Liverpool

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Easy starting a topic about your club when they’re sitting top. Takes a real man to keep a thread going to over eighty pages for the 52nd best club in the country. Ahhh, now that’s Bisto ?

Klopp out ..     Been saying it for weeks now  Henderson and Milne .let's gone   Salah over the hill   Firmino teeth too white    Mane what the fuks going

I think plenty of chaps of my/our generation will be quite pleased that the big team when we was all young are back on top......i always said id love to of been a Liverpool fan but you cant just choos

Posted Images

Liverpool have some iconic moments in fairness. Watching all their diehard unloyal fans running home from the pub stagging at half time when they were losing the champions league final only to return 10 minutes after the final whistle like a herd of cattle celebrating pretending they never left and Gerrard never winning the premier league are some of my fondest memories.???

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

What I liked about last night's result is that it was played like a testimonial. The only difference is that both teams were full of players nobody has ever heard of instead of players everybody had forgotten about. ?

18 hours ago, WILF said:

It isn’t called the theatre of dreams for nothing mate but I’d say you take that view because you know better, lots and lots of Unt fans did start to think of it as ordinary, expected and mundane......they were getting to watch Scholes, Giggs, Robson, Rooney, Ronaldo, Van Nistlerooy, Veron, Beckham etc etc etc week in, week out and moaning like f**k if they finished 2nd ! 

The rest of us always knew it was fantasy football.

At least Utd,s " what shall we win next " attitude stemmed from a lot of home grown talent....City,s " what next " attitude has been purely based on " who shall we buy next "

Utd are still giants of the game....City are still 2 bob to most fans.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 4
On 31/10/2019 at 20:16, sid g said:

i`d sooner see a a team built on buttons finish well than a bought team .. the likes of wolves leics ..i think everyone loves an under dog in any sport 

Agreed....although Wolves have had massive investment of late.

Let’s not have short memories here 

liverpool fans will become worse than united , they have a sense of entitlement already and the average koppite is becoming unbearable of late . 

Lets not pretend liverpool have developed this the right way , they have spent some serious money , this is no rags to riches story , it’s one of the top 5 clubs moving forward with finally the correct investment . 

As a supporter of neither team , it’s great to watch them both, for a lifelong city fan , the last decade must seem like a Christmas dream come true , for a Liverpool fan , it must be nice to finally come full circle from the likes of Neil rudduck john scales etc 

i must admit though a part of me wishes someone would catch them , someone like Leicester or god forbid Tottenham just to shut up some of the koppites at work 

I think city will beat them next week , I just have a feeling that liverpool will die a little post Xmas , the united game was a biggie imho , if they’d win comprehensively at old Trafford they could have kicked in with that mental barrier gone. As it is , they still look like a balloon ready to burst , yesterday’s result was the hallmark of champions . 

Anyway what a great start to the p l season 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

or god forbid Tottenham just to shut up some of the koppites at work 

You say stuff like that on purpose to upset me don’t you ! 

Maintaining that level all season requires something very special imho.......it’s Total, unwavering focus, determination, belief and aggression to achieve by every player, the manager, the staff.

Its a bushido type mentality to never lay down and die, it’s require players to step in at key moments if they see a teammate dropping away and making them stand on the shoulders of giants.

Its a state of mind.......

• Like 2

Do you think wilf Liverpool's strength in depth compared to city's could be there undoing or what happened and of last season in the league because as much as I like watching both play i would like Liverpool to win it this time 

Edited by Blackmag
3 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

Do you think wilf Liverpool's strength in depth compared to city's could be there undoing or what happened and of last season in the league because as much as I like watching both play i would like Liverpool to win it this time 

Couldnt honestly tell you mate, I don’t know enough about the respective squads and who they have.

However, I think purely from a football fans point of view most proper fans would like to see a grand old lady like Liverpool win the league than they would the likes of the Man City’s of this world.

purely from a players point of view the league never lies and the best team win.

100 points is a 100 points, you can’t argue with that even if you hate City with a passion.

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

I think when souness went in he tried to change them to a big hard team and tried to do it to fast it didn't work I think that's when it started but I like klopp as a manager but can they keep it up all season 

I think he had a difficult time , remember he was a youngish manager with a squad of aging stars , Barnes , Beardsley , rush , some of his signings didn’t have the effect he desired Michael Thomas , mark walters , latterly dean saunders , 

he had several very good young players , mcmanaman , rob jones (who is a gamekeeper I believe nowadays ) and several who didn’t make the grade , Mike Marsh being the prime example 

the beginning of the period of wilderness for Liverpool 

who do sounesses teams remind you of in the modern game? 

A club icon struggling in the midst of a varyingly talented team ... 

• Like 2

Two hours long but this is one of the best football related things I’ve watched in a while 

Roy Keane and Gary Neville interviewed in a studio in Dublin , some very good stories and a great insight into Keane as a player , a manager and a man . 

Neville more of a sidekick here but it passed two hours on a long journey for me 

well worth it for a united man , or anyone with an interest in that era 

• Like 2