Last night at chesil

Looks great, I have only fished there once many years ago and caught a sunfish ............................... surprised the hell out of me, someone else told me what it was as I didn't have a clue.

I envy you having such a brilliant venue like Chesil on your doorstep.

Phil

• Like 1

I must admit that nowadays I enjoy lure fishing more than bait fishing but with water like bisto here on the Humber, little chance of that although when I used to do a lot of kayak fishing, bass would take a trailing lure whilst paddling to the mark that I was going to fish at anchor.

Phil

• Like 1
2 hours ago, philpot said:

I must admit that nowadays I enjoy lure fishing more than bait fishing but with water like bisto here on the Humber, little chance of that although when I used to do a lot of kayak fishing, bass would take a trailing lure whilst paddling to the mark that I was going to fish at anchor.

Phil

I have a small boat and fish in the muddy waters of the suffolk coast and i have lure fished this year more than i have bait fished and have boated plenty of Bass whilst trolling lures,so don't be put off by unclear water mate..:victory:

7 minutes ago, fireman said:

I have a small boat and fish in the muddy waters of the suffolk coast and i have lure fished this year more than i have bait fished and have boated plenty of Bass whilst trolling lures,so don't be put off by unclear water mate..:victory:

I do visit and fish the waters around Southwold to Aldeburgh two or three times a year and believe me your sea colour doesn't compare with the Humber but nevertheless it is possible to fish with lures in gravy coloured water but nowhere near as successful as clear water. I have caught many bass at Sizewell area and some great cod sessions at Dunwitch with bait and some bass and mullet at Southwold area on lures.

We stay at John Bidwell's place, Highlodge. Great clay shooting, fishing with sea fishing only 10mins away.

LOVE SUFFOLK....................

Phil

• Like 1
23 hours ago, philpot said:

Looks great, I have only fished there once many years ago and caught a sunfish ............................... surprised the hell out of me, someone else told me what it was as I didn't have a clue.

I envy you having such a brilliant venue like Chesil on your doorstep.

Phil

Two and a half to three hours is not exactly on my doorstep. ??

• Haha 2
On 23/10/2019 at 23:16, philpot said:

I do visit and fish the waters around Southwold to Aldeburgh two or three times a year and believe me your sea colour doesn't compare with the Humber but nevertheless it is possible to fish with lures in gravy coloured water but nowhere near as successful as clear water. I have caught many bass at Sizewell area and some great cod sessions at Dunwitch with bait and some bass and mullet at Southwold area on lures.

We stay at John Bidwell's place, Highlodge. Great clay shooting, fishing with sea fishing only 10mins away.

LOVE SUFFOLK....................

Phil

Fare doo's and Orford island is where i fish around mate,my pal who has lived there all his life sometimes says it's really clear when all i can see is a muddy sea and feck all like the pembrokeshire waters i used to fish in :laugh:.The cod have just about left the building and only a few codding have been caught going on reports from the charter boats these days,plenty of Bass this year in the river orwell and other estuaries..

I know of High lodge as it goes and have a look at the new set up ran by Phillip Thurrock at Quidenham clay and game,a very good day and arguably some of the best coaches in the country  with him and his daughter Jessica to help you through the day.I don't shoot myself but do some pest control on the estate so have seen some days with my own eyes and a good laugh and good sport was had by all..

Give us a shout next year when your down and we can maybe get a session out on my boat sorted for you...:victory:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
57 minutes ago, fireman said:

Fare doo's and Orford island is where i fish around mate,my pal who has lived there all his life sometimes says it's really clear when all i can see is a muddy sea and feck all like the pembrokeshire waters i used to fish in :laugh:.The cod have just about left the building and only a few codding have been caught going on reports from the charter boats these days,plenty of Bass this year in the river orwell and other estuaries..

I know of High lodge as it goes and have a look at the new set up ran by Phillip Thurrock at Quidenham clay and game,a very good day and arguably some of the best coaches in the country  with him and his daughter Jessica to help you through the day.I don't shoot myself but do some pest control on the estate so have seen some days with my own eyes and a good laugh and good sport was had by all..

Give us a shout next year when your down and we can maybe get a session out on my boat sorted for you...:victory:

What a nice offer, thank you. We are down in May for two weeks so I will get in touch nearer the time.

Phil

• Like 1