They are paired up!

Took a walk somewhere I have not lamped for about three years. It was sad in as much as there was no rabbits. I use to be able to fill a sack with them in an hour or so. Not any more!

I walked the maize stubbles and got a glint, no sooner had I spotted it it had gone! I carried on. In a gateway and even in the dark I could see fresh fallow slots. They seem to be doing well here and I often think about getting serious about taking one but then I think better of it. I turned back for the car and on the way counted how many rabbit I had seen, seven! As I neared the car and from the other side of a hill I hear a dog fox and then a Vixen too! Game on I think.              Eventually I bump into one, I had by now come around the hill keeping in the dark and it paid off. Charlie was coming my way and was not lamp shy.                          He twigged me at 100 yd or so and sat down. I lifted the rifle and muttered "Bernard, you can do this" and sent the vintage Winchester bullet.                             Amongst the crack I heard a thump and a yelp and thought " it's toast". I paced it off 100 and looked around for it. It, a large dog had run its last for 40yd or so. A real smart large dog fox. Ironic really. I shot my first fox in this area on the same field 29 years ago! Saw nowt of the Vixen, cow!GIF-191022_205849.gif.6f60e6dda559d72997f29b929bb8e850.gif

The bullet went straight in the middle of its bib, looks like I can still shoot ?           SD.

• Like 7

Your not wrong sd... there paired up in a garden I’m building a wall in, ive got to leave a hole in so the fcukers can get through to get there daily feed?

ive got the lads on a keep stum about what I get up to as I feel the brews will dry up or I’ll get poisoned?

• Haha 2