My Head is Still Spinning

Where to start ?????????????????

Well i was supposed to set off at 4am to go to si,s but slept through the alarm lol

so i set off around 10am sat morning hit the road got through the tunnel and hit road works and diversions on the a19

witch sent me on to the a1 and on the way home lol

some things not right here i sayd so got back on the south bound carriage way and made my own diversions

i had past a van earlier on with two lads in it parked up on one of the round abouts laughing there heads off

and on the way back a car was parked up behind them and a big bloke had one by the neck against the van

i think they had changed all the diversion signs around .

Any way made it back onto the a19 and headed to si,s when i got there Phil (philpot) was there and i handed him the gun case and the vangard porter aim wich he has on permanent loan

we had a good crack and a few coffees then it was time for phil to go we sayd our good byes

and sorted our gear out for the nights shooting we set off at dark when we hit the perm there were a good few rabbits about

ground was wet and i took three strait out with the crown one after the other (all close together)range was at zero 35yrds on all of them

then the frost hit not hard at first .

The frosty mist hit first and you could not see through the scopes jusst red out in the scopes it soon past then the frost hit hard and every thing just vanished just like some one had hit a switch all the rabbits just disappeared gone not one was to be seen .

any way we ended up with 8 before we headed home with a quick trip to the take away and two mega parmasan,s   and chips of coarse

lol.

Sunday we went to Dels as him and Si had some thing planed for me me and del started arguing with in 5mins of seing each other as we do lol

nothing changed there then we loaded all the gear into his car and off we set only 5mins up the road and we were on one of his perms

he set the rifles up along with si and the target bored was in place dell shot his first then passed his rifle over to me saying YOU HAD BETTER HIT THE TARGET OR YOU WILL NEVER HERE THE LAST OF IT ON THL

so no pressure then del lol

any way i did not let him down put 4 in the same target his mag holds three rounds 6.5x55 rounds i reloaded and put the fourth in the same group that will do for me del i must of put about 40 or 50 rounds through that rifle (letting it cool down in between mags ).

Si did good to with the 223 a 5 shot group and me putting a 6.5x55 round in the middle of his group

I did not do as good with the 223 mind as the scope was set for si and not me all shots were out to 100mtrs set up with a range finder

Del is a hell of a shot along with si when it comes to live rounds i may still have a ways to go .

My head is spinning what a week end iv had lads and i cant THANK THEM BOTH ENOUGH

Del gave me his sons bsa to refurbish the stock on and to touch up the blueing on it

and i got an invite out one day to go shoot some deer cant get any better than that

Del ill have this rifle done toot sweet and be back down soon mate .

Thank you both so much lads dose not seem enough

But you have made an old man very happy again

in si,s words it was ace

naaaaaaa si this time it was BLOODY FANTASTIC

THANK YOU BOTH ONCE AGAIN

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

PS did not get any pics of the rifles lads but si and del may put some up

Del my mouth is still burning off that curry mate lol

IMG_20191026_201301.jpg

• Like 6

Brilliant day for you there Jimmy, I am pleased you had a good un mate.

It was good to see you both albeit a little brief with si having to pop to a job and you getting stuck on the journey south, it is a rare thing for me to get to Si's house before you. I got home before the headlights went on so no problems with my eyes I am pleased to say.

The Vanguard is spot on Jimmy, love it.

Si is there any chance of making me one of those .223 squeekers please as we sort of got sidetracked.

I think it would be good if we managed to have a clay session either at Humberside or that one near you, Cottondale, or something that sounds like that you can use my gun Jimmy to shoot a round mate, might even bring Trish.

Phil

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, philpot said:

Brilliant day for you there Jimmy, I am pleased you had a good un mate.

It was good to see you both albeit a little brief with si having to pop to a job and you getting stuck on the journey south, it is a rare thing for me to get to Si's house before you. I got home before the headlights went on so no problems with my eyes I am pleased to say.

The Vanguard is spot on Jimmy, love it.

Si is there any chance of making me one of those .223 squeekers please as we sort of got sidetracked.

I think it would be good if we managed to have a clay session either at Humberside or that one near you, Cottondale, or something that sounds like that you can use my gun Jimmy to shoot a round mate, might even bring Trish.

Phil

Cant be having Trish tagging along Phil

SHE WILL OUT SHOOT US ALL and im not joking lads ether

lol

would not have it any other way Phil would not be the same with out her there

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Jonjon79 said:

That's what it's all about :yes:

........ Good write up Jimmy  :good:

Top blokes, all of you :thumbs:

Thanks Jon

Jon shooting rifles like that is some thing else mate honest

you need to get up here mate you will get back home with your head spinning Jon

was a great weekend Jim.. thoroughly enjoyed it:good:

was nice to catch up with Phil on sat morning.. ill knock a few more of them callers up!

just knocked a new batch of ammo up and filled in me variation in...

them foxes won't know what's hit them and neither will I cos ill be lugging the impact about as well for the rabbits:yes:

pity the weather was crap on sat night but you cant have it good all the time!

as for the cotton dale shooting ground im sure there is a live fire range as well Phil. 

cant put photos up with this new phone cos the files are to bloody big:wallbash:

• Like 1
On 28/10/2019 at 22:48, si brown said:

was a great weekend Jim.. thoroughly enjoyed it:good:

was nice to catch up with Phil on sat morning.. ill knock a few more of them callers up!

just knocked a new batch of ammo up and filled in me variation in...

them foxes won't know what's hit them and neither will I cos ill be lugging the impact about as well for the rabbits:yes:

pity the weather was crap on sat night but you cant have it good all the time!

as for the cotton dale shooting ground im sure there is a live fire range as well Phil. 

cant put photos up with this new phone cos the files are to bloody big:wallbash:

One of the best week ends iv had in a long time my friend

just what i needed to chill out

and most of all i did not let you both down when it came to shooting your rifles

i was well chuffed mate

• Like 2