mean different things to different people.

But go on admit it, I caught you low in the ribs there while you was concentrating on jabbing my head ! ? ? 

29 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Sorry if it seems like ive come on a big strong mate its just this attitude of entitlement in sport f****n bugs the life out of me we see it in boxing where a fighter becomes a big name through doing f**k all apart from getting twitter likes i love sport too much for it to be diminished into a finance driven popularity contest.

West Ham as a footie club means the world to me i value it too much to just disregard our past and say  "ok boys we,ve made it we,re a big club now " 

Sorry mate, but I just can’t see how wanting to compete at the same level or even better as the other teams in the league you play in is a sense of entitlement ?.......it isn’t, it’s what you do.

Are you saying that you wouldn’t want to win the FA cup or (in fantasy land) the European Cup because it would make us something above our station ?.......that don’t make any sense at all pal, not one bit.

Now I don’t know what you think I’m expecting but it isn’t the FA cup.......all I want is decent competitive football, played the right way by players who look like they belong and want to belong in the league they play in........f**k me, that isn’t getting high and mighty is it? 

Wilf when we,ve been in relegation battles in the past did you think we had an entitlement not to be then as well ?

What im saying to you is our fans have unwittingly developed some kind of " big club " mentality that thinks along the lines of a Man Utd or Arsenal supporter in terms of " how dare we be in a relegation battle "

The reason some of our fans now think this way is solely because of the move to the new ground.......to me its business as usual.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Wilf when we,ve been in relegation battles in the past did you think we had an entitlement not to be then as well ?

What im saying to you is our fans have unwittingly developed some kind of " big club " mentality that thinks along the lines of a Man Utd or Arsenal supporter in terms of " how dare we be in a relegation battle "

The reason some of our fans now think this way is solely because of the move to the new ground.......to me its business as usual

The reason some of our fans now think this way is solely because of the move to the new ground.......to me its business as usual.

Without wanting to divert too much away from the topic I’ll get back into it on a roundabout way . 

I’ll read anything football related , I’ve read some very varied biographies of players from robin friday to Brian McLair to beckham and most of the golden generations. 

I while back I read John terrys offering . I dislike him , there wasn’t much on the gossip side of stuff more “ me and lamps “ and “me and England “ etc. Starting from his days at senrab. 

Ive got a funny memory , if there’s something that interests me I can memorise it verbatim after a minute or so. In that book there is a part about when mourinho took over at Chelsea and established them as champions . And how during that era the playing staff , in particular the local core of terry , lampard  and the two coles would look forward to the Tottenham games as they knew every time they’d play they’d beat them.

There was a picture in that book of terry scoring against spurs with the caption “ scoring against Tottenham on way to beating them , again” 

how condescending is that ? Knowing that a localish rivals efforts will always be beneath you or even as a supporter to say, ah “ it’s only spurs, we’ve got United next week , that’s the game I want to see. “ 

unrelated ? Yes, but bear with me.

you mentioned earlier that your true rivals are millwall, a club that as a neutral , have no right to be regarded with the prestige of West Ham. 

How good would it be as a iron to be waking up on a Saturday thinking “ Chelsea at home today , we’re gonna give these lot a doing today” or having a day out at spurs with your pals knowing that it wasn’t just gonna be good crack but they’d be sat at home thinking

“ ficking Hell Avi , we’ve got the hammers today , I hope they don’t give us a shoeing”  

is it not better to wish for more than a good day out or a cheeky point ? 

I worked with two lads , Man City fans , in 2008 , one sadly was seriously hurt and he passed over after  complications in his recovery, the day city won the league title , my other pal sat in the stadium after the game and took a picture which he sent onto our little social media group. 

It simply said “ for lee, who never saw this” 

would city fans rather be there struggling as a minority against a much bigger rival ? Or do you feel that they’ve done their share of wanting and are now reaping their rewards ?  

I’m going to pick you up on that mate.

When was in the championship did you want to win the league ?

Make the play offs? 
Get Promoted ?

Does  that make you an entitled fan in the championship but a humble fan in the premier ? 

Should teams in the 3rd, 2nd, 1st not want to win the league and get promoted ? Because that’s what you are saying isn’t it? 

EVERY team should be trying to win the league......without exception.

I played very low level football but if by some chance they had said to my silly little team “you can have a season in the premier” I’d have come out every single game wanting to win the league, believing I could and I’d have accepted nothing less from the players around me.

That is how you approach football.....no ifs, no buts, it’s an absolute given.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, WILF said:

I’m going to pick you up on that mate.

When was in the championship did you want to win the league ?

Make the play offs? 
Get Promoted ?

Does  that make you an entitled fan in the championship but a humble fan in the premier ? 

Should teams in the 3rd, 2nd, 1st not want to win the league and get promoted ? Because that’s what you are saying isn’t it? 

EVERY team should be trying to win the league......without exception.

I played very low level football but if by some chance they had said to my silly little team “you can have a season in the premier” I’d have come out every single game wanting to win the league, believing I could and I’d have accepted nothing less from the players around me.

That is how you approach football.....no ifs, no buts, it’s an absolute given.

Idiot , you’d have been on the bench dodging the eggs I was chucking at ya 

4 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Without wanting to divert too much away from the topic I’ll get back into it on a roundabout way . 

I’ll read anything football related , I’ve read some very varied biographies of players from robin friday to Brian McLair to beckham and most of the golden generations. 

I while back I read John terrys offering . I dislike him , there wasn’t much on the gossip side of stuff more “ me and lamps “ and “me and England “ etc. Starting from his days at senrab. 

Ive got a funny memory , if there’s something that interests me I can memorise it verbatim after a minute or so. In that book there is a part about when mourinho took over at Chelsea and established them as champions . And how during that era the playing staff , in particular the local core of terry , lampard  and the two coles would look forward to the Tottenham games as they knew every time they’d play they’d beat them.

There was a picture in that book of terry scoring against spurs with the caption “ scoring against Tottenham on way to beating them , again” 

how condescending is that ? Knowing that a localish rivals efforts will always be beneath you or even as a supporter to say, ah “ it’s only spurs, we’ve got United next week , that’s the game I want to see. “ 

unrelated ? Yes, but bear with me.

you mentioned earlier that your true rivals are millwall, a club that as a neutral , have no right to be regarded with the prestige of West Ham. 

How good would it be as a iron to be waking up on a Saturday thinking “ Chelsea at home today , we’re gonna give these lot a doing today” or having a day out at spurs with your pals knowing that it wasn’t just gonna be good crack but they’d be sat at home thinking

“ ficking Hell Avi , we’ve got the hammers today , I hope they don’t give us a shoeing”  

is it not better to wish for more than a good day out or a cheeky point ? 

I worked with two lads , Man City fans , in 2008 , one sadly was seriously hurt and he passed over after  complications in his recovery, the day city won the league title , my other pal sat in the stadium after the game and took a picture which he sent onto our little social media group. 

It simply said “ for lee, who never saw this” 

would city fans rather be there struggling as a minority against a much bigger rival ? Or do you feel that they’ve done their share of wanting and are now reaping their rewards ?  

The thing you quote there about JT is just a proper football mindset mate......there’s no room for hope, there’s only room for total beliefe and a will to dominate and destroy your opponents !

Just now, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Idiot , you’d have been on the bench dodging the eggs I was chucking at ya 

You’d have been phoning your mum to pick you up as I knocked in my 4th !

2 minutes ago, WILF said:

The thing you quote there about JT is just a proper football mindset mate......there’s no room for hope, there’s only room for total beliefe and a will to dominate and destroy your opponents !

I get that , but from the other side of the coin you’d be thinking “ oh for f**k sake , I forgot we had Chelsea on weds night , I hope keep drogba quiet and nick a draw” 

• Like 1