Pop master radio 2

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Would you like to say any hellos Malcolm " " Just a few Ken.....id like to say hello to my wife she is the greatest wife a man could wish for and thanks for putting up with my moods darling i lo

Hate it when you get great score when nobody with you

Worked in isle of mull year's ago on my own and the only station I could get was the outer Hebrides broadcasting company still paint ohbc on my wheelbarrows sounded like someone strangling a cat

6 hours ago, NEWKID said:

I have mate, watched the Fleetwood Mac one on the Rumours album, now that was a hard gig for Mick Fleetwood with the fighting couples writing awkward songs about each other! 

I'll check.out the Breath...

Yeah, the Fleetwood Mac programme was epic mate.

Now, I can’t play an instrument to save me life but I really liked listening to Lyndsey Buckingham, the bloke seems like the ultimate perfection technician........all those little things that just pass you by in the finished song but it would be a different song if they were never in there.....fantastic

I love listening to talented people, I really do.

12 hours ago, WILF said:

This will probably make most of you piss yourselves laughing but over here I listen to Gaelic speaking station that Plays mostly traditional Gaelic folk music !......it’s just seems to fit with things and I can’t really hack listening to the English speaking channels and their painful monologue.

Cant understand a f***ing word of it by the way ! Lol ? 

When I’m in England, absolute 80s 

Radio na gaeltachta.

Good station that, with good local chit chats, they  broadcast just down the road from me.

Atb j 

• Like 1
Just now, jetro said:

Radio na gaeltachta.

Good station that, with good local chit chats, they  broadcast just down the road from me.

Atb j 

The one I listen to is called RTE Annag or something like that mate.

Bit of a strange thing to say but it just seems to fit with the landscape......maybe that’s just me being a weirdo ! Lol 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, WILF said:

Bit of a strange thing to say but it just seems to fit with the landscape......maybe that’s just me being a weirdo ! Lol 

You'll be writing poetry next ffs!! Lol

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, WILF said:

That's the one, 

Some nice lively toe tapping tunes on there.

Nothing weird,  your getting in touch with your celtic side LOL 

Atb j

• Like 1

Watched a thing on RTE last night when I got back from football called “Other Voices” , they was in an old church in Belfast which has been converted to an arts centre and they had some fantastic musicians on there.

Snow Patrol, a young girl called Roe, The Academic, a lad called James Burnside (I think that was his name), The Breath who I really like.......all acoustic and it was bloody brilliant.

17 hours ago, FLATTOP said:

I listen to Radio 2 because it plays varied old school music but without a doubt their best presenter and program is Huey Morgan early doors Saturday morning shift workers will know he has a little section called swinging the Led, it’s great Zeppelin fans will get it.

Back in the day when I used to drive all night Cesar the Boogie man Invicta FM and Ian Collins and the creatures of the night talk radio both classic phone ins. 

???ceaser the Boogieman.Are you a kent lad?

2 hours ago, downsouth said:

???ceaser the Boogieman.Are you a kent lad?

No lol we can get Invicta over here in Essex but he did a stint at Essex FM for a while until he got banged up for something or other involving money.

I am from East London originally Isle of Dogs. 

Edited by FLATTOP
  • Like 1
19 hours ago, FLATTOP said:

No lol we can get Invicta over here in Essex but he did a stint at Essex FM for a while until he got banged up for something or other involving money.

I am from East London originally Isle of Dogs. 

Im sure he got banged up for embezzling money from a charity that he was running.Something to do with horse riding for disabled and special needs kids.There was large groups of idiots protesting outside Invicta studios for months when he got the sack??.The studios were in the same building as the nightclub in Canterbury back when it was the only place in Canterbury that was open after 11.30

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, downsouth said:

Im sure he got banged up for embezzling money from a charity that he was running.Something to do with horse riding for disabled and special needs kids.There was large groups of idiots protesting outside Invicta studios for months when he got the sack??.The studios were in the same building as the nightclub in Canterbury back when it was the only place in Canterbury that was open after 11.30

He did come across as a dodgy Geezer, see what I done there lol Cesar the Geezer but his shows were addictive it was a combination of his unique way and the multiple nutters ringing in good old school madness I remember one phone in he had loads of people standing on their shed roofs looking for UFOs lol...? 

Union Jack radio was good for a while. Their policy was not having presenters, just music. Now they have presenters on their breakfast show. The problem with radio  presenters, and sports presenters, is that they are paid to speak. Not their fault I suppose but it results in them speaking even when they have nothing worth saying. They just talk shite because that is what they are being paid to do. Does my head in.