Liverpool

Would like to see Everton stuck with silva and get two wins and ease into mid table 

saying that , the defence was woeful tonight , either stick with a mobile forward or play a high line . 6ft plus defenders should not be getting beat in the air as easy as that or allow balls over the top 

Richarlison looks lost in that team tonight 

• Like 1

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Easy starting a topic about your club when they’re sitting top. Takes a real man to keep a thread going to over eighty pages for the 52nd best club in the country. Ahhh, now that’s Bisto ?

Klopp out ..     Been saying it for weeks now  Henderson and Milne .let's gone   Salah over the hill   Firmino teeth too white    Mane what the fuks going

I think plenty of chaps of my/our generation will be quite pleased that the big team when we was all young are back on top......i always said id love to of been a Liverpool fan but you cant just choos

Posted Images

Just to add thAt some of Liverpool’s phases were completely sublime tonight. Those little into feet balls are so cute and teasing it’s so difficult for centrehalfs not to come and challenge out. 

There was a moment that summed Everton up tonight for me with Richarlison doing an obvious give and go but not receiving the return. He bent his run back and you could see he was skipping  in frustration at not getting it back. 

The trouble with that is that that liverpool team hunt in packs and with pressure of space it takes a very calm detached player to get anywhere into feet in the channel between the mid shielding and the defence . 

You do your damage there against teams and it was basically non  existant there tonight. For a team like Barca last year , they were crowded out massively in those same channels at Anfield . 

Think of the team as a swan in a river , the head is the forwards but that midfield and the centre half’s  are doing a lot of legwork under the water to kill the space and stretch the team . 

An absolute testement to the quality of what’s happening in melwood with interval training etc to allow squad players to come in and make it happen seamlessly regardless of the 11 on the pitch 

a joy to watch   

Edited by THE STIFFMEISTER
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
19 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

2. It will ruin my football banter , gerrard will probably sneak rangers over the line in Scotland , I And “have you ever seen gerrard win the league 

your doctor will be along shortly mr stiffmeister

9 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Just to add thAt some of Liverpool’s phases were completely sublime tonight. Those little into feet balls are so cute and teasing it’s so difficult for centrehalfs not to come and challenge out. 

There was a moment that summed Everton up tonight for me with Richarlison doing an obvious give and go but not receiving the return. He bent his run back and you could see he was skipping  in frustration at not getting it back. 

The trouble with that is that that liverpool team hunt in packs and with pressure of space it takes a very calm detached player to get anywhere into feet in the channel between the mid shielding and the defence . 

You do your damage there against teams and it was basically non  existant there tonight. For a team like Barca last year , they were crowded out massively in those same channels at Anfield . 

Think of the team as a swan in a river , the head is the forwards but that midfield and the centre half’s  are doing a lot of legwork under the water to kill the space and stretch the team . 

An absolute testement to the quality of what’s happening in melwood with interval training etc to allow squad players to come in and make it happen seamlessly regardless of the 11 on the pitch 

a joy to watch   

That my brother is a great football post.

9 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

a joy to watch   

Great post mate.. 

They are incredible going forwards, either down the flanks or through the middle... there is movement off the ball across the pitch so options are endless, some of the long balls played were perfect, but movement which makes that space was the bit for me that is special...no hit and hope, its training ground drills working to perfection.

God it's hard being a UTD fan and enjoying watching this side play...

Mind you, I thought Ole done a great job last night, Spurs and Morhino were completely nullified in the main, I behind the man...

• Like 2

I have not watched our game yet but I heard we played Haller as lone striker and they are saying the bloke looks miserable.

Im not surprised, lone striker is the most soul destroying formation a forward can play.....it’s genuinely terrible.

Its negative and it’s shite......if you want to crush a forwards soul that’s exactly the way you do it.

29 minutes ago, WILF said:

I have not watched our game yet but I heard we played Haller as lone striker and they are saying the bloke looks miserable.

Im not surprised, lone striker is the most soul destroying formation a forward can play.....it’s genuinely terrible.

Its negative and it’s shite......if you want to crush a forwards soul that’s exactly the way you do it.

Unless it is Jamie Vardy. He seems to thrive on the role.

25 minutes ago, WILF said:

Wilf it was diabolical.....i dont know if ive ever told you that Mark Nobles legs have gone ?....but if Pellegrini couldnt see that last night then i dont know how he has gone as far as he has in the game....i dont claim to be a tactical genius i havent played the game so dont profess to know as much as others,but f**k me its so obvious our problems are not in defence as some claim its our midfield we constantly get overun and end up with Anderson dropping deep to link up with Rice because Nobles legs constantly leave him out of position,even without the ball he,s holding the side back !.....as for Haller,why would you pay 45 mill for a player thats clearly 2 stone overweight and then stick him up front on his own against Wolves !....we went out and put it on Chelsea the other day and then last night got bullied by Wolves for crying out loud !.....the geezers got to go i never liked him he doesnt suit this club.....and to top that the c**t apparently then says " i wont blame individual players we were the better team in the second half "....f****n roll on id rather have you in charge Wilf !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
10 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

a joy to watch   

Yep great post squire....97% of it went straight over my head but it sounds like you know your shit thats good enough for me ?

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

Wilf it was diabolical.....i dont know if ive ever told you that Mark Nobles legs have gone ?....but if Pellegrini couldnt see that last night then i dont know how he has gone as far as he has in the game....i dont claim to be a tactical genius i havent played the game so dont profess to know as much as others,but f**k me its so obvious our problems are not in defence as some claim its our midfield we constantly get overun and end up with Anderson dropping deep to link up with Rice because Nobles legs constantly leave him out of position,even without the ball he,s holding the side back !.....as for Haller,why would you pay 45 mill for a player thats clearly 2 stone overweight and then stick him up front on his own against Wolves !....we went out and put it on Chelsea the other day and then last night got bullied by Wolves for crying out loud !.....the geezers got to go i never liked him he doesnt suit this club.....and to top that the c**t apparently then says " i wont blame individual players we were the better team in the second half "....f****n roll on id rather have you in charge Wilf !

I have been saying for a few years mate, these old managers are so far behind the curve it’s just not true......I knew it was going to be same old, same old when they appointed him.

Those Cowley brothers would be perfect for us by the sounds of it.

3 hours ago, WILF said:

Drogba was possibly the best lone striker in the true sense I can remember....he loved it!!

Just now, NEWKID said:

Drogba was possibly the best lone striker in the true sense I can remember....he loved it!!

Which is possible when defences have Frankie Lampard to think about mate, don’t you reckon ?

• Like 1
Just now, WILF said:

Which is possible when defences have Frankie Lampard to think about mate, don’t you reckon ?

Agreed, look at the new Chelsea formation/style...abraham up front mount or pusilic running off him....you need willing runners off him..

Unfortunately as you and Gnasher keep saying, Nobles legs have gone lol

• Like 2
1 minute ago, NEWKID said:

Agreed, look at the new Chelsea formation/style...abraham up front mount or pusilic running off him....you need willing runners off him..

Unfortunately as you and Gnasher keep saying, Nobles legs have gone lol

You know the score mate.

Lone forward can work if you have agressive attacking mid fields and wide players because what you do without the ball is as important as the rare times you have the ball, if your mid following up can hit teams hard and fast in the gaps you create it’s a winner.

Im willing to bet that what we did wasn’t that, what we did was have a “Target man” (god I hate that term!) and hope we could scrabble a few knock downs while keeping most of team behind the ball to try not to loose!

Thats pure shit that is.

• Like 1