Depression

1 minute ago, jigsaw said:

it came across as you cant be sympathetic either,,which is sad,,,ive no malice towards you or anyone but you really need to consider other peoples feelings ,and i get the feeling you may be scared that you could be dragged down the same road they are travelling ,but i could be wrong ..ive seen so much of what mental health and depression can do,and its not a trivial thing

Of course I can mate.....we can all sympathise and try our best but sometimes honesty is the best policy and that’s what a lot of people cant understand.

Some people who are depressed do need professional people around them, that’s a fact.....they don’t need false hopes and promises of a long and happy future when I knew it wouldn’t happen from the start and I wouldn’t be able to look at myself in the mirror knowing I was stringing her along. The saying you have to be cruel to be kind sums it up for nicely for me and I do feel bad for it but in the long run she will better off finding someone more suited to her ?

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

like keith,[iworkwhippets]. i lost my wife thirteen months back.the bestest friend i ever had..it dont get easier. depression in my world can floor me.but i keep busy,even planning what to do the  nex

you must be reading my mind matey, one day last week, my doctor came out to see me, asked how I felt and my thoughts, she asked so I told, suicidal were my thoughts, until a certain person from duggie

Stoney, there is NO GETTING OVER IT. You just need to learn to live with it, and deal with it as best you can. I've suffered from it, and anxiety, since nov 28/19 99, after a really bad accident,

Posted Images

1 minute ago, jigsaw said:

well i see you in a different light now ,i didnt catch you were addicted to alcohol,and i do see where your coming from now , your still healing it looks like ,apologies for my comments ...

No worries at all mate.....if anything it’s done me good to get a few bits off my chest lol 

• Like 1

the last thing i will write is ....proper deep depression devastates not only the sufferer but their loved ones and friends ...my family went through some real rough times ,my parents lives were burdened by not being able to help in any way their daughter...the different hospitals,an enduced coma for 3 weeks ,...a week of her missing and not being found and not knowing if she was alive or dead ,her bouts of violent outbreaks and being distraught at the state of her life ...it was a terrible time ,and now shes in a lovely nursing home and shes relatively happy ,all we ever wanted ,...depression is not a trivial thing,

• Like 9

Depression is definitely not a trivial thing the horror that I have witnessed because people with depression and suicidal tendencies are not getting the help they require is a big issue in the UK, My family has been affected by my sons struggles after two tours in Afghan it’s a very serious issue.

My job is first response for the Railway so over the years I’ve witnessed my fair share of mental illness.

I get called out a lot to suicidal people some are screamers and shouters some so withdrawn, it’s sad to witness and some are definitely playing the system to get sectioned to get a bed because they are homeless.

Talking and engaging is definitely better than wiping your hands and doing nothing I highly recommend the Samaritans here’s a link below for anybody who needs a chat.

It’s obvious there’s a few lads on here who are fighting a battle reading some of the posts,  I wish you all the best.

https://www.samaritans.org/

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
On 25/10/2019 at 10:02, sid g said:

if thats your opinion then you stand by it ... i`ve had family and friends suffer with it and i`d like to think me being there for them helped ;; a mate of mines suffered for years with it and i`d never turn my back on him it makes me smile when he smiles makes me laugh when he laughs .. times when i`ve had to go round and coax him out of bed make sure he gets a shower and a shave on the days/weeks he`s let himself go , be a shoulder for him to cry on and give if a hug when he needs it , i speak to him everyday and see him as many times as needs  depression or not he`s my mate and always will be ... now if thats what you call some c**t dragging you down then your a million miles away -- 

I was going to leave this but it’s been bugging me so here we go......

Anyone reading this post would think your a nice guy with a heart of gold towards people feeling depressed and in a bad place but the reality is your not. Your infact a horrible little snide. When I got sent to prison I was at the worst point in my life, depressed, anxious, a full blown alcoholic close to a breakdown. You knew what state I was in and that I was dreading going as i has talked openly about it to you and others on my old little forum but instead of letting me go and do the time for my crime in peace, you Googled me and took a screenshot of my mugshot,full name, address and charge and sent it round people knowing full well it would soon end up on here and I got ripped to pieces while I was locked up with no chance of defending myself. When I got out and read some off the stuff people had been saying about me because of you sending that round how do you think that made me feel?? It certainly never made me laugh or smile like your mate, infact it made me feel f***ing horrible and only added to my worries. When I first signed back up on here I had people ripping in to me and taking the piss out of me and it really affected my confidence and how I felt but you have never once apologised for it, infact you probably don’t even care or realised what you caused me to go through and I’d never done anything wrong to you but you felt it was ok to expose me to everyone else at the worst point in my life.......when I found out it was you (you did admit it to your credit) I must admit you were very lucky your a bitter old man as I wanted to smash every tooth out your face tbh, you made a bad situation a million times more worse for a man who had done f**k all wrong to you and was obviously in a bad frame of mind so don’t start playing the hero on here when your actually a two faced, back stabbing piece of shit snitch that I tolerate just to be polite :yes:

you see depression works in all kinds of ways.......you help one person but your actions towards another can bring them down even more and that’s why it’s a game you shouldnt attempt to play in when you have no understanding of what people are going through ;) 

• Confused 1
7 minutes ago, sid g said:

you`ve got a short memory mate because it was`nt me that that googled the picture or put it anywhere the person who did was on your little site for a short while and is a mod on here weather he`ll come on and says its him or not is up to him a few of us know who it is  , when you came out and came back on the other site i asked the question because of all the rumours  so you could clear it up i knew the truth because staffs had told me , we all had a little joke including yourself giving you the nickname raffles the night you shut the site down it was over a comment about your mug shot that never came from me either , your memory seems a little clouded mate and if the 2 people concerned come on and say it how it was... apart from the odd piss take which at the time you took in good spirit i had very little to do with it , i`m a bit suprised that its taken so long and a public forum for you to out me with information that is wrong ... anything that was said in jest you joined in with at the time .. never had a problem with you even offered you a lift to the fishing comp .. 

So who was it then?? You said to me it was you on there, I remember you saying it clear as day! 

The comments made on here and there were all while I was in prison with no phone or internet so there’s no way I was joining in.....the reason I’ve not said anything before is because it does still wind me up and I don’t like feeling like that over some petty nonsense that some spineless idiot has done tbh so I try to forget about it and just laugh it off but when you come out trying to be the hero don’t be surprised when someone you’ve not acted like that towards pipes up. 

If I’m wrong I’ll apologise but you 100% said it was you 

• Confused 1

You did say it and I know it was you because your just that kind of person all over tbh.......your one of them that enjoy seeing people on their arses but do little acts of kindness to try and prove you don’t 

Edited by Stoney100
  • Confused 1
15 minutes ago, sid g said:

you dont even know me mate ,say it  say what ?  i`ve openly explained in the above posts how it was i did`nt post the mug shot  100% i was`nt even on this  site , your the one name calling not me ... be interested to see if the person who did post the mug shot comes on and says anything ? ... then we`ll se were we go with this .. other than what i`ve posted i cant really say much more other than chill out and wind your fookin neck in ...

you 100% said you sent that screenshot around so everyone could no who they was dealing with......don’t try and call me a liar because you know there is no possible way I can prove it as the forum is long gone.....you did say it, if you were just covering for someone is a different story or maybe even a joke I took the wrong way......either way you definitely wrote it and I’ve thought it was you since......Just put his name up and clear it up if it wasn’t you

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, sid g said:

I left this site same time as you did i came back last year so i could`nt of posted it on here the same person who posted it on here posted it on the other site 

That's true... Can't be sid

19 minutes ago, sid g said:

your a liar ;; or you`ve got it wrong .. i left this site same time as you did i came back last year so i could`nt of posted it on here the same person who posted it on here posted it on the other site if he dont come on in the next few days to clear it up i will name him  .. then i`ll meet you one  market day and you can get us a brew .. 

That sounds fair to me and I promise you now I’ll 100% get you that brew if I’m wrong.....but you did say it was you! I wish I could find the post but I can’t......let’s see if they post it or not and I can finally put it to bed ?