Anybody ran or bred a 5/8 bull greyhound to a greyhound

11 minutes ago, dogmad riley said:

Tbf I shouldn't really judge the line after only seeing one. Good and bad in all lines 

I don't buy into this whole line bred thing if it has the breeding that someone is after dose it really matter if it's line bred or not. I have been told that my old bull x had golly line in there somewhere and he was the biggest asshole ever. If the dog dose what you want it for then to me it don't matter what it's made up of. Anyway back to your hopefull breeding they should make big strong dogs capable of most things I would think you'd have alot of interest in them if the breeding comes together 

• Like 1

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Patience is the best quality anyone could have with lurchers/sighthounds.  Can practically guarantee that your youngest greyhound bitch would be LETHAL with foxes, if you gave her another year be

Yeah got the sire lined up he is 8 year old game as the come.  Bitch will be an open class greyhound but will be tried 1st before any mating takes place   Wanting a pup or 2 myself out of th

Posted Images

20 hours ago, king said:

my 5/8 grey.3/8 dog didn't fully mature till 3yr old.he's flying now ?

he done something very subtle at 3yr old in the garden.and i knew straight away..

you are spot on shark

paitence...

Obviously what you do with your dogs is none of my business but 3 years Is a bitch of a stretch in my opinion adding bull blood should make them easier to start and not need f***ing about with for 3 years

• Like 3
On 27/10/2019 at 16:44, Busher100 said:

Obviously what you do with your dogs is none of my business but 3 years Is a bitch of a stretch in my opinion adding bull blood should make them easier to start and not need f***ing about with for 3 years

Well I'm giving mine till the age of 7 after that I'm wasting  no more time wi the fecking thing 

• Haha 6
26 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

A cracking ole dog man once told me good pup make good adults, 3 Fcuking years ? dog would have grown up quicker with graft thrown at it, only excise for a dog to take that long to start lies with the owners ?

I didn't believe it until I got a deerhound f1. She is 30 months old now. She didn't really start flying into stuff until the start of this season. Last season she was playing with quarry taking too long to make a grab. She nearly went to a new home but then it just clicked for her. 

All the bulls I have seen are doing it by the end of there 1st season. 

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Well I had a 3/4 bred that ended up 33ats but was out ferreting straight after jabs an done the lot bar fox before 18 month old an saw same results with few others mate?

She did the lot by 18 months just not flying into em. Rabbits and big rabbits she was mopping up no problem. 

If my sole quarry was preban deer and nothing else and a big powerful Deerhound greyhound was the best choice, then I'd happily wait. But I would not be messing about that long if rabbits and hare's were the main quarry. Rabbits and hare's are one thing, other quarry is something else and not many dogs are up to it consistently.

• Like 1