Depression

4 minutes ago, king said:

im right there with you jetro.you aint alone.neither are you dytkos..

my wife is 6yrs into a nervous breakdown.

mental health is unseen.

I have some understanding what your going through, my wife been carrying this for years. All a person can do is be there for them, talk to them, and most of all have patience. 

It can and does ripple out through the rest of the family, and affect them in one way or another over time.

Are j

• Like 1

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

like keith,[iworkwhippets]. i lost my wife thirteen months back.the bestest friend i ever had..it dont get easier. depression in my world can floor me.but i keep busy,even planning what to do the  nex

you must be reading my mind matey, one day last week, my doctor came out to see me, asked how I felt and my thoughts, she asked so I told, suicidal were my thoughts, until a certain person from duggie

Stoney, there is NO GETTING OVER IT. You just need to learn to live with it, and deal with it as best you can. I've suffered from it, and anxiety, since nov 28/19 99, after a really bad accident,

Posted Images

Just now, Stoney100 said:

Oh here we go lol 

always someone who knows more about it than everyone else :rolleyes:

I’ll stand by what I say tbh.....life’s to short to be around them type of people and they only take them with you not the other way ?

ive been with the wife for 20yrs.married for nearly 18yrs.

so what do you suggest i should do walk away like a coward.just like you done with a girl who turned to you for help...

like i said you aint got a fecking clue...

• Like 10
2 minutes ago, jetro said:

I have some understanding what your going through, my wife been carrying this for years. All a person can do is be there for them, talk to them, and most of all have patience. 

It can and does ripple out through the rest of the family, and affect them in one way or another over time.

Are j

spot on mate'just steady away each day..

5 minutes ago, king said:

ive been with the wife for 20yrs.married for nearly 18yrs.

so what do you suggest i should do walk away like a coward.just like you done with a girl who turned to you for help...

like i said you aint got a fecking clue...

I don’t suggest anything.....it’s your life and your free to do whatever you please with it and have whatever opinion on it the same as i have ?

Edited by Stoney100
  • Like 1

And tbh I had started writing that post before you, dyktos or Jetro had replied......while I genuinely didn’t mean it directly to you three, I’m not going to turn around and say I don’t mean it because I do.....I feel sorry for you all and your partners but at the same time I’m glad I’m not with someone like that or ever likely to be......apologies if it sounds harsh but I’m only being honest.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Stoney100 said:

And tbh I had started writing that post before you, dyktos or Jetro had replied......while I genuinely didn’t mean it directly to you three, I’m not going to turn around and say I don’t mean it because I do.....I feel sorry for you all and your partners but at the same time I’m glad I’m not with someone like that or ever likely to be......apologies if it sounds harsh but I’m only being honest.

What it you fall in love with them ,marry her ,and down the line she starts suffering with it ?.....it's not a personality defect mate ,don't get being depressed and suffering clinical  depression mixed up ,you can be cheerful , have a positive outlook ,lead a meaningful ,happy and fulfilling life ,depression comes ,and you face it alone ,you try hard to function whilst trying not to infect loved ones with your deep,deep inexplicable despair ,it's a lonely illness ,often made worse by a person's inability to articulate or explain it to a cynical circle of family and friends .

• Like 12
8 hours ago, keepdiggin said:

True I always find if im feeling down a good walk with the dogs helps never needed any pills tbh

with all respects ,that is not depression,everyone has ''bad days'' proper clinical depression is totally consuming ...

• Like 7
7 hours ago, Stoney100 said:

If I hear the words depression, anxiety or mental health from someone within an hour of meeting them I know I wont be around that person for long.....I was seeing a girl from another town a few months back and it was all going steady till one day she rang me saying she was having a panic attack and could I go round.....I did and when I got there she sat me down, said “there’s something you should know” and I’m thinking she’s pregnant but she started to tell me about how she “suffers” with anxiety and all that......honestly I just had to get away from her so made an excuse to go to my van, drove off and never answered her calls or texts again which I know is harsh but I’m not a qualified mental health nurse and I have enough stuff going on in my own life without the need to get involved with someone like that as they will only bring you down with them eventually!

We all get depressed.....it’s a natural human emotion that is inside us all and there is no denying it.....there’s times when I was drinking when id had enough or life, felt like it could get no worse and couldn’t see a way out if it but I knew deep down that wasn’t me and the only person who could change it was myself. 

Like we have to calm ourselves down in many situations sometimes we have to pick ourselves up.......if someone was flying round at 90mph we would tell them to calm down and it would be seen as good advice but you tell someone who is down to cheer the f**k up and your a c**t nowadays.

Just remember there’s always someone worse off and there’s someone out there dying this very minute who would of done anything to swap places with you.

by fuk your one selfish bloke,you did her a favour,,you doint have a morsel of an idea what depression is ,i have a sister suffering from it for the last 40 years ,incurable ,shes had top docs /psychiatrists and the rest ,you should really live alone with that attitude ,your no help to anyone ...i sincerely hope none of your family have a dilemma,,youd have no understanding whatsoever as to what is going on ...you should go visit a mental ward and see all the patients and tell em .''for ffs pick yerself up,theres always someone worse than ye '' see how that goes down...

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Over here it’s one of the easiest illnesses to spoof just to get on the DLA and know a fair few getting top rate by lies, it takes away from those that really do need the help, it’s getting worse these days by the idiot influencers all about me types, brainwashing the youth of today making them feel that they have shit lives. Everybody to busy focusing on what they don’t have than what they do.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Over here it’s one of the easiest illnesses to spoof just to get on the DLA and know a fair few getting top rate by lies, it takes away from those that really do need the help, it’s getting worse these days by the idiot influencers all about me types, brainwashing the youth of today making them feel that they have shit lives. Everybody to busy focusing on what they don’t have than what they do.

I think it’s fibromyalgia now see more people on pip claiming that than bad backs these days , 

been through stage couple year ago where honestly couldnt be bothered to get off the sofa it was only the thought of the animals needing attention got me out , was drinking every day  ,living on junk food etc 

Then I split with the wife went from 13 stone to just under 11 

drink couple cans/bottles a weekend now

Got a girlfriend couldn’t be happier ?

Dont know if I was depressed or just unhappy but no way was I going to a gp and going for counselling or medication .

mental health effects people differently and tbh I think it affects nearly everyone at one point or another .

• Like 1

Bloke in the town killed himself this week just out of the blue, two pre school kids and one in the way he had......I’m sorry, but in my book he is one selfish b*****d.

However, there is definitely something going on because your hear about suicides all the bloody time and there is no getting away from the fact that it’s terribly sad and there is a genuine problem somewhere.

its definitely isn’t as easy as just cheering someone up that’s for sure......it has to be a constant hell for everyone effected by it and those around them.

In the UK it’s young people I feel sorry for......the world we have created and the pressure they are under is terrible and I’m sure youngsters feel the same many places.

• Like 2

As mentioned above in some posts, I think the problem a lot of people have with the ‘depression status’ is that all the fat slobs that have never worked a day in their lives claim depression to keep getting their benefit money when really there’s fk all wrong with them. So it takes the emphasis of the actual people who really are suffering. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

As mentioned above in some posts, I think the problem a lot of people have with the ‘depression status’ is that all the fat slobs that have never worked a day in their lives claim depression to keep getting their benefit money when really there’s fk all wrong with them. So it takes the emphasis of the actual people who really are suffering. 

There probably isn’t as many people doing that as the popular myth would portray I reckon mate.

I think there would be a case to say that many, many people can’t afford to work and that circumstance itself would lead to them feeling depressed.