Mushrooms

Loads of wood mushrooms around at the moment. I can't remember a year when there have been so many.  A blokes garden down the road is like a white  carpet.  When I was a kid my Sisters and Brother and I used to go to a field that was known as the bull field. it was a field that grew loads of mushrooms. Some were really big and were known as horse mushrooms. They were good fried in butter or beef dripping.

Ps. Whilst out with the dog this afternoon I picked a bag full, came home and the Mrs had bought a tray from Tesco. Still they'll be used.

Edited by Meece
  • Like 3

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Watch out for the "The Yellow Stainer Mushroom" often in amongst Field Mushrooms and Horse Mushrooms. Scratch the outside of the Cap and bottom of the Stalk if it goes bright yellow you have one.

Mushrooms =...small fun guy often found in Barca .

Used to get that 20 yrs ago at glasto?can fill a tesco bag in 10 mins in the fields where I live...... Used to enjoy a good trip lol?

Posted Images

Watch out for the "The Yellow Stainer Mushroom" often in amongst Field Mushrooms and Horse Mushrooms.

Scratch the outside of the Cap and bottom of the Stalk if it goes bright yellow you have one. There are more poisonings in the UK than with any other Mushroom.

Look how alike they are.

P1200463.jpeg.11d9df164e211f5ffd5f005c7ff61716.jpeg

P1200463.jpeg.11d9df164e211f5ffd5f005c7ff61716.jpeg

How to tell.

P1200476.jpeg.09e91d1e1cf65a8f1e54f9e6c6b8b560.jpeg

Cheers Arry

• Like 9

It's odd that we all have a high degree of suspicion about wild mushrooms here in the UK, yet over on the continent they seem to eat all sorts of stuff that I wouldn't touch with a barge pole. when I was a kid I dont remember anyone ever thinking anything about poisonous fungi apart from the obvious fairy tale red with white spots jobbies. Never heard about anyone keeling over. In fact when there was a bumper crop they were even sold to the local crocer.  Imagine that now. ....  Grocer. .... can you verify the origin of these "Organic musrooms", Mrs Bloggs. The old bull field.  Grocer. ... do you have a record of pesticides used on that field ?

Edited by Meece
  • Like 1
On 20/10/2019 at 22:07, Meece said:

It's odd that we all have a high degree of suspicion about wild mushrooms here in the UK, yet over on the continent they seem to eat all sorts of stuff that I wouldn't touch with a barge pole. when I was a kid I dont remember anyone ever thinking anything about poisonous fungi apart from the obvious fairy tale red with white spots jobbies. Never heard about anyone keeling over. In fact when there was a bumper crop they were even sold to the local crocer.  Imagine that now. ....  Grocer. .... can you verify the origin of these "Organic musrooms", Mrs Bloggs. The old bull field.  Grocer. ... do you have a record of pesticides used on that field ?

In my experience once even the mildest Pesticide is used in a field it's goodbye to Field mushrooms or Blue legs for at least three years

DSCF0043_zps5cjtksg9.jpg

On 21/10/2019 at 17:16, slip lead said:

I heard the other day magic mush are fetching £10 a gram dried. 

Used to get that 20 yrs ago at glasto?can fill a tesco bag in 10 mins in the fields where I live...... Used to enjoy a good trip lol?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, downsouth said:

Can I eat these?

20191015_122406.jpg

20191015_122412.jpg

Yes, you could eat them but I'd ask the gnome sitting on top of them if you are going to die a horrible death first !! Oh and do you have a barge pole available to keep away from them.  AND as for those blue things Naah  I'll pass on them..

• Haha 2