The Election

3 minutes ago, BGD said:

Do you think there's really any appetite for libertarianism in the UK? Look at the polling for support of the NHS, welfare state and even nationalisation of utilities etc, the majority of the British public favour a big state taking care of the citizens and taking control of key industries.

You only have to look at how people are still talking about Tory/Labour even after what we have witnessed the last 3 and a bit years mate......literally folks ha w got amnesia that the Torys have mugged them off as much as any other party in Westminster.

They have not suddenly changed from a bunch of pricks into defenders of democracy in 8 weeks !

People are brainwashed to think it’s Tory, labour or nothing.

i say to them, just vote for someone else.....anybody else !

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just seen these 2 out front of the house they walked from stoke on trent and heading for houses of parliment lol some walk .. and they want us out the eu .. fair play to em i say the old girl watetere

I have been a Labour voter all my life and live in a staunch Labour constituency, same MP for 49 years. corbyn as prime minister is simply a frightening thought. Labour have done everything to avoid b

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, WILF said:

You only have to look at how people are still talking about Tory/Labour even after what we have witnessed the last 3 and a bit years mate......literally folks ha w got amnesia that the Torys have mugged them off as much as any other party in Westminster.

They have not suddenly changed from a bunch of pricks into defenders of democracy in 8 weeks !

People are brainwashed to think it’s Tory, labour or nothing.

i say to them, just vote for someone else.....anybody else !

I just think libertarianism is just a non-starter in a country like the UK, Farage figured that out with the Brexit party pushing a much more populist economic message calling for massive infrastructure spending etc because he's understood that bulk of Brits just won't support libertarian economic policy.

Even the Leave campaign which could have gone down a libertarian path in arguing against the EU was full of populist economic messaging, they didn't put "we send £350m a week to the EU, let's cut your taxes instead" on the side of a bus did they

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Shite the bed it’s big gay dave?

hows things buddy? See they let ye back out your cage to canvas on here for votes ? good to see ye back pal?

Corbyn says I'm not allowed to stop posting on here during elections until I get at least one of you c**ts to vote Labour.

So I don't think I'll be going anywhere anytime soon :cray:

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, BGD said:

I just think libertarianism is just a non-starter in a country like the UK, Farage figured that out with the Brexit party pushing a much more populist economic message calling for massive infrastructure spending etc because he's understood that bulk of Brits just won't support libertarian economic policy.

Even the Leave campaign which could have gone down a libertarian path in arguing against the EU was full of populist economic messaging, they didn't put "we send £350m a week to the EU, let's cut your taxes instead" on the side of a bus did they

It is a non starter mate, but that is only because of the mindset.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, W. Katchum said:

Never know mate I think wilf is on the fence An max will do the opposite of the London crew so try get em to vote Tory an ye jamming ?

If I was actually trying to convert anyone on here'd it'd definitely be max, he's already a leftist going by the policy he supports he just doesn't know it yet :D

1 hour ago, WILF said:

It is a non starter mate, but that is only because of the mindset.

I just don't see that mindset changing really, of course if I let polling stop me campaigning for what I believe in I would have given it up as a bad job decades ago. You never know what's coming round the corner to shift the public's thinking.

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, WILF said:

One things absolutely certain, f**k all will get better no matter which main party prick gets elected .

Depends where you're at in society really doesn't it? Folks like me and you who are comfortable and somewhat removed from the daily grind don't really notice much difference from one government to the next but for the folks struggling on Universal Credit or on a zero hours contract in some hell hole distribution centre, relying on foodbanks and living in substandard over priced housing government policy can have a huge impact on their daily lives for the better or worse.

• Like 1

If that commie prick gets elected we will all notice. For those of us fighting to stay hold of fieldsports, especially those who rely on them for jobs and homes it will be the end. 

Our future kids will notice it as well. If you think immigration is bad now....you ain't seen nothing yet! 

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, BGD said:

Depends where you're at in society really doesn't it? Folks like me and you who are comfortable and somewhat removed from the daily grind don't really notice much difference from one government to the next but for the folks struggling on Universal Credit or on a zero hours contract in some hell hole distribution centre, relying on foodbanks and living in substandard over priced housing government policy can have a huge impact on their daily lives for the better or worse.

Mate, I have witnessed what 25 years of Labour and Tory administration have done to my old area, comfortable don’t come into it.......there’s a few million quid houses in my old area but it’s like having the best house in Beirut !!

Policy from both parties has literally destroyed the place, you may think I’m being over dramatic but in fact I’m not even close to describing how bad the changes have been.

BOTH parties did that......

• Like 1

We are powerless to direct this country by voting as you have seen the last 3 yrs

So instead of stressing over it.

Just do what I do. and spend some time down at the turkey farm sanctuary live web cam.in Watkins Glen.NY.

The crows are annoying though..

https://explore.org/livecams/farm-sanctuary/turkey-barn-farm-sanctuary

Or pop inside the sheep barn for a bit.

https://explore.org/livecams/farm-sanctuary/sheep-barn-farm-sanctuary

• Haha 2
55 minutes ago, socks said:

Cheers mate that narrows it down to about 900 possibilities ???  ..........

Soz mate, I got the cheapest Sky package (entertainment?) And I can get it, can't mind the Channel though? ?

Cheers, D.

• Like 1