Best food for lactating bitch

There’s was a chap I use to knock about with a few years ago always use to tell me to give a bitch a pint of full cream cows milk everyday once she has whelped to help her keep good weight and plenty of milk flowing from the bitch. That along with plenty of good grub is about all you can do.  right or wrong it seems to work and the bitch goes mad for it,  the mans dogs were always in great fettle at all times he kept some of the best looking dogs condition wise I have seen.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, trigger2 said:

There’s was a chap I use to knock about with a few years ago always use to tell me to give a bitch a pint of full cream cows milk everyday once she has whelped to help keep good weight and plenty of milk flowing from the bitch. That along with plenty of good grub is about all you can do.  right or wrong it seems to work and the bitch goes mad for it,  the mans dogs were always in great fettle in general.

I’ve never seen a wolf or a dog in the wild hanging off a cows tit ........

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
10 hours ago, trigger2 said:

There’s was a chap I use to knock about with a few years ago always use to tell me to give a bitch a pint of full cream cows milk everyday once she has whelped to help her keep good weight and plenty of milk flowing from the bitch. That along with plenty of good grub is about all you can do.  right or wrong it seems to work and the bitch goes mad for it,  the mans dogs were always in great fettle at all times he kept some of the best looking dogs condition wise I have seen.

Trigg lots a the old timers on the farms put a bu key of fresh cows milk down fa the dogs and cats they had feck  all else allways looked in fine fettle  atb bill

8 hours ago, billhardy said:

Trigg lots a the old timers on the farms put a bu key of fresh cows milk down fa the dogs and cats they had feck  all else allways looked in fine fettle  atb bill

My family on my dad's side weren't all Irish and they were farmers they kept and worked grounds on some of the most unforgiving ground there was these dogs were out in the field more then the cattle on the farm and all they were fed believe it or not was the same food that the pigs got and on the really odd occasion a bone or 2 I think those dogs were fit as fiddles 

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Penda said:

My family on my dad's side weren't all Irish and they were farmers they kept and worked grounds on some of the most unforgiving ground there was these dogs were out in the field more then the cattle on the farm and all they were fed believe it or not was the same food that the pigs got and on the really odd occasion a bone or 2 I think those dogs were fit as fiddles 

Were Irish that 1st bits meant to say shouldn't write these half cut ?

• Like 1