How much would you pay?‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

By that last post ABC it seems there’s an ulterior motive to this thread and you’re trying to get under someones skin?

Maybe? just want to see what folks are willing to pay for dog's they haven't seen or seen worked that's all. To me that's buying a dog for how the ped looks not how the dog work's. And with that comes the wrong intentions. Even if I had all the money in the world I would still want to see the animal work for that kind of cash before I spent it. And even if I did have all the money in the world I still wouldn't pay 4,000$ for a terrier. Sorry but that is just being foolish. 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's only 2/3 lads  imo, who have the bloodlines i know graft on another level and keep them right  , who I would happily pay money for a pup off....... Not heard of them selling anything to anyone

If you value your terrier you'd find the right home for it, if you're terrier was the real McCoy there'd  be a queue ready and waiting to take it.  I don't like the ready made market, I've kept d

Why worry what others do abc? If the way you do things are working out.... I'd not be bothered what others are doing... I was stuck myself once and payed £300 for a young bitch that had started her di

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Ace Boone coon said:

So if you had 4,000$ you would pay that for a terrier? To me that's crazy. Especially when you never even seen them in person nor work. To me that's foolish and stupid. 

Why worry what others do abc? If the way you do things are working out.... I'd not be bothered what others are doing... I was stuck myself once and payed £300 for a young bitch that had started her digging career because I was on my arse.... Turned out to be 1 of the best dogs I've ever dug over imo, and I made her what she was, throwing the work at her..... Turned down a few grand for her a few times when out in company. I'd pay 3 times that if I could find another if I'm honest...... Everything I've had since has not been fit to eat her shit..... 1 minute you can be over dogged... The next on your arse, just how it goes sometimes... If the genuine article was available from a line I know produces the goods, then I would pay what they ask..... And still offer to gift them something back... Just how I am.... I don't think some folks can get their heads around the effort that certain lads put into a line..... They are welcome to do as they see fit.... Its been their life's work and I can respect that.... If your not in the club.... Who am I or anyone else to run them down? 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

Why worry what others do abc? If the way you do things are working out.... I'd not be bothered what others are doing... I was stuck myself once and payed £300 for a young bitch that had started her digging career because I was on my arse.... Turned out to be 1 of the best dogs I've ever dug over imo, and I made her what she was, throwing the work at her..... Turned down a few grand for her a few times when out in company. I'd pay 3 times that if I could find another if I'm honest...... Everything I've had since has not been fit to eat her shit..... 1 minute you can be over dogged... The next on your arse, just how it goes sometimes... If the genuine article was available from a line I know produces the goods, then I would pay what they ask..... And still offer to gift them something back... Just how I am.... I don't think some folks can get their heads around the effort that certain lads put into a line..... They are welcome to do as they see fit.... Its been their life's work and I can respect that.... If your not in the club.... Who am I or anyone else to run them down? 

I'm not worried about it buddy. Just asking to see how many of you would spend 3,000 to 4,000 on a terrier to buy and buy it sight unseen that's all. Just wanted to here other folks opion that's all.

57 minutes ago, baker boy said:

I didnt say that did I

No, but you did say if you could afford something you wanted you would pay it. Even if I had all the money I still wouldn't pay that kind of money for a terrier. If I was planning on breeding and selling my pup's then I could see it. But I don't breed nor do I sell any of my dog's. My dog's are for me and my friends everyone else can just fade away no matter what kind of money they have. I guess I'm a selfish and don't like to share?‍♂️

It’s not just as black and white as buying a dog you see work ABC , if a lad has a dog from a pup then the dog will usually build a bond with his owner and work all the better for it. There’s a lot more to a terrier than it being a digging terrier or a failure, there’s so much of a grey area in between the two poles that who’s to say what you’re buying? 

Start from a pup EVERY time for me, f*ck all this buying the finished article shite.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

It’s not just as black and white as buying a dog you see work ABC , if a lad has a dog from a pup then the dog will usually build a bond with his owner and work all the better for it. There’s a lot more to a terrier than it being a digging terrier or a failure, there’s so much of a grey area in between the two poles that who’s to say what you’re buying? 

Start from a pup EVERY time for me, f*ck all this buying the finished article shite.

That's exactly one of my points!! The bond is very important.  And who spends 10,000$ on dog's or better without even seeing them nor seeing them work!! That alone is retarded crazy!! But as soon as this person got them he put up a big website selling pup's for a 1,000$ that is crazy also! All because of a ped!! Every dog  I own I personally went and picked my pup up so I can see how it acts and the parents. And the breeder offered me the right peds for my dog's and told him I didn't need them because I wasn't planning on breeding and selling the pup's that if and when I do breed them I'm keeping them or my friend's and family could have them none for sale!! Money and dog's are not a good combo at least to me. When money gets involved the true meaning of the bred goes away and money becomes more important. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, baker boy said:

The most Ive ever paid for a pup is £150, Ive only ever bought 1 partially entered terrier and that also cost me £150

If a genuine bloke with a terrier that worked exactly as I would expect was selling 1 for a genuine reason I would happily pay a good price for it

I'm only guessing on this, but I'm gonna assume that's a 150 pounds?  If so that's far off from thousands. Lmao, I don't care how much one pays for there dog's but you can bet that when someone pays that kind of money for a dog that they never seen nor seen work the intent is never a good one. People like that ruin blood lines not help them. I been on this board for atleast a couple of years now or better and not once have I asked someone about peds nor asked anyone on here to sell me a dog either. Why is that? 

49 minutes ago, Ace Boone coon said:

That's exactly one of my points!! The bond is very important.  And who spends 10,000$ on dog's or better without even seeing them nor seeing them work!! That alone is retarded crazy!! But as soon as this person got them he put up a big website selling pup's for a 1,000$ that is crazy also! All because of a ped!! Every dog  I own I personally went and picked my pup up so I can see how it acts and the parents. And the breeder offered me the right peds for my dog's and told him I didn't need them because I wasn't planning on breeding and selling the pup's that if and when I do breed them I'm keeping them or my friend's and family could have them none for sale!! Money and dog's are not a good combo at least to me. When money gets involved the true meaning of the bred goes away and money becomes more important. 

Money has always been involved in both sporting and working dogs and always will be it’s just one of them things so I can’t see your one man vendetta having much of an impact. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, dogmandont said:

Money has always been involved in both sporting and working dogs and always will be it’s just one of them things so I can’t see your one man vendetta having much of an impact. 

Don't have one. Did I mention his name? No I did not! Just asking if any of you would spend that kind of money on a terrier you never even seen before that's all. Why is it that your always on my dick no matter what I post? I bet nobody has even met you on this board nor knows you. Stop riding my pole and go find a hole!! 

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Ace Boone coon said:

I'm not worried about it buddy. Just asking to see how many of you would spend 3,000 to 4,000 on a terrier to buy and buy it sight unseen that's all. Just wanted to here other folks opion that's all.

If I saw a terrier work and I thought it would be a  improvement of  what I had and i could give it the graft it needed i  personally couldn't give shite if folk think I payed over the odds it's my money to many folk theses days need to concerate on there own yards and not bother what others are doing it only breeds jealously  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If you value your terrier you'd find the right home for it, if you're terrier was the real McCoy there'd  be a queue ready and waiting to take it. 

I don't like the ready made market, I've kept dogs I don't get on with just to save them the pain of the merry go round,  at least until I feel they're going to the right home.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
29 minutes ago, Ace Boone coon said:

Don't have one. Did I mention his name? No I did not! Just asking if any of you would spend that kind of money on a terrier you never even seen before that's all. Why is it that your always on my dick no matter what I post? I bet nobody has even met you on this board nor knows you. Stop riding my pole and go find a hole!! 

Every time you post on here it’s the same ole shite but I’ll leave you to it. 

• Thanks 2
15 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

If I saw a terrier work and I thought it would be a  improvement of  what I had and i could give it the graft it needed i  personally couldn't give shite if folk think I payed over the odds it's my money to many folk theses days need to concerate on there own yards and not bother what others are doing it only breeds jealously  

How can one be jealous if they have the same blood?‍♂️

4 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Every time you post on here it’s the same ole shite but I’ll leave you to 

No it's not the same ole shit. Never once asked this question and was just looking to here other's opinions that's all. Is there anyone on here across the pond that knows this guy? For some reason I highly doubt it??

4 minutes ago, Ace Boone coon said:

No it's not the same ole shit. Never once asked this question and was just looking to here other's opinions that's all. Is there anyone on here across the pond that knows this guy? For some reason I highly doubt it??

The reason nobody knows me on here is because I chose to keep it that way and the only one it annoys is you which I think is great. ???

• Like 2