Liverpool

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Easy starting a topic about your club when they’re sitting top. Takes a real man to keep a thread going to over eighty pages for the 52nd best club in the country. Ahhh, now that’s Bisto ?

Klopp out ..     Been saying it for weeks now  Henderson and Milne .let's gone   Salah over the hill   Firmino teeth too white    Mane what the fuks going

I think plenty of chaps of my/our generation will be quite pleased that the big team when we was all young are back on top......i always said id love to of been a Liverpool fan but you cant just choos

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Got me mate....I'm a glory hunter...nothing more Lol...

If Exeter moved into a nice new shiny stadium perhaps I'd start following them...but f**k going up that cow shed...lol

No dont get me wrong i get it......Exeter is a pretty crap club so i can see why you chose the next nearest ?

That Pellegrini spent a fair bit, who sanctioned the signings?

I mean its £200m or so I think.

So if Pellegrini came in and spent that amount, got sacked halfway through the season, Moyes came back (after zero backing first time around), the team was playing terrible, slow unentertaining, teetering on relegation...it would all be ok if it was being played out at Upton Park??

C'mon mate, it's not the move, it's the bullshit behind the scenes, you're as big a club as Leisceter or Wolves IMO, so as fans deserve a bit more....that's nit getting above your station, playing we're the little club too hard can be negative.... 

• Like 1
Just now, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

My best mate from home goes to all Carlisle away games . He reckons it takes him three days to plan around getting to Plymouth argyle and back lol 

My Mrs is from Plymouth ..it takes her 3 days of begging to get me down there to see family!! Lol

10 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Funny you should say that as I have a few hammers lads I work with. The season you did really well he started getting a bit fanciful , new ground on the horizon , top 6 breakthrough. 

I told him they’d finish bottom half 

and they did. 

Thats not a dig , I can’t compare my club with West Ham. It’s a different scenario altogether but you do have to speculate to accumulate. I know lads like you will “ follow over land and sea” but for your generation it’s an experience shared, a day at the races with your pals and the comfort of routine . 

Same boozers , same lads , “remember when” I get all that the comfort of familiarity. 

But not all supporters want that . Younger types want it as a stopping point , “yeah I’ve been there , took the kids , loved it , straight off the train at Stratford” 

no millimg around the old haunts with nostalgia , it’s a day out , programme , club shop , bit of merch watch the players warm up. 

Look at Liverpool , it’s not carvy lads from toxteh in paul and Shark jumpers touching the gates and into the arkle until ten to three and into the kop anymore . 

Its Chinese with iPhones and families from Crewe and Lincoln putting the club shop into overdrive . 

Wether you can call that progress or not , or even want that , is sadly how the game is these days . 

The tv money is there for the premier league teams . But supporters won’t go if the team is shite . A balance needs found 

Stiffy i get it mate.....im not a div that dont know whats going on in the world....but dont ask me to like it.....theres things going on in all walks of life they call progress.....but it dont mean its good progress.

Take all the tv money,the foreign talent and glitz and glamour away from football and football grounds and you,ll be left with me and my little pals rocking around a big 60k arena saying " Bill i told you we should of stayed at Upton Park  "

Just now, gnasher16 said:

Stiffy i get it mate.....im not a div that dont know whats going on in the world....but dont ask me to like it.....theres things going on in all walks of life they call progress.....but it dont mean its good progress.

Take all the tv money,the foreign talent and glitz and glamour away from football and football grounds and you,ll be left with me and my little pals rocking around a big 60k arena saying " Bill i told you we should of stayed at Upton Park  "

Your right in that mate...theres people that watch football now who have no love of the game at all, its false shit...most of the world is!!

Down here its Rugby, Exeter are arguably the best club in the country....now I like all sport but I'm honest about it, I'm a football man, loads of my old football mates are talking about rugby like they know every rule etc...I'll watch a game, and enjoyed the world cup etc....but it ain't my sport, so I wont jump on the Cheifs band wagon like everyone else around here!!

5 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

And I also know that you know that ? and I certainly know that it’s lads like you and the locals that hold the club together. 

I mentioned my pal from Carlisle just then, he lives a minute away from the ground , in a street that floods every bad storm . His house has been destroyed twice. His misses wants to move to a more elevated part of the town . No chance . He’s a Warwick road lad and that’s what he does, finishes work at 2 and on the stand by 3. The idea of taking a bus , car or train isn’t on his agenda at all.   

but if it was just you and your pals left , there’s no West Ham at either gaff. 

Progress has to be inevitable and had to be forward 

8 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

That Pellegrini spent a fair bit, who sanctioned the signings?

I mean its £200m or so I think.

So if Pellegrini came in and spent that amount, got sacked halfway through the season, Moyes came back (after zero backing first time around), the team was playing terrible, slow unentertaining, teetering on relegation...it would all be ok if it was being played out at Upton Park??

C'mon mate, it's not the move, it's the bullshit behind the scenes, you're as big a club as Leisceter or Wolves IMO, so as fans deserve a bit more....that's nit getting above your station, playing we're the little club too hard can be negative.... 

Newkid i dont mean any disrespect but theres a song about bubbles we have been singing for years and years......look it up and listen to the words.

Should we simply start singing Sweetest Victory instead and just forget our history and culture even though we have absolutely no entitlement.....or is being " a big club "  the real victory ?

You are talking as though something terrible is happening to the club but this is just who and what we are......the only reason its being seen as a calamity is because people now think we're a big club.........and they only think we are a big club since our big move for crying out loud !!!

2 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Newkid i dont mean any disrespect but theres a song about bubbles we have been singing for years and years......look it up and listen to the words.

Should we simply start singing Sweetest Victory instead and just forget our history and culture even though we have absolutely no entitlement.....or is being " a big club "  the real victory ?

You are talking as though something terrible is happening to the club but this is just who and what we are......the only reason its being seen as a calamity is because people now think we're a big club.........and they only think we are a big club since our big move for crying out loud !!!

Fuk it ...go for the "sleeping giants " tag .it works for some .

11 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Gnash , your song that identifies your club don’t have to define your future though . 

Look at rangers yesterday , no song identifies a support more in world football than “Derry’s walls” does for rangers. When they won at Celtic park yday for the first time in nigh on a decade the song sang was that with one arm in the air. 

Its their anthem , it doesn’t mean they will be sharpening swords and polishing shields today to fight a catholic army though. 

The identity must stay the same , but the club must progress 

1 minute ago, gnasher16 said:

Fair enough mate, I understand your sentiments entirely...

I don't see any disrespect mate, its football yap, that's all...