Liverpool

Sorry Nash , I don’t see a comparative to Liverpool with west ham , Liverpool have been trying to extend Anfield for years on the sly. 

Spurs are probably the best example o would say if a club moving forward. (I know you two will love that ) 

for years you could have said Everton and spurs were the next two , the best of the rest so to speak. Everton sat in Goodson telling everyone there a people’s club. Spurs , admittedly were on a trajectory when you get gifted a Harry Kane, but they sorted their ground out , got a proper manager in, and barring Leicester’s miracle (which no one could have predicted ) would have won the league and last year were champions league finalists . 

Progress is a funny thing , for lads who live the club it’s sacrilege, but for the future , surely it’s a necessary evil. 

• Like 1

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Easy starting a topic about your club when they’re sitting top. Takes a real man to keep a thread going to over eighty pages for the 52nd best club in the country. Ahhh, now that’s Bisto ?

Klopp out ..     Been saying it for weeks now  Henderson and Milne .let's gone   Salah over the hill   Firmino teeth too white    Mane what the fuks going

I think plenty of chaps of my/our generation will be quite pleased that the big team when we was all young are back on top......i always said id love to of been a Liverpool fan but you cant just choos

Posted Images

6 hours ago, WILF said:

Good watch that , you’d always think that the Rossoneri are one of the worlds top sides but I didn’t realise they hadn’t been in the champions league for 6 years until watching that. 

The san Siro is a dump , has been for years and the away end is a disaster. 

She said last week , what you want to do for your 40th? I said I’ll go to a Milan derby , you can f**k off round the shops 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
35 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Sorry Nash , I don’t see a comparative to Liverpool with west ham , Liverpool have been trying to extend Anfield for years on the sly. 

Spurs are probably the best example o would say if a club moving forward. (I know you two will love that ) 

for years you could have said Everton and spurs were the next two , the best of the rest so to speak. Everton sat in Goodson telling everyone there a people’s club. Spurs , admittedly were on a trajectory when you get gifted a Harry Kane, but they sorted their ground out , got a proper manager in, and barring Leicester’s miracle (which no one could have predicted ) would have won the league and last year were champions league finalists . 

Progress is a funny thing , for lads who live the club it’s sacrilege, but for the future , surely it’s a necessary evil. 

Im not comparing them as clubs im saying redeveloping a ground within the heart of the community and maintaining history,traditions,respecting the wishes of fans,while still having a modern feel is the way to go.....we could of redeveloped our East Stand in exactly the same way we did with our West Stand at Upton Park and all the boxes would of been ticked................but then maybe we wouldnt have attracted Sebastian Haller,Albian Ajeti and all the other footballing stars from across the globe :whistling:

Edited by gnasher16
  • Haha 2
5 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Im not comparing them as clubs im saying redeveloping a ground within the heart of the community and maintaining history,traditions,respecting the wishes of fans,while still having a modern feel is the way to go.....we could of redeveloped our East Stand in exactly the same way we did with our West Stand at Upton Park and all the boxes would of been ticked................but then maybe we wouldnt have attracted Sebastian Haller,Albian Ajeti and all the other footballing stars from across the globe :whistling:

Or  Marco Boogers, Collins, Reid, Lomas, Bishop etc 

Good job we had them in the tool box and could afford to f**k off Ferdinand, Lampard, Cole, Carrick etc etc lol ? 

1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

Jermain Pennant,Jamie o Hara,Kevin Foley.....even nicked our little Chambers out the academy.

Ohh, is that the club you have a little interest in.....just dawned on me.

I like that little ground, I’ll buy you a cup of tea when I’m over there next.....that’s if the hoi palloy have tea with the oiks? Lol ? 

The top flight clubs in England don’t give a shit about the supporters. They no longer rely on punters coming through the gate to survive. And so, for me, the English game has lost/sold some of its soul. Said before, I see a day in the future where you’ll be setting your alarm for the middle of the night to get up and watch a league game between the Chinese owned West Ham Dragons v the Indian owned Arsenal Tigers live from Beijing. Okay that might be a bit dramatic, but it might not be too long before we see English teams face one another in domestic competitions on foreign shores.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/49647660

English football is now a global commodity where the money involved talks way louder than the man and boy lifeblood supporters who put teams on the park every Saturday for over 100 years. 

Btw..., watching the Liverpool game in Qatar. Fans are feckin miles from the park. Bodes well for the world cup. Just as well us Scots will be boycotting it as usual ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
30 minutes ago, pesky1972 said:

The top flight clubs in England don’t give a shit about the supporters. They no longer rely on punters coming through the gate to survive. And so, for me, the English game has lost/sold some of its soul. Said before, I see a day in the future where you’ll be setting your alarm for the middle of the night to get up and watch a league game between the Chinese owned West Ham Dragons v the Indian owned Arsenal Tigers live from Beijing. Okay that might be a bit dramatic, but it might not be too long before we see English teams face one another in domestic competitions on foreign shores.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/49647660

English football is now a global commodity where the money involved talks way louder than the man and boy lifeblood supporters who put teams on the park every Saturday for over 100 years. 

Btw..., watching the Liverpool game in Qatar. Fans are feckin miles from the park. Bodes well for the world cup. Just as well us Scots will be boycotting it as usual ?

Same for every European club mate I’m afraid (obviously in jock land it will be different ! Lol )

The gate pays for f**k all, it’s the merchandise and sponsors that pay the bills.

I was in the PSG shop on the Champs Elysee 5 years back and they couldn’t stack Ibrahimovic shirts on the selves fast enough, as they put a pile on they were gone at €90 a pop ! 

They must have sold thousands that day and that shop was rammed the day I was in there and the others days I walked past as well.

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

You would be surprised the money knocking around at that level....i know for a fact a couple of clubs in the Nationwide South have 30 - 40k per week wage budgets....there are non league players in that league on 3 and 4k p/week.....a lot of ex pros and pros about to retire are dropping down to those leagues at the end of their career,players who maybe dont want to do their coaching badges and still love the game and think they have something to offer....plus you also have clubs with their own academies nicking kids who have been turned down by pro club academies......and of course bigger crowds = bigger exposure = bigger investment its all go in the non league world.

the wage bill was a bit of a eye opener i know about pros and such and you can see the investment being put in at certain clubs like i said nash i have seen a couple of kids that you can tell have had proper coaching and may end up turning pro  i will take afc fylde as a example the owner as pumped alot of money in to it built a cracking little ground and got a decent team together they play sheff utd in the  fa cup they are now set up like a professinal club scouting academies there even  sending  coaches out teaching kids during the week are theses clubs given grants etc because surely it cant be viable financally for a non league team 

1 hour ago, blackmaggie said:

the wage bill was a bit of a eye opener i know about pros and such and you can see the investment being put in at certain clubs like i said nash i have seen a couple of kids that you can tell have had proper coaching and may end up turning pro  i will take afc fylde as a example the owner as pumped alot of money in to it built a cracking little ground and got a decent team together they play sheff utd in the  fa cup they are now set up like a professinal club scouting academies there even  sending  coaches out teaching kids during the week are theses clubs given grants etc because surely it cant be viable financally for a non league team 

That sounds decent that mate.

I don’t know if clubs are giving grants but one thing I know 100% is that all clubs rely on support in the community and it sounds like them boys have the right idea.

Theres a simple truth in football and that is, built something good and people will come but you have to be very, very pro active.

If you build a good thing you will get:

Players wanting to play for you

People wanting to send their kids to your youth teams

People wanting to watch you

Business and sponsors wanting to be associated with you

But it means a hell of a lot of leg work, promoting yourself in the community (coaching in schools is a great example) and it will also mean you need more money.

In football if you ain’t going forward then you really are going backward.......it’s an absolute fact.

• Like 1

i totally agree wilf moyses did away with the school stuff cost cutting excersize  apperently we have missed out my mates lad as  he signed for liverpool on appentership forms and a few of the other lads in the area have signed for burnley rovers etc i just wondered how such big investment paid of because the incoming surely out weigh the out going but not being in the know i wouldnt like  to say tomuch as its not something i really know about 

Edited by blackmaggie
1 hour ago, blackmaggie said:

i totally agree wilf moyses did away with the school stuff cost cutting excersize  apperently we have missed out my mates lad as  he signed for liverpool on appentership forms and a few of the other lads in the area have signed for burnley rovers etc i just wondered how such big investment paid of because the incoming surely out weigh the out going but not being in the know i wouldnt like  to say tomuch as its not something i really know about 

Most clubs, especially grass roots clubs, walk a fine line I reckon mate 

• Like 1

they must do wilf the wage bill bit was a bit of a surprise but like you say sponsorship advertising and gates  will bring money in but like i said fylde are being run like pro club  as are a good few other teams in that league i just couldnt see how teams got a return on the investment they put in but like nash said there does seem to be alot of money being spent so there must be  a return thats why i said about grants etc you will know better than me wilf about how much it costs to run a kids team nets kits coaching badges etc does say a sponsor cover the costs or will it be down to the club or parents to make it up because like you know it seems like its all about badges and courses now were when we were growing up it was one of the dads that took you or you all just did want you wanted but now we seem to be catching up with some of the europeans regarding teaching kids 

Edited by blackmaggie
23 minutes ago, blackmaggie said:

they must do wilf the wage bill bit was a bit of a surprise but like you say sponsorship advertising and gates  will bring money in but like i said fylde are being run like pro club  as are a good few other teams in that league i just couldnt see how teams got a return on the investment they put in but like nash said there does seem to be alot of money being spent so there must be  a return thats why i said about grants etc you will know better than me wilf about how much it costs to run a kids team nets kits coaching badges etc does say a sponsor cover the costs or will it be down to the club or parents to make it up because like you know it seems like its all about badges and courses now were when we were growing up it was one of the dads that took you or you all just did want you wanted but now we seem to be catching up with some of the europeans regarding teaching kids 

A sponsor may cover the cost of a kit mate at local kids and adults level but that’s about it.

Everything else requires support, lots of support.

It probably cost me £500 a year to coach my youngsters teams, I buy all my own equipment, medals, trophies etc etc ......it’s a pain in the arse waiting for the club or committee to do anything so I just do it myself and f**k em.

Badges in England are an investment because you can see money going back into the game with facilities etc

In Ireland I refuse to pay and do them because absolutely f**k all gets put into the game here.

I don’t need to pay for John Delaneys lunch to show a kid how to play a pass.

Clubs need support in a fiver here and there, buying a ticket at the 50/50, making sure you get your kids to matches and training......it’s a good thing football, and it’s not much to ask for something so good imho 

• Like 3

fair play to you for doing that wilf i suppose sometimes it easier just to do it yourself like you say about parents getting kids there i would think some kids will miss out there i should say the investment being put back is good to see i know round here it does keep a few out of trouble i know one kid who parents are pushing him hard to play but it seems the parents more than the kid himself who want it shame as it seems there taking the fun out of it for him but i suppose that the way society as gone now you see much of that wilf 

• Like 2