Liverpool

1 hour ago, NEWKID said:

Is Moyes just a knee jerk appointment to keep them up?

It seems like a huge step backwards, if he was the right man for West Hams future why sack him in the first place?

Chelsea, Wolves, Leicester, Sheffield United and even Man U at times are quickly evolving a new very quick way of playing, its built around young mobile and quick players all over the park....Giroud does not fit this model so it gives you an indication of the intent and method of play to be adopted...not great!!

Man Unt are a season away from being a force again mate, I think it’s looking very very positive for you.

It tells you all you need to know about Giroud that Franky opted to put on an 18 year old out of the youth system over him.......top clubs don’t get rid of players that are any good, they just don’t.

And, even though Franks results have been hit and miss you get a feeling that the fans and the club can see what he is trying to do and the direction and they are on board .......they are also getting to watch decent football whatever the result.

Theres no secret to what Wilder is doing at Sheffield, I watched it yesterday.....they were letting city come on to them then just hitting balls into the channel with a quick transition and running at city hard to receive the cross.......it’s gutsy stuff.

Its fighting fire with fire.

Fans can get behind that.

I honestly don’t have a f***ing clue what we think we are doing but we are 10 yds off the pace of the premier league that’s for sure.

• Like 2

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Easy starting a topic about your club when they’re sitting top. Takes a real man to keep a thread going to over eighty pages for the 52nd best club in the country. Ahhh, now that’s Bisto ?

Klopp out ..     Been saying it for weeks now  Henderson and Milne .let's gone   Salah over the hill   Firmino teeth too white    Mane what the fuks going

I think plenty of chaps of my/our generation will be quite pleased that the big team when we was all young are back on top......i always said id love to of been a Liverpool fan but you cant just choos

Posted Images

1 hour ago, WILF said:

So, not content with low ambition clowns turnout re-appointment of Moyes I’m now reading a rumour they he may want to try and sign the worlds worst forward in Olivier Giroud !!

West Ham, the gift that keeps giving ! 

I sat last night and jealously watched another small club, Sheffield United, almost play Manchester City off the park with gutsy, high energy, swashbuckling football........I watched young Frank put on youngster straight out of the youth system in a cracking game against Arsenal and I can’t help but feel that my little club has badly lost its way.

So are you still glad we moved from Upton Park then Wilf ? 

Dont worry you havent got to answer that....i,ll be periodically asking you the same question over the coming years ?

What was it we was told a few weeks after we left Upton Park for this new shithole...." There will be no going back "

Oh watcha David Moyes hows tricks :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
16 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Dont worry you havent got to answer that....i,ll be periodically asking you the same question over the coming years ?

What was it we was told a few weeks after we left Upton Park for this new shithole...." There will be no going back "

You will never get sick of smacking me with that one will you ! Lol 

Listen, I stand by it mate, we had to move.....even big clubs have to in order to progress.

However, it seems to be becoming clear that the problem isn’t the move......it’s the fact that we never followed it up.

At this time, we don’t belong in the premier league.......we are so far off what a premier team should be in terms of fitness, motivation, style of play it’s unbelievable......we are at least 3 years behind.

That has absolutely nothing to do with the move.

On 27/12/2019 at 10:59, ArchieHood said:

Liverpool would need to drop 14 points over the remaining 20 Premier League games to give the chasing pack even a mathmatical chance to overhaul them at the top of the table.

In their last 45 Premier League games they have dropped just 13......?

Football isn’t top trumps and you have the advantage of yes , the other sides are poor. But two or three injuries , a couple of bad performances you never know. 

Unlikely though and I think a Liverpool / Gerard league double would be a poetic ending . 

35 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Gnash , 

just out of interest, if you’d stayed at the old ground , would you be content with the performances ? 

As in same old West Ham type sketch ? 

Or would you be thinking , “ what if “ whilst staring at spurs playing at the Olympic ground ? 

Just theoretical of course ....

out of interest , I think anfield will be the next ground to go that way ...

i liked moyses he did a good job for us and did ok at everton but his westham record of played 31 and as a win rate of 29 per cent isnt good enough if you want to move forward like your  club says should of gone for pouchettino or theres a few good young managers in the championship scott parker thomas frank alex oneil  even try and get slavan billic back 

59 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

I suppose playing shit football with a shit manager is ok as long as it's at Upton Park!! Lol...

Surely the whole mentality needs a shake up, it ain't the ground your in it's the groundhog way the club appears to be run...

That's only a complete outsiders view, I know you lads that live and breathe the club will have a different take on it...

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, WILF said:

However, it seems to be becoming clear that the problem isn’t the move......it’s the fact that we never followed it up.

Ive got a pile of brand new carpet you can have here Wilf,get what you can for it ?.......no no no its ok i insist.....no its ok your most welcome im just a kind hearted guy.

" oi lads you,ll never guess what,you know how laminate floorings all the rage well ive only gone and dumped all my ol carpet onto that geezer Wilf he thinks he,s had a right touch " ?

• Haha 2
24 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

I suppose playing shit football with a shit manager is ok as long as it's at Upton Park!! Lol...

Surely the whole mentality needs a shake up, it ain't the ground your in it's the groundhog way the club appears to be run...

That's only a complete outsiders view, I know you lads that live and breathe the club will have a different take on it...

I don’t, that’s exactly how I see it.

40 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Gnash , 

just out of interest, if you’d stayed at the old ground , would you be content with the performances ? 

As in same old West Ham type sketch ? 

Or would you be thinking , “ what if “ whilst staring at spurs playing at the Olympic ground ? 

Just theoretical of course ....

out of interest , I think anfield will be the next ground to go that way ...

I liked my club mate....so yes i was perfectly happy with everything,infact in our last few seasons at Upton Park we were showing steady improvement season to season to the point where we had our highest Premier League finish and European football.....now we,re in a relegation battle.....Spurs and Arsenal were always bigger clubs than us i dont have a problem with that...Millwall are our rivals and some of our fans need to remember that ?

When you say " same old West Ham " do you mean like " same old Everton ?....or same old Southend Utd at their level ?.....or same old Leyton Orient at their level ?....you see i dont have this entitled mentality....as Hammers we was always seen as real fans who knew their club and were loyal to it.....unfortunately in recent years some of our fans seem to have jumped out of their place and want more because they fell hook line and sinker for what a couple of old crooks promised them !

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Ive got a pile of brand new carpet you can have here Wilf,get what you can for it ?.......no no no its ok i insist.....no its ok your most welcome im just a kind hearted guy.

" oi lads you,ll never guess what,you know how laminate floorings all the rage well ive only gone and dumped all my ol carpet onto that geezer Wilf he thinks he,s had a right touch " ?

Mate we all got sold a pup, lads like me did with the move and lads like you did with all this “local owners off the manor, bleed claret and blue” and all that shit......I didn’t buy into any of that cobblers.

I still remembered them as wanna be Brummies but hey, ho......we were in schtook and they sorted the debt problems at the time.

It is what it is and the fact remains, on the pitch and behind the scenes we are playing in 2010 and the rest of the teams are playing in 2020.

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Aint you the Man Utd supporter from Devon or somewhere........yeah easy innit when you can just cast your own aside and join the deluxe model ?

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Aint you the Man Utd supporter from Devon or somewhere........yeah easy innit when you can just cast your own aside and join the deluxe model ?

Got me mate....I'm a glory hunter...nothing more Lol...

If Exeter moved into a nice new shiny stadium perhaps I'd start following them...but f**k going up that cow shed...lol

22 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

I liked my club mate....so yes i was perfectly happy with everything,infact in our last few seasons at Upton Park we were showing steady improvement season to season to the point where we had our highest Premier League finish and European football.....now we,re in a relegation battle.....Spurs and Arsenal were always bigger clubs than us i dont have a problem with that...Millwall are our rivals and some of our fans need to remember that ?

Funny you should say that as I have a few hammers lads I work with. The season you did really well he started getting a bit fanciful , new ground on the horizon , top 6 breakthrough. 

I told him they’d finish bottom half 

and they did. 

Thats not a dig , I can’t compare my club with West Ham. It’s a different scenario altogether but you do have to speculate to accumulate. I know lads like you will “ follow over land and sea” but for your generation it’s an experience shared, a day at the races with your pals and the comfort of routine . 

Same boozers , same lads , “remember when” I get all that the comfort of familiarity. 

But not all supporters want that . Younger types want it as a stopping point , “yeah I’ve been there , took the kids , loved it , straight off the train at Stratford” 

no millimg around the old haunts with nostalgia , it’s a day out , programme , club shop , bit of merch watch the players warm up. 

Look at Liverpool , it’s not carvy lads from toxteh in paul and Shark jumpers touching the gates and into the arkle until ten to three and into the kop anymore . 

Its Chinese with iPhones and families from Crewe and Lincoln putting the club shop into overdrive . 

Wether you can call that progress or not , or even want that , is sadly how the game is these days . 

The tv money is there for the premier league teams . But supporters won’t go if the team is shite . A balance needs found 

32 minutes ago, WILF said:

Mate we all got sold a pup, lads like me did with the move and lads like you did with all this “local owners off the manor, bleed claret and blue” and all that shit......I didn’t buy into any of that cobblers.

I still remembered them as wanna be Brummies but hey, ho......we were in schtook and they sorted the debt problems at the time.

It is what it is and the fact remains, on the pitch and behind the scenes we are playing in 2010 and the rest of the teams are playing in 2020.

What i fell for is what we all as locals fell for and was over the moon with at the time.

What you fell for only about 1 in 3 of our fans fell for and could have/should have been stopped !

The reality is we didnt fight hard enough as a community to stop the move because too many fans from off the plot had eyes too big for their belly ?

Edited by gnasher16