Liverpool

1 minute ago, NEWKID said:

I've said from the start to stick with him mate... whoever is in charge has a fair job to do and I reckon he's doing ok

they are beginning to look and play like a man Utd team again ....I am going to wash my hands after typing that .

• Haha 3

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Easy starting a topic about your club when they’re sitting top. Takes a real man to keep a thread going to over eighty pages for the 52nd best club in the country. Ahhh, now that’s Bisto ?

Klopp out ..     Been saying it for weeks now  Henderson and Milne .let's gone   Salah over the hill   Firmino teeth too white    Mane what the fuks going

I think plenty of chaps of my/our generation will be quite pleased that the big team when we was all young are back on top......i always said id love to of been a Liverpool fan but you cant just choos

Posted Images

A lot depends on the starting point, and given who OSG followed and the chaos they had caused, I reckon that he is doing  OK. It takes years to undo the mess left behind some times.

Edited by Nicepix
8 hours ago, NEWKID said:

I've said from the start to stick with him mate... whoever is in charge has a fair job to do and I reckon he's doing ok

If he gets united in the top 5 Kev I think he will be there for another season at least.............hopefully ?

• Like 1
9 hours ago, WILF said:

Was at the non league yesterday with the boy, playing Haringey Borough.

Proper bit of edgey, aggressive English football.

Proper tackles, just enough nastiness to make it interesting, decent men’s football talk......£18 for me and the boy to get in!

Local team ended up winning 4-2.

Great afternoon out for less than 20 quid.

Same here mate 3-2 loss for my little mob theres some quality knocking about down them leagues no question about it.

Anyway never mind that should be an easy 3 points for us tomorrow night :whistling:

• Haha 1

I normally don’t give it big licks about beating rangers as I’ve always historically ended on my arse when I’ve said there awful 

but today was pretty good in the plethora of trophy wins we’ve been lucky with in recent years 

i grew up as a Celtic fan and was going when we were more total shite than total football . When your boyhood bedroom posters up are anton rogan and Stuart slater you know it’s grim.

In the heady days of 2003 under O’Neill , my mates grandad was getting on , he didn’t get to many games and he urged us to get to as many as we can as “these times won’t last boys , they’ll be back and remember this is Celtic “ 

true to form no club is ran as a shite as mine. We’re a disgrace at times . 

When I had my boy , I swore that I’d never make him be a celt , that I couldn’t do it to him . 

That went out the window today at the final whistle when I tore round the living room like a lunatic with him on my shoulders . 

Theres two ways to win a derby , you can hammer a shite team and really rub it in . I don’t like that . 

Or like today you can be second best all over the park to a team managed by Steven Gerard ,

scuff in a totally against the run of play goal with three offside players ???

get sent down to ten men , seconds later and watch their 50 million rated forward ???? Sky the penalty right into your keepers hands then proceed to act like he’s never kicked a ball in his life . 

Carlsberg don’t do old firm cup finals . 

Days that football is meant for . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
38 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Same here mate 3-2 loss for my little mob theres some quality knocking about down them leagues no question about it.

Anyway never mind that should be an easy 3 points for us tomorrow night :whistling:

It was funny mate, they were reading out the teams over the speakers and every single Haringey player was a Cypriot or an African ! Lol

it was all “Popudopules this and Bwgangofanso that “ Lol 

I was having a laugh with a couple of old boys saying “the new foreign player Fred Smith is on the bench” 

Going again Tuesday night before we fly home.....should be a way to get over the mauling at Arsenal.

Having a look at our midfield pace, Lundberg mite even rig out himself ! Lol 

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, WILF said:

It was funny mate, they were reading out the teams over the speakers and every single Haringey player was a Cypriot or an African ! Lol

it was all “Popudopules this and Bwgangofanso that “ Lol 

I was having a laugh with a couple of old boys saying “the new foreign player Fred Smith is on the bench” 

Going again Tuesday night before we fly home.....should be a way to get over the mauling at Arsenal.

Having a look at our midfield pace, Lundberg mite even rig out himself ! Lol 

Well Haringey is a culturally enriched borough so at least it beats raping and pillaging on a Saturday afternoon.

No be positive mate if we beat them 7 nil we go above them in the table ?

• Haha 1
10 hours ago, blackmaggie said:

maybe time for a change before the window wilf 

Mate, imho, unless they are prepared to do something radically different and fresh then there’s just no point in ironing out the £10 million it’s going to cost to see Pellegrini down the road......we will just end up with another version of the same.

Id genuinely rather see us relegated then just go down the same old boring road again.

1 hour ago, WILF said:

Mate, imho, unless they are prepared to do something radically different and fresh then there’s just no point in ironing out the £10 million it’s going to cost to see Pellegrini down the road......we will just end up with another version of the same.

Id genuinely rather see us relegated then just go down the same old boring road again.

Sorry if it seems like im digging you out mate im not you know the club as well as me....but this was always going to be the type of issue we would come up against by making the decision to be " a big club ".......chucking money at it is what big clubs do Wilf !.....i know i harp on about it but i never wanted to be a big club in a shiny big ground i was happy with being a shit club in a shit ground but people like me was ignored.....so ok we go along with it as we love the club but then as soon as our expectations become that of fans of big clubs we get told " slow down son we,re only West Ham you know "

Relegation would be disastrous for us......promises upheld we was looking at top 7 or 8 by now and we,re nowhere near that so if we,re a big club we have to make a big change and its obvious to anyone that the big name manager we brought in is f****n useless so bin him.....if we get nothing at Southampton on Saturday he,ll be gone.

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Sorry if it seems like im digging you out mate im not you know the club as well as me....but this was always going to be the type of issue we would come up against by making the decision to be " a big club ".......chucking money at it is what big clubs do Wilf !.....i know i harp on about it but i never wanted to be a big club in a shiny big ground i was happy with being a shit club in a shit ground but people like me was ignored.....so ok we go along with it as we love the club but then as soon as our expectations become that of fans of big clubs we get told " slow down son we,re only West Ham you know "

Relegation would be disastrous for us......promises upheld we was looking at top 7 or 8 by now and we,re nowhere near that so if we,re a big club we have to make a big change and its obvious to anyone that the big name manager we brought in is f****n useless so bin him.....if we get nothing at Southampton on Saturday he,ll be gone.

I don’t think you are digging me out at all mate.

I think that it’s a hard one, it’s a quandary mate.

We all like being little old us, go’s without saying.

But on the flip side and as you well know professional sport is about progression.....you want to be moving forward.

So the complex thing was/is, do we want to be little old us or do we have to understand that we follow a professional sporting club  that has to move forward ? 

I suppose the point I’m making (badly!) is that we can’t have both, not in modern sport.

At the minute it’s the worst of both worlds, now I don’t particularly care which it ends up......But just hanging in a state of constant limbo is rubbish.

It we want to move on then let’s move on and do something exciting and fresh and different and go and have a real go.

If we don’t then let’s just go to a division where at least our fans can enjoy the odd game for their hard earned money.

Theres f**k all worse than planning for and being happy with  mediocrity in sport, It has to be do or die anytime you compete at anything.