Sign in to follow this  
keepdiggin

Depression

1 hour ago, Stoney100 said:

Exactly......and it took me turning into a selfish, heartless c**t to get there lol

That’s a pretty negative view imho mate.

You made mistakes, everyone does and everyone’s entitled to but I suppose you are only an idiot if you keep making the same ones.

Its no good (again imho) if you are viewing yourself in that light, self reflection is a rare enough trait these days but I think it’s just as important to realise your good points as well as your failings.

There is a massive difference between being “a heartless c**t” and being careful about the company you keep because they don’t do you any good.......I suppose the trick would be not to get involved with anyone who is bad to be around in the first place then you wouldn’t have to be cruel about anything later down the line.

As time go’s on, you will get more skilful at spotting the danger people and just swerve them without ever having to interact.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, WILF said:

That’s a pretty negative view imho mate.

You made mistakes, everyone does and everyone’s entitled to but I suppose you are only an idiot if you keep making the same ones.

Its no good (again imho) if you are viewing yourself in that light, self reflection is a rare enough trait these days but I think it’s just as important to realise your good points as well as your failings.

There is a massive difference between being “a heartless c**t” and being careful about the company you keep because they don’t do you any good.......I suppose the trick would be not to get involved with anyone who is bad to be around in the first place then you wouldn’t have to be cruel about anything later down the line.

As time go’s on, you will get more skilful at spotting the danger people and just swerve them without ever having to interact.

I know mate, that was said tongue in cheek tbh and I do agree with what your saying honestly :thumbs:

Like rabbit hunter rightly says, when anyone who has been an addict talks about it’s all about them and I have to say he is spot on but its literally because it is! When I first got sober I was 100% convinced it was all the drinks fault I got into that mess.....I couldn’t see it was actually myself that was doing it over a product that’s just sold and advertised well over here but not physically forced on us. Everyone has access to find out the damage drinking can do....both mentally and physically.....many will have unfortunate encounters of what it can do through family or friends but some just went all in and found out exactly what it can do for themselves.

I know I’m not heartless or selfish deep down and to me that’s all that matters.....you have had the pitchforks and fire sticks after you on here more than a few times yourself lol but ultimately I get the impression your a good guy who just says it how it is and sometimes you have to stand by your beliefs for your own sanity on here lol if anything I think you give good advice on most things. But with straight talkers it doesn’t work both ways.....he either speaks sense and you listen or you take offence and don’t take anything from it. As much as it pains me to admit dotty/katchum on here used to make my blood boil when he would call me an alky on here.....Same with a few others but dotty would deliver it in his own pleasant glasweigen way of “ye just a wee alky c**t” and it used to hit home......but realistically he was right.....it was good actually good advice and reading comments like that probably made me get sorted more than the arm round the shoulder, kettles always on type comments because sometimes these are the things you really need to hear to wake you up to what you have become!

Im a massive believer of your social circle and lifestyle is huge part of what makes anyone the person they are. As part of my probation I had to do what they call “the thinking skills program” and at first I thought it was a load of bollox but when I actually sat back and listened most of the stuff they were teaching us was absolutely spot on and mirrors everything of what you said in your post, and these were professional people assigned by the highest powers the country has, drilling it into us that we make our own choices, choose who we associate with and follow the consequences of that.....good or bad! 

If someone messaged me on here or rang saying they need a chat of course I’d help them as much as I can but I know from personal experience that random people on the Internet are not always the best people to seek help from.....and I wouldn’t be shy to tell the person that there are better ways out there than talking to random people online (which is essentially what we are on about here) 

f**k me for saying I was in my last words I’ve rabbited on again lol 

sorry again to anyone I’ve upset or offended.....like the saying says it’s good to talk and I can take a few positives from all this 👍

• Like 1

f**k me what madness this is all very deep why would yous not have this little spat in private if you know each other.......surely you only get into this much of an argument with people who wont front you in the real world....or is it just me 😕

I cant work out whos who or whats what but dry snitching a bloke just because he got banged up takes an absolute c**t of a man to do....what anybody gains out of talking about other peoples lives on the internet is still a mystery to me maybe its what comes with "making friends " on here i dont know but i agree with Wilf theres very few people id be confident to pal up with and thats not to say anyone gives off a bad vibe its just common sense surely......i wouldnt want to meet a bird off the internet either its well dodgy.

Anyway Stoney well done mate.....bit errrrr full on but....accomplishments should be recognised regardless so good for you.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

dry snitching a bloke just because he got banged up takes an absolute c**t of a man to do.

And thats the actions of some of the moderators

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

f**k me what madness this is all very deep why would yous not have this little spat in private if you know each other.......surely you only get into this much of an argument with people who wont front you in the real world....or is it just me 😕

if your talking about me --- stewie got it wrong fook all to do with me i offered to have a chat face to face to sort it out i`ve got his number and he knows where to find me , so as far as i`m aware were all sorted i dont know if he thinks the same time will tell .. it was a bit of a harsh verbal attack on me but he`s apologised on this thread and in pm which is good enough for me  ..he`s carried this shit round in his head for 4 years so i`m glad its all come out and cleared up ...lets hope he can put it to bed i aint going into it any more but the people who started the shit know who they are ..

• Like 1

11 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

I cant work out whos who or whats what but dry snitching a bloke just because he got banged up takes an absolute c**t of a man to do....what anybody gains out of talking about other peoples lives on the internet is still a mystery to me maybe its what comes with "making friends " on here i dont know but i agree with Wilf theres very few people id be confident to pal up with and thats not to say anyone gives off a bad vibe its just common sense surely......i wouldnt want to meet a bird off the internet either its well dodgy.

Anyway Stoney well done mate.....bit errrrr full on but....accomplishments should be recognised regardless so good for you.

Well Gnash, after meeting Peterleemooch and Max off here I'm not surprised you wouldn't be confident to pal up with anybody, I've met 4-5 lads off here and keep in touch with them all each one of them is sound, even the Welsh one ffs.......that's right Welsh may the good lord forgive me ffs lol ............ 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, delswal said:

Well Gnash, after meeting Peterleemooch and Max off here I'm not surprised you wouldn't be confident to pal up with anybody, I've met 4-5 lads off here and keep in touch with them all each one of them is sound, even the Welsh one ffs.......that's right Welsh may the good lord forgive me ffs lol ............ 

Iv met some cracking lads on here an met some proper wallopers, but ye get that in every day life. Itscthe folk that take it too serious that ruin it imo👍

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Iv met some cracking lads on here an met some proper wallopers, but ye get that in every day life. Itscthe folk that take it too serious that ruin it imo👍

LOL 👍😁

5 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

It probably did go a bit ott tbf......but at the same time I’m glad I’ve got it off my chest and a few folk have confirmed a few things I had guessed about them to so alls well that ends well......All the deep stuff I can talk about all day, tbh thats just thinking out loud more than anything else and I can put that behind me easy enough as it’s just a difference of opinion and nothing major.....but the way I got treated on here when I got locked up has always nibbled at me and I guess it was always going to be said at some point. While in no way trying to drag you in to my arguments I’m sure you feel the same way about whoever it is you said putting stuff on the YouTube comments.....now imagine them same people are on here trying to get on with you like f**k all ever happened......your going to snap at some point!

I just think it’s a f***ing low thing to do, some of the comments I read when I got out from people I never imagined i ever had a problem with says a lot more about them than me and in situations like this you have to take in what’s happened, move on and just put it down to experience. As annoying as it is these kind of people will just make you look the c**t in the end as that’s the nature of the person your dealing with.

Like you say, choose your friends on here wisely as 9 times out of 10 there’s a hidden agenda and that same person would really love nothing more than to see you on your arse! 

Thats not to say there is isn’t plenty of good folk on here, because their is.....it’s just a shame there’s the snides with far bigger issues than what they care to admit playing stupid games that I’m not going to ever fall for it or let it happen again. 

You cant soar with the eagles if your to busy running with the chickens ;) 

And again thank you for the kind comments :thumbs:

9 minutes ago, Stoney100 said:

It probably did go a bit ott tbf......but at the same time I’m glad I’ve got it off my chest and a few folk have confirmed a few things I had guessed about them to so alls well that ends well......All the deep stuff I can talk about all day, tbh thats just thinking out loud more than anything else and I can put that behind me easy enough as it’s just a difference of opinion and nothing major.....but the way I got treated on here when I got locked up has always nibbled at me and I guess it was always going to be said at some point. While in no way trying to drag you in to my arguments I’m sure you feel the same way about whoever it is you said putting stuff on the YouTube comments.....now imagine them same people are on here trying to get on with you like f**k all ever happened......your going to snap at some point!

I just think it’s a f***ing low thing to do, some of the comments I read when I got out from people I never imagined i ever had a problem with says a lot more about them than me and in situations like this you have to take in what’s happened, move on and just put it down to experience. As annoying as it is these kind of people will just make you look the c**t in the end as that’s the nature of the person your dealing with.

Like you say, choose your friends on here wisely as 9 times out of 10 there’s a hidden agenda and that same person would really love nothing more than to see you on your arse! 

Thats not to say there is isn’t plenty of good folk on here, because their is.....it’s just a shame there’s the snides with far bigger issues than what they care to admit playing stupid games that I’m not going to ever fall for it or let it happen again. 

You cant soar with the eagles if your to busy running with the chickens ;) 

And again thank you for the kind comments :thumbs:

Your biggest problem is caring what folk in here think mate, we have argued an Iv prob said some low things to you in the past but that’s the net, even sober it can get the better of you whether it’s summat serious or even just banter, but unless you have met the folk off here an looked em in the eyes an then made your mind to them then it’s better to reserve judgement, aye we can all have certain names pop up an out a curiosity or whatever it’s them posts that grab your attention, might even be loads a lads you know you like or even dislike (airgunners😁) but again until you’ve met em walked a field or 2 with em then think of em  as strangers. Iv said some shit in here in past 15 or so years an had some abuse given, at time I meant it an stand by it, if it’s changed now then so be it, but I honestly couldn’t give a flying fcuk what anybody on here thinks of me, even the ones Iv met an become pals with, i not out to impress anybody but me kids an they ain’t on here😂

chillax, you seem to be doin well for yaself so keep doing what ye doing, but don’t moan about the past or ye won’t be able to focus on future 👍

Edited by W. Katchum
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

Your biggest problem is caring what folk in here think mate, we have argued an Iv prob said some low things to you in the past but that’s the bet, even sober it can get the better of you whether it’s summat serious or even just banter, but unless you have met the folk off here an looked em in the eyes an then made your mind to them then it’s better to reserve judgement, aye we can all have certain names pop up an out a curiosity or whatever it’s them lists that grab your attention, might even be loads a lads you know you like or even dislike (airgunners😁) but again until you’ve met em walked a field or 2 then think of em  as strangers. Iv said some shit in here in past 15 or so years an had some abuse given, at time I meant it an stand by it, if it’s changed now hen do be it, but I honestly couldn’t give a flying fcuk what anybody on here thinks of me, even the ones Iv met an become pals with, i not out to impress anybody but me kids an they ain’t in here😂

chillax, you seem to be doin well for yaself so keep doing what ye doing, but don’t moan about the past or ye won’t be able to focus on future 👍

Nice one mate.....see it’s better when we just get on lol

And I know I can be a c**t, you have never been scared to tell me otherwise but that makes it easier as I know where I stand with you lol

its just the snidey ones that get you eventually! Pretend to be your mate then stab you straight in the back once it’s turned. I can ignore them but guess were all only human and get in the wrong mood for it and like you say just focus on the future 👍

Just now, Stoney100 said:

Nice one mate.....see it’s better when we just get on lol

And I know I can be a c**t, you have never been scared to tell me otherwise but that makes it easier as I know where I stand with you lol

its just the snidey ones that get you eventually! Pretend to be your mate then stab you straight in the back once it’s turned. I can ignore them but guess were all only human and get in the wrong mood for it and like you say just focus on the future 👍

I got more stab wounds than ye average bear 😂 both physically an mentally/emotionally mate, they soon heal👍

• Like 1