Worst start possible

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't blame yourself pal... You did your best by him in the short time you had him, that's something to be proud of?

I thought this would be the inevitable result when I read your first post. Whatever the problem was it was something there was no way out of. You acted responsibly, did your best and now all you can d

Not the result I wanted , had to have him put to sleep  Thanks for all the support its appreciated

3 hours ago, Dinosaurs said:

Have vets given you any idea whats caused it? Hope he pulls through bud  Atb

They tried a fair bit for him , glucose levels were way down but they couldn't stabilise them all night , got them to level out this morning but temperature was sky high and wouldn't come down , he was still semi comatose and twitching like mad . Then started severe bloody diarrhoea so suspect some sort of poisoning but hard to say exactly what . Last resort was general anesthetic to knock him right out and gradually bring him round . While under his temperature dropped to normal and he relaxed the twitching . On bringing him round again he went back to exactly as he was before , by then I had seen he was suffering and not going to pull through so made the decision. 

Edited by runner neil
  • Like 2