Early start...

....to beat the rain. Still had me though. Out pre dawn and hit a large oak wood to hit the squirrels with the 22. Classic small game hunting.

IMG_20191025_094417399.jpg.17bde33fe7ed131c3d146b3796ecf68a.jpg

Got 14 in the end.

Nearly lost the dog! Looks as though she had been down an earth by the colour of her! She returned from God knows to my rabbit squeal! Silly mutt.

Fires are lit, dog showered, I'm drying out, where's the gin ?.

• Like 15

46 minutes ago, Rimfireboy! said:

Fantastic SD?

Edit to ask, subs or hv’s?

Subs, the fiocchi's.

They are ok but not fantastic so am using them up. CCI are in stock for when they are gone.

I picked up 100 42 GRN wini subs to try in the auto earlier too. Not tried them yet, they were mediocre in the Brno!

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

....to beat the rain. Still had me though. Out pre dawn and hit a large oak wood to hit the squirrels with the 22. Classic small game hunting.

IMG_20191025_094417399.jpg.17bde33fe7ed131c3d146b3796ecf68a.jpg

Got 14 in the end.

Nearly lost the dog! Looks as though she had been down an earth by the colour of her! She returned from God knows to my rabbit squeal! Silly mutt.

Fires are lit, dog showered, I'm drying out, where's the gin ?.

You need a drop of my homemade sloe gin!! Came 2nd in this year  village show (fix for 1st!!)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Stavross said:

Nice going mr sausage, that’s a fine bag of squizzers, I think many of us will be cabined up tonight out of this rain with a little glass of something, it started here around 12 and is showing no signs of stopping ☹️

Started at ten here. Think it's here tomorrow too. Feel sorry for any big shoots tomorrow. I remember watching a team of guns standing all morning in a blizzard, even my young lab was feeling it by lunch. I put him in the cab and left the engine running blowing warm air on him. One spaniel had to be put in a hesian sack quick!

The shoot was stopped at lunch for fear of cars getting stuck. Good times.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, David.evans said:

Strange 

there bang on in my cz455

atb 

They were good mate sure but not the best ?

If that extra weight helps the action cycle and they are reasonable accurate they go in the book of good eating for the Marlin.

Edited by Sausagedog
6 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

Started at ten here. Think it's here tomorrow too. Feel sorry for any big shoots tomorrow. I remember watching a team of guns standing all morning in a blizzard, even my young lab was feeling it by lunch. I put him in the cab and left the engine running blowing warm air on him. One spaniel had to be put in a hesian sack quick!

The shoot was stopped at lunch for fear of cars getting stuck. Good times.

Been on a few of them days, I might of mentioned it’s my first day tomorrow and the weather looks terrible until lunchtime, but I’d rather be out in it than stuck in the house, I never like to miss the first day, the down side is the birds won’t be as willing after being wet all night, but we’ll give it a go ?

• Like 1

Well done S/D some serious squizzers boshed ,and stopped buying winnie subs 4 or 5 ok then wing/zing a high velocity sub will say hello ,after 2 boxes doing this wery of using them.

Good luck Saturday Stav ,hell of a first day for you forecast is a bit blustery so it,s hip flasks and big coats all round 

• Like 2