Taltonia whippets

had them 12 years ago stamina to burn  got a bitch nearly 2 abit on the light side taltonias eirwen going to put a sootysam  dog over her when she breaks down put a bit more bone in the pups he as a litter on preloved 3 dogs 2 bitch pups atb

Never heard of them mate  , however looking at them they are primarily show bred , in my opinion that's not a bad thing in fact it's a good thing but that's just my opinion mate others opinions may differ, if your after a whippet mate don't be sucked up into the full 'working whippet' sales pitch they will all work mate ...

• Like 2

Because I have seen a few run both work and lure course mate,a have a pure bred show dog and she would go through a wall when younger but is 13 now...lure coursing different to work I know but the show breds that I have seen have great stamina  a think there will of been a lot of great dogs undiscovered in the show world of whippets simply because they spend there entire life on a table ...some show people are terrified of letting there dogs off the lead !!! When I mention show dogs above am on about kc showing not fun fair showing . This is just my opinion 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, carp king said:

Because I have seen a few run both work and lure course mate,a have a pure bred show dog and she would go through a wall when younger but is 13 now...lure coursing different to work I know but the show breds that I have seen have great stamina  a think there will of been a lot of great dogs undiscovered in the show world of whippets simply because they spend there entire life on a table ...some show people are terrified of letting there dogs off the lead !!! When I mention show dogs above am on about kc showing not fun fair showing . This is just my opinion 

most coursing whippets back in the day we're wining in the kc show rings ,plenty good kc whippets about .

• Like 1
2 hours ago, carp king said:

You have a valid point there in regards to your comment that a lot of the show bred whippets never get a chance to run game. Just a month or so back I was out with my lurchers, just for a walk after work. Bumped into a women with a black whippet on a lead. I stopped to admire her dog . He was 3 years old and she said came from a very good line of pedigree dogs, father , grandfather show champs etc etc. My dogs were off the lead at the time so I asked her if she ever let's it off the lead as we were,well way from roads,and cattle. She said she didn't like to really as it keeps catching the local rabbits. Lol. I managed to talk her into letting it have a run with my dogs who are no slouches speed wise, this little dog was trying them up in knots . Unbelievable tight turns and pace. Great to see it running free. Felt sorry for the little tyke stuck on the lead 

• Like 1