What to use for long net posts ??

On 28/10/2019 at 20:04, W. Katchum said:

If ye want trad nets then use hazel or similar but if ye want a basket set up buy fibre glass an grommets as anythin else is only temp an trampy as fcuk ?

I use similar then Willow got acres and acres of the stuff growing around here destined for the power stations eventually but may have to stock up on it as the subsidies are going to end next August, so what are the farmers going to do then? well on speaking to one of the landowners hes toying with the idea of growing Snowdrops!!!

Y.I.S Leeview

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
46 minutes ago, maxwell said:

Seem a bit short for quickset net , I think you need them longer so they sit in the top of the basket

As i said never used a quick set ? So you may be right with shorter stakes on trads it gives you a little more kill in the net ?

On 13/05/2020 at 06:37, Loton Moocher said:

Never used a quick set but poles inbetween 18 and 20 inch 4 trad nets

I suppose it depends on how far u are spacing your poles when setting, but 18 inch is to short in my eyes. If your sticking it in the ground say 4 inches that only leaves 14 inches above ground. A few of my nets are only 13 meshes deep, and they hung fine on 24" poles at 5yd spacing, and I didn't bother angling the poles much either.