What’s a good .17HMR

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I highly rate my tikka t1x 17hmr,  I even bought the t1x 22lr as I was that impressed 

For the price of rimfires new, let alone second hand re-barrelling seems like a lot of ball ache to end up with something I wasn’t that enthusiastic about in the first place. It’s not a bad shout, but

Why not take the opportunity to go for a hornet instead of hmr

For a workhorse of a rifle then I'd stick with the CZ, trigger kit or not!

You will pay more for most others, and in some cases a lot more for no improvement in the things that count, accuracy, repeatability and reliability.

If you really are moving away from CZ most others seem to work ok, but if you are determined I hear good things about the new Tikka T1x.

• Like 2
On 23/10/2019 at 18:54, Rimfireboy! said:

I’m with ianm on this one, having both I’d suggest you go for a hornet in either .17 or .22, they will do everything the hmr will do and more, and in most circumstances better. 

I hear what you say but I have a lot of different calibres because they each do a job, of course there are elements of overlap, but a Hornet is way more than a HMR (too much more in some situations) and not everyone has a desire to reload.

:thumbs:

• Like 2