Anybody ran or bred a 5/8 bull greyhound to a greyhound

13 minutes ago, Busher100 said:

Do you have a reverse 5/8 then mate? I do game bitch so far but only young

Yeah got the sire lined up he is 8 year old game as the come. 

Bitch will be an open class greyhound but will be tried 1st before any mating takes place  

Wanting a pup or 2 myself out of the breeding sick of buying into people stories

• Like 6

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Patience is the best quality anyone could have with lurchers/sighthounds.  Can practically guarantee that your youngest greyhound bitch would be LETHAL with foxes, if you gave her another year be

Yeah got the sire lined up he is 8 year old game as the come.  Bitch will be an open class greyhound but will be tried 1st before any mating takes place   Wanting a pup or 2 myself out of th

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, dogmad riley said:

Bitch will be an open class greyhound but will be tried 1st before any mating takes place  

Wanting a pup or 2 myself out of the breeding sick of buying into people stories

Sounds like a good breeding plan mate but get saving if you want to breed off a greyhound that's a fiery type bought 3 before I got the fawn bitch I have now

• Like 2
1 hour ago, dogmad riley said:

1 hour ago, Busher100 said:

Sounds like a good breeding plan mate but get saving if you want to breed off a greyhound that's a fiery type bought 3 before I got the fawn bitch I have now

24 minutes ago, dogmad riley said:

That's a shame, but they cant all make it unfortunately. Dogs seem to do better than bitches. 

Dogs seem to be ten a penny but bitches different story 

As for greyhounds taking fox etc, whatever part of the uk you come from, wait til they are gone 2 years old. WILL increase your chances of having useful vermin dogs ?

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, shaaark said:

As for greyhounds taking fox etc, whatever part of the uk you come from, wait til they are gone 2 years old. WILL increase your chances of having useful vermin dogs ?

2 bloody years I could never wait that long ?

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, dogmad riley said:

That's what I am hoping. I like a dog that can shift mot just a one trick pony 

They definitely shouldn’t be lacking in pace, this one of mine is a fast powerful animal.

Edited by dogmandont
  • Like 1
57 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Thes a golly bred dog ont the other thread for stud could be the answer 2 your prayer s lads

Wouldnt touch golly bred seen one a few years back, was good on edible but wouldnt touch anything that would show its pearly whites 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Busher100 said:

2 bloody years I could never wait that long ?

Patience is the best quality anyone could have with lurchers/sighthounds. 

Can practically guarantee that your youngest greyhound bitch would be LETHAL with foxes, if you gave her another year before you tried her.

Not telling you or anyone else how to do things, it's your dog/dogs, but wait til they're about 2 1/2 years old before you start them, you'd be surprised, and very happy ?

• Like 7
32 minutes ago, dogmad riley said:

Wouldnt touch golly bred seen one a few years back, was good on edible but wouldnt touch anything that would show its pearly whites 

you must off seen a bad 1 then DR

30 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Can practically guarantee that your youngest greyhound bitch would be LETHAL with foxes, if you gave her another year before you tried her.

Not telling you or anyone else how to do things, it's your dog/dogs, but wait til they're about 2 1/2 years old before you start them, you'd be surprised, and very happy ?

my 5/8 grey.3/8 dog didn't fully mature till 3yr old.he's flying now ?

he done something very subtle at 3yr old in the garden.and i knew straight away..

you are spot on shark

paitence...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
36 minutes ago, shaaark said:

I will take your advice we shall see

• Like 2