Cos I is fat!

I fasted all day, fat git. Hunted squirrels and rabbits for 7 hours. Got home totally knackered, fat git.

All I carried was the 410. Eight squirrels down, they are fat too! Nice show of pheasants to hunt a little later with a frontstuffer.

IMG_20191018_101424824.jpg.ba2b469f60c36e538723bafe57e27b5d.jpg

Edited by Sausagedog
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Stavross said:

It always amazes me how many acorns them greedy little beggars can eat in one sitting, I was watching some the other day and the speed they were scoffing them down was mental 

Stav I have prepped many a pheasant and the crop is full and as big as the breast.

Birds are amazing, in the middle of winter they are on roost for 14 hours plus.

I have seen them come off roost in the dark before sunrise, they must be starving some mornings.

14 minutes ago, tomburras said:

Sounds a great day out! Great to see a hushpower been used too. Nice pic. 

I love it. Always loved a 410 but this is so nice to shoot and it fits perfectly too.

The ammo today was not the best I had in stock but it's gone now, some were subsonic some not. Still downed vermin.

No ringing ears too!

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

I love it. Always loved a 410 but this is so nice to shoot and it fits perfectly too.

The ammo today was not the best I had in stock but it's gone now, some were subsonic some not. Still downed vermin.

No ringing ears too!

Ace. I been lamping with my adler with 3 inch eley 19g magnums still quiet (ish) i stuck a ruby red fibre optic on mine and got it lined up with a cheap chinese .410 lazer bore sighter. Its fricking awsome lamping with my £3 chinease head torch. 

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, tomburras said:

Ace. I been lamping with my adler with 3 inch eley 19g magnums still quiet (ish) i stuck a ruby red fibre optic on mine and got it lined up with a cheap chinese .410 lazer bore sighter. Its fricking awsome lamping with my £3 chinease head torch. 

That sounds brill. How far does the head torch reach then?

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/10/2019 at 04:49, tomburras said:

Easy 100 yards. Here is a link....

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F143357925284

Have you got a new stock on your hushpower?

I got one of the above head torches, it arrived yesterday and they are good.

I have to quickly move it to the side of my head in order to aim a shot gun.

?

Be interesting to see how good durability is. I've bought many a cheap powerful torch off ebay, but always find 2 issues:

1. On / Off buttons always fail after a few months - intermittent contact

2. Zoom facility starts to make intermittent electrical contact after a while

Be great if these buck the trend and prove durable and reliable.