Depression

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

like keith,[iworkwhippets]. i lost my wife thirteen months back.the bestest friend i ever had..it dont get easier. depression in my world can floor me.but i keep busy,even planning what to do the  nex

you must be reading my mind matey, one day last week, my doctor came out to see me, asked how I felt and my thoughts, she asked so I told, suicidal were my thoughts, until a certain person from duggie

Stoney, there is NO GETTING OVER IT. You just need to learn to live with it, and deal with it as best you can. I've suffered from it, and anxiety, since nov 28/19 99, after a really bad accident,

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, ginger beard said:

Depression pah.

People have never had it so easy in this day and age.you only get out of life what you put in.

I know that was posted purely to prevoke a response but anyway, it’s bollocks ! Lol 

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, ginger beard said:

Depression pah.

People have never had it so easy in this day and age.you only get out of life what you put in.

I know that was posted purely to prevoke a response but anyway, it’s bollocks ! Lol 

17 minutes ago, ginger beard said:

Its just sad poeople with sad lives labeling themselves with a disorder instead of facing reality that there just sad.

Not all but the vast majority.

People are depressed in all walks of life I can't believe I just read that.

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, WILF said:

There probably isn’t as many people doing that as the popular myth would portray I reckon mate.

I think there would be a case to say that many, many people can’t afford to work and that circumstance itself would lead to them feeling depressed.

Yes I know what you’re saying mate, but to me the feelings of worry that we all get from worrying about bills, work etc etc etc is not proper depression, it’s just feeling down, just like enjoying yourself gives you a good feeling.

To me the real depressed people are the ones that have comfortable lives but just can’t pull themselves out of the rut for whatever reason??‍♂️

Going back to your previous post about a lot of lads seem to be committing suicide, I agree, but I think it’s a lot more to do with the come down from drugs after a night out. I rarely go out but when I do it’s usually a late binge of too much drink and for days after I feel like shite, can not function properly, so these lads that are on coke at the pubs every weekend it must be 10 times worse?

• Like 3
1 hour ago, jigsaw said:

by fuk your one selfish bloke,you did her a favour,,you doint have a morsel of an idea what depression is ,i have a sister suffering from it for the last 40 years ,incurable ,shes had top docs /psychiatrists and the rest ,you should really live alone with that attitude ,your no help to anyone ...i sincerely hope none of your family have a dilemma,,youd have no understanding whatsoever as to what is going on ...you should go visit a mental ward and see all the patients and tell em .''for ffs pick yerself up,theres always someone worse than ye '' see how that goes down...

Someone in full health and able bodied claiming to be depressed should go visit a child’s cancer ward and go tell them they struggle with anxiety and see how that goes down......don’t try and judge me mate when you know f**k all about me.....I’m entitled to my opinion on it the same as your are.......the facts are I would find her a burden so I choose not to get involved with her.......I can’t offer professional help and I have my own life to worry about without bringing someone who is “depressed” into it......why would anyone intentionally want to get involved with someone like that? 

2 hours ago, Astanley said:

What it you fall in love with them ,marry her ,and down the line she starts suffering with it ?.....it's not a personality defect mate ,don't get being depressed and suffering clinical  depression mixed up ,you can be cheerful , have a positive outlook ,lead a meaningful ,happy and fulfilling life ,depression comes ,and you face it alone ,you try hard to function whilst trying not to infect loved ones with your deep,deep inexplicable despair ,it's a lonely illness ,often made worse by a person's inability to articulate or explain it to a cynical circle of family and friends .

Then I’d probably leave her and move on mate.....honestly I’ve come to a decision that i won’t get involved with a person like that in a relationship for any reason whatsoever......I know it sounds harsh mate but that’s just the way I feel about it......if there’s nothing I could do to change it then what’s the point in hanging around and trying to?? 

4 minutes ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

Yes I know what you’re saying mate, but to me the feelings of worry that we all get from worrying about bills, work etc etc etc is not proper depression, it’s just feeling down, just like enjoying yourself gives you a good feeling.

To me the real depressed people are the ones that have comfortable lives but just can’t pull themselves out of the rut for whatever reason??‍♂️

Going back to your previous post about a lot of lads seem to be committing suicide, I agree, but I think it’s a lot more to do with the come down from drugs after a night out. I rarely go out but when I do it’s usually a late binge of too much drink and for days after I feel like shite, can not function properly, so these lads that are on coke at the pubs every weekend it must be 10 times worse?

The brain is full of chemicals mate.

All working at different levels at different times.

Once an imbalance manifests itself resulting in numerous disorders.anxiety depression etc. a doctor will prescribe tablets.

To try and restore the natural balance of the brain.

But doing so in itself causes a spike in 1 or more chemicals.

Resulting in the brain reacting by making more adjustments to the balance of chemicals.

As now outside chemicals are coming into the brain.

And so it continues.

And the results are people acting in different ways.

There behaviour.temper.personality.etc the list is endless.

A person is. you could say a slave to there brain.

So someone saying.get a grip etc is impossible.

A few words can't change the balance of the chemicals..

Screenshot_20191025-090553.jpg.eb11189db340fbd5e79d0f34c98de797.jpg

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Stoney100 said:

Then I’d probably leave her and move on mate.....honestly I’ve come to a decision that i won’t get involved with a person like that in a relationship for any reason whatsoever......I know it sounds harsh mate but that’s just the way I feel about it......if there’s nothing I could do to change it then what’s the point in hanging around and trying to?? 

I don’t know what your relationship status has ever been mate, but I won’t be too hard on you about your opinion.

Its a young mans way of looking at things, when you have been with a good woman for 20 years and she has stood by you through all sorts then you would feel very differently.

Only if after all that time and those trials and tribulations did you felt the same would you be a bit of a dick.

• Like 6