Liverpool

2 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Because you all wanted us to become a big club and thats what big clubs do.

I disagree......yes we all loved Upton Park and didnt want to move for emotional reasons as well but purely from a football perspective we have lost our identity as a club.

But we had all that.....we had probably the greatest most successful academy of football in the country.....we had a young vibrant manager with a do or die attitude playing fast attacking football....we had everything in place.....our last year at the old gaff was one of the most enjoyable seasons ive ever had as a West Ham travelling to places like Malta and Romania in Europe....it was our most successful season ever in the Premier League we finished with more points than ever before,we got to the quarter final of the Fa Cup ....even the under 21,s won the cup so everything was looking great........now look at us !

The harsh reality is mate we had the option to stick or twist and we f****d it.....and now chaps like you are sitting suggesting we start to build exactly what we already had...only in this shiny new stadium and as a " brand " instead of a football club with " customers " instead of fans.

I disagree with almost all of that mate.

We had a great time under Slav but that wasn’t standard stuff was it.....be honest, it wasn’t.

We have been a retirement home for journeymen managers, players at the end of careers and players who frankly are just in need of a job for years now.

We have brought on good youth, the best in fact.....then promptly sold them to go on to bigger and better things because we wanted the money and they knew they could never fulfil their potential as a player with us.

We had f**k all in a football sense I’m afraid mate......we live off past glories and conducting ourselves right as fans, that’s all.

I don’t mind that, doesn’t bother me in the slightest bit let’s not bullshit ourselves we are something we ain’t .

In a football sense we are a gift to everyone except ourselves.

It’s not good enough to say “blokes like you wanted to move” I’m afraid that won’t wash mate, what blokes like me want is to see a football team doing what a football team should do and that’s playing the best football and being the most competitive we can all the time.

By the way, I hope you understand I’m not throwing my burger at you just having a sensible mans football chat ? lol 

• Like 2

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Easy starting a topic about your club when they’re sitting top. Takes a real man to keep a thread going to over eighty pages for the 52nd best club in the country. Ahhh, now that’s Bisto ?

Klopp out ..     Been saying it for weeks now  Henderson and Milne .let's gone   Salah over the hill   Firmino teeth too white    Mane what the fuks going

I think plenty of chaps of my/our generation will be quite pleased that the big team when we was all young are back on top......i always said id love to of been a Liverpool fan but you cant just choos

Posted Images

1 hour ago, NEWKID said:

Surely the stadium in the long term can only been seen as a benefit to the club, the manager would be the same at Upton Park or the new place, and as you say he doesn't fit... surely a young vibrant coach is what you want now?

I dont think any of the old school West Ham fans will ever embrace the new stadium, but if the right bloke was in charge and the team was playing good football perhaps the pill would be easier to.swallow...

The next manager doesn't have to be one of the new wave though. Look at Eddie Howe and Brendan Rogers. Thy both promote the attractive attacking football that West Ham have been known for. Even that German who got 'Uddersfield to the Premiership would be worth an interview.

2 hours ago, NEWKID said:

Surely the stadium in the long term can only been seen as a benefit to the club, the manager would be the same at Upton Park or the new place, and as you say he doesn't fit... surely a young vibrant coach is what you want now?

I dont think any of the old school West Ham fans will ever embrace the new stadium, but if the right bloke was in charge and the team was playing good football perhaps the pill would be easier to.swallow...

The manager wouldnt be the same if we was at Upton Park....as a 2 bob club at Upton Park we usually went with ex players or at least managers who had an affiliation with the club.....so ok we move grounds trying to do the " big club " thing and pitch up with a big name manager who managed Real Madrid and Man City.

35 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

The next manager doesn't have to be one of the new wave though. Look at Eddie Howe and Brendan Rogers. Thy both promote the attractive attacking football that West Ham have been known for. Even that German who got 'Uddersfield to the Premiership would be worth an interview.

Oh I agree, my mistake was saying "young"...

New ideas, methods of coaching etc is what I mean... the Allardyce's, Pulis' etc are over.... and looking at big name coaches, Pellegrini, Van Gall and maybe Morhino... the styles are left behind by the new wave... age should he irrelevant, a d your right Rodgers is doing a very good job and has always got teams playing good football... 

• Thanks 1
59 minutes ago, WILF said:

I disagree with almost all of that mate.

We had a great time under Slav but that wasn’t standard stuff was it.....be honest, it wasn’t.

We have been a retirement home for journeymen managers, players at the end of careers and players who frankly are just in need of a job for years now.

We have brought on good youth, the best in fact.....then promptly sold them to go on to bigger and better things because we wanted the money and they knew they could never fulfil their potential as a player with us.

We had f**k all in a football sense I’m afraid mate......we live off past glories and conducting ourselves right as fans, that’s all.

I don’t mind that, doesn’t bother me in the slightest bit let’s not bullshit ourselves we are something we ain’t .

In a football sense we are a gift to everyone except ourselves.

It’s not good enough to say “blokes like you wanted to move” I’m afraid that won’t wash mate, what blokes like me want is to see a football team doing what a football team should do and that’s playing the best football and being the most competitive we can all the time.

By the way, I hope you understand I’m not throwing my burger at you just having a sensible mans football chat ? lol 

What do you mean it wasnt standard stuff.....no of course it wasnt....but thats good right ?

In the last 3 seasons at the old gaff we went from finishing 13th with 40 points......to finishing 12th the next year with 47 points......to finishing 7th the next year with 62 points......thats excellent and steady progress.....no ?......so what do you mean we had f**k all in a football sense ?

You say it doesnt wash and then say what you want  is a football team playing the best football and being the most competitive it can at all times.......but again.....thats exactly what we had.

As for our academy cup winning youth teams from years ago we had big numbers of players coming through as pros reaching the very highest level of the game.....of the under 21,s that won the cup in 2015 only Declan Rice has played a first team game since moving to the new place........so what is this new and improved West Ham ?.....beyond finance what has improved ?....dont forget 5 years is the time scale we was told to be expecting top 6 league finishes,and at 4 years we,re in a relegation battle !

Remember the first season when fans kept scrapping amongst themselves.....it was mostly down to conversations like this so yes keep your eye out for a stray burger.....minus the onions of course ?

30 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

The manager wouldnt be the same if we was at Upton Park....as a 2 bob club at Upton Park we usually went with ex players or at least managers who had an affiliation with the club.....so ok we move grounds trying to do the " big club " thing and pitch up with a big name manager who managed Real Madrid and Man City.

C'mon mate you had Allardyce, Moyes and I think that dour bloke Avram Grant at your old place for fairly long spells... hardly cutting edge management... Pellegrini is what you have had for a lot of years...other than Billic who I agree should have been allowed to build a team and stick at it...

The change of stadium isn't romantic for Hammers anymore, the manager is what you have had for the best part... and he ain't right for West Ham

Edited by NEWKID
6 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

C'mon mate you had Allardyce, Moyes and I think that dour bloke Avram Grant at your old place for fairly long spells... hardly cutting edge management... Pellegrini is what you have had for a lot of years...other than Billic who I agree should have been allowed to build a team and stick at it...

Tbe change of stadium isn't romantic for Hammers anymore, the manager is what you have had for the beat part... and he ain't right for West Ham

I think its 12 out of 17 managers in our history have been ex players/staff etc....the 4 you mention probably dont have 10 years between them......now ok i know theres no room for sentiment in todays game but just dragging in any ol prick because he used to manage big clubs doesnt make you a big club.

Look i know theres no magic recipe all i want to know is why fans who bought into all the bollocks and wanted the move are not screaming the place down demanding what we was all promised !

15 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

What do you mean it wasnt standard stuff.....no of course it wasnt....but thats good right ?

In the last 3 seasons at the old gaff we went from finishing 13th with 40 points......to finishing 12th the next year with 47 points......to finishing 7th the next year with 62 points......thats excellent and steady progress.....no ?......so what do you mean we had f**k all in a football sense ?

You say it doesnt wash and then say what you want  is a football team playing the best football and being the most competitive it can at all times.......but again.....thats exactly what we had.

As for our academy cup winning youth teams from years ago we had big numbers of players coming through as pros reaching the very highest level of the game.....of the under 21,s that won the cup in 2015 only Declan Rice has played a first team game since moving to the new place........so what is this new and improved West Ham ?.....beyond finance what has improved ?....dont forget 5 years is the time scale we was told to be expecting top 6 league finishes,and at 4 years we,re in a relegation battle !

Remember the first season when fans kept scrapping amongst themselves.....it was mostly down to conversations like this so yes keep your eye out for a stray burger.....minus the onions of course ?

i dont think i have seen a move divide fans more than westhams move reading fans forums  nash would you be happier finishing mid table still at upton or pushing on as promised higher up the league geniune question and why are some of theses coaches that win youth leagues cups etc not promoted to the first team as there normally ex players that know the club 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, gnasher16 said:

I think its 12 out of 17 managers in our history have been ex players/staff etc....the 4 you mention probably dont have 10 years between them......now ok i know theres no room for sentiment in todays game but just dragging in any ol prick because he used to manage big clubs doesnt make you a big club.

Look i know theres no magic recipe all i want to know is why fans who bought into all the bollocks and wanted the move are not screaming the place down demanding what we was all promised !

I get your point completely mate...it ain't my club, but I get it...you expect certain things from certain clubs and West Ham has a history which a lot of football fans recognise...

I'm not calling you out, but the management choices in the last 10 years or so have not been in keeping with what you as fans expect, regardless of the stadium...  you should be watching good football in a full stadium.... the next manager in has to be the right fit....you and the rest of your fans would know more than anyone who youd like...I was chuffed as f**k when Morhino went and Ole came in... I know he understands the club, the fans and the principles built over decades...that's why a few posts I suggested a an ex player... although not many have much experience...the next man in needs to bring excitement and energy to.the club....the results will.follow....

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Onions f***ing repeat on me anyway ! Lol

Maybe I’m missing something here but I am demanding more since the move, I have actually written it several times already.

I have said we could have had managers like Pellergrini and stayed put 

and

I have said I want to see a young new face and a different way of going to work to go with the shiny new tracksuit that is the new ground 

I don’t know how else to say it.

What we are doing is what we have always done and that wasn’t the f***ing deal as you have just pointed out yourself.

Yes I wanted the move because I believe teams should progress and it should have meant progression but it hasn’t, we have stood still 

20 hours ago, blackmaggie said:

i dont think i have seen a move divide fans more than westhams move reading fans forums  nash would you be happier finishing mid table still at upton or pushing on as promised higher up the league geniune question and why are some of theses coaches that win youth leagues cups etc not promoted to the first team as there normally ex players that know the club 

Id prefer to of stayed where we was mate but the clubs bigger than me and my generation of fans i get that so have accepted moving....but its got to of been for a reason and there has to be a benefit otherwise who gains anything.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, NEWKID said:

I get your point completely mate...it ain't my club, but I get it...you expect certain things from certain clubs and West Ham has a history which a lot of football fans recognise...

I'm not calling you out, but the management choices in the last 10 years or so have not been in keeping with what you as fans expect, regardless of the stadium...  you should be watching good football in a full stadium.... the next manager in has to be the right fit....you and the rest of your fans would know more than anyone who youd like...I was chuffed as f**k when Morhino went and Ole came in... I know he understands the club, the fans and the principles built over decades...that's why a few posts I suggested a an ex player... although not many have much experience...the next man in needs to bring excitement and energy to.the club....the results will.follow....

I was so proud when Gold and Sullivan took over,local lad off the manor done good....to me that was bragging rights especially when you see clubs getting by on foreign investment.........but that pride in the area can only take you so far.....now im seething with the c**ts ?......they have made terrible decisions and taken away everything we was proud of....they have given us 5 managers in 9 years,4 of which have no affiliation with the club,the academy was all but broken up on the say so of a silly fat bloke.....i never bought into their promises so i dont expect anything different....but those who did,why are they not demanding what they bought into !

20 hours ago, WILF said:

Onions f***ing repeat on me anyway ! Lol

Maybe I’m missing something here but I am demanding more since the move, I have actually written it several times already.

I have said we could have had managers like Pellergrini and stayed put 

and

I have said I want to see a young new face and a different way of going to work to go with the shiny new tracksuit that is the new ground 

I don’t know how else to say it.

What we are doing is what we have always done and that wasn’t the f***ing deal as you have just pointed out yourself.

Yes I wanted the move because I believe teams should progress and it should have meant progression but it hasn’t, we have stood still 

You said a few posts back you would accept relegation how is that demanding more ?

57 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

You said a few posts back you would accept relegation how is that demanding more ?

I’d accept it if it meant we could get out of this “just hover about in the prem” mentality and bring in any old hat manager to help us do it way of thinking.

If dropping down made us have the bottle to bring in someone who wants to do modern fresh stuff then I’d be happy.

Greenwood said himself “People come to West Ham to watch good football” and I’m sure he meant football played in the right way, not this shit.

As I don’t need to tell you our “academy of football” came from fresh thinking about the way you develope players, the ideas for was nicked from the Real Madrid team of the time and Tony Carr over 40 years produced some of the best players this country has ever seen.

Before his time it produced 3 World Cup winners.

That was all done off the back of trying to play good football the right way with lads who were thinking ahead of their time.

Too f***ing right I’m happy to go backwards in order to have a chance of recapturing a bit of that mentality mate.

Its where the games going now, we are being outdone at our own original game by these modern coaches mate, except they have moved it even further on.

If we are talking about roots and history of a football club, that’s ours pal.....f**k me, your the last bloke I probably need to tell that.

• Like 1

I can't believe a big club hasn't snapped up Eddie Howe. His CV/work ethic is out of this world. If Ollie doesn't cut it our place, Howe would be my first choice manager with a  five year contract. Eventually old farts are replaced by ambitious young bucks. I think he's not only destined for a big club but also England manager.

Edited by jukel123
  • Like 1