Empty heads breeding litters

Is it just me or is there some proper cranks breeding litters at the moment or even generally..seen a litter of deer grey x collie greys £325..on what planet does a lurcher pup warrant changing hands for that kind of money in the first place!!! ( exception of course blood )..and then given capability of the deerhound greyhound,a once formidable warrior n pot filler..turns out to be a ferreted n joy to own n takes all legal quarry...so how can they sign the pups off as will make decent all rounders!!!..beggars believe!!

Edited by slip-em quick
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not after a pup u scruffy Smack head looking FCK .jus curious,

I really don’t think £325 is a lot of money for a dog that could give you 12-15 years of graft and companionship. I’d much rather pay £325 for the right dog than £50 for the wrong one. I’ve spent lite

can't remember the last time i bought a pup be it lurcher or terrier as if you in a good tight circle of people you won't ever have to put your hand in your pocket atb cbx 

Posted Images

Appreciate work your saying mukka..but like i said im not looking for a pup..but the old minds still sharp n curiosity gets the better of me some times so i av an occasional look what's about..but proper riles my blood to see folks trying to have fellow dog men's pants down..just because a juk can catch a rabbit doesn't make it a world beater..a border collie can lamp...as the old saying gos..just cos a dogs born in a stable.doesn't make it a race horse!!

I really don’t think £325 is a lot of money for a dog that could give you 12-15 years of graft and companionship. I’d much rather pay £325 for the right dog than £50 for the wrong one. I’ve spent literally thousands of pounds putting my injured dogs back together over the years and done it willingly so would have no problems paying that for the right well breed pup. In case anyone is wondering I have never sold a dog in my life and I am not defending my own pricing policy! I paid £350 15 years ago when that was a serious amount of money to me for a well breed lurcher pup I had waited several years to come up and had 12 of the best years with him and would have paid 10 times that for him as it turned out as to me he was priceless. 

If a dogs not worth £325 to a person should they really be owning one???

• Like 7
55 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Slip - em quick, what exactly is your gripe mate? Most well bred lurchers have been that price for a number of years. £325 for a well bred deer/grey x collie/grey is well worth it

Or a £1 a day or 7 quid a week cant buy you 2 drinks in some pubs fair price I say .

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Saltmoon said:

Someone put up on here a while back some lurchers they found on pets for homes  add was something like rare tiger stripe lurcher 1200 notes now that is having people's pants down 325 ain't to bad. 

That was me I think and seen them regularly £500+ especially merles or unusual colours .

23 minutes ago, abrasivewheel said:

Or a £1 a day or 7 quid a week cant buy you 2 drinks in some pubs fair price I say .

?? 

£3 a pint over 7 days is £21. We all know plenty of people that spend treble that, at least, on the piss.

I could own, train, feed and work 6 good sized lurchers for that amount

Edited by shaaark